Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was wondering, we stayed at WL, and, we found out from here, that we could go up and hep raise the flags in the morning, if we signed up.

We really enjoyed that.

I was wondering, whether there are any of those little, less known things at the Poly?

The Bungalows are beautiful. That said..... The portable air conditioner that they put in the Master Bedroom to help with heat issue works great! However, It is placed in what used to be the door going out to the patio from the Master Bedroom and It's loud. It didn't bother us too much but for what we pay (points) there should be a quieter solution. The Master bedroom windows were dirty. We did get daily housekeeping. I had asked at the front desk and they were vague about it but they did show up daily. There should be a rug or Mat just inside the slider going out to the deck. We were in the plunge pool (LOVE IT) and it started pouring down rain. There is a mat outside but not inside and it was very slippery after coming in from the wet deck. They don't or didn't provided pool or extra towels for the plunge pool. I called and they wanted to charge me for extra towels, because they said we should use the towels in the bathrooms, I told them we weren't going to use the same towels for the pool. They said okay and sent additional towels. I suggest you ask for additional towels when checking in or see if you can get pool towels from the pool.

The lighting, in my opinion, in both the Master bath and bedroom is too dark even at it's highest. I do like the blackout shades on all the windows.

The TV in the master bath mirror is so cool - there's even a waterproof remote for it.

I highly recommend ordering the Ohana Hawaiian- style feast for room service. I saw a youtube review on it:

It was delicious. We called dining late morning and ordered it for 6:30pm. They actually recommend we order for 3 instead of 4, we are glad we did because we had a lot of leftovers. Which we brought home, since we are locals (couples staycation).

The view of the fireworks and boat parade are unsurpassed. There is a knob on the wall outside to turn up to hear the music. We could even see Tinker Bell flying form Cinderella's Castle.

We throughly enjoyed our stay and despite the few issues I listed will book the Bungalows again, hopefully everything I listed will be either improved or fixed.

Every cast member we encountered were friendly and professional.

Enjoy your stay!

Great thread! I'm currently booked to stay at BC but really considering changing to the Poly. Could someone please tell me if the rooms in Samoa that face the lagoon have king beds? I heard that the only king beds faced the oasis pool. Could someone please confirm this? Thank you! :)

Samoa doesn't have any rooms that face the lagoon. Some of the rooms on the Lava Pool side have a bit of a side view of the lagoon, but nothing dead on (just wanted to mention that in case you were hoping for a lagoon view from Samoa). Anyways, I have only heard of king beds on the Oasis Pool side. We have never stayed at the BC, so can't make a comparison, but the Poly is our favourite resort. Good luck choosing!

I think I asked this on another thread, but...
It doesn't especially matter, as we are super excited to be staying at the Poly, but I am wondering, just for interest, since we are booked in a NON CL NON DVC lagoon view room, anyone know what house this is likely to be in?

Lagoon view non DVC will be either Aotearoa or Tuvalu. Personally I would do online check-in and request Tuvalu. Aotearoa is set further back from the lagoon, while Tuvalu sits right on the edge of the water.

Logistical question for a split stay here....

Checking out of Poly the morning of our MNSHHP. I understand that we retain guest privileges though through the end of our checkout day? I'm wondering what we should do with our costumes? We don't have anything too extravagant, but more than I'd like to haul around the park all day. Would I be able to leave a small bag at the bellhop? They'll already be transferring our luggage to AoA for us, but it would be way easier to just hop on the monorail back to Poly and get changed for the party.

Also...

Samoa doesn't have any rooms that face the lagoon. Some of the rooms on the Lava Pool side have a bit of a side view of the lagoon, but nothing dead on (just wanted to mention that in case you were hoping for a lagoon view from Samoa). Anyways, I have only heard of king beds on the Oasis Pool side. We have never stayed at the BC, so can't make a comparison, but the Poly is our favourite resort. Good luck choosing!

Lagoon view non DVC will be either Aotearoa or Tuvalu. Personally I would do online check-in and request Tuvalu. Aotearoa is set further back from the lagoon, while Tuvalu sits right on the edge of the water.

Is lagoon view the same as theme park view? If not, whats the difference? Just curious because Aotearoa and Tuvalu are the two buildings I was told to request for TPV.

:flower1:16 Days!:P
We are 2 adults and 2-9 yo's staying in standard 3rd floor room. I'd like to stay organized in the room so we're not tripping over luggage. How many drawers are there in the room? Is the closet big enough for 4 small carryon-sized suitcases?

Logistical question for a split stay here....

Checking out of Poly the morning of our MNSHHP. I understand that we retain guest privileges though through the end of our checkout day? I'm wondering what we should do with our costumes? We don't have anything too extravagant, but more than I'd like to haul around the park all day. Would I be able to leave a small bag at the bellhop? They'll already be transferring our luggage to AoA for us, but it would be way easier to just hop on the monorail back to Poly and get changed for the party.

Also...

Is lagoon view the same as theme park view? If not, whats the difference? Just curious because Aotearoa and Tuvalu are the two buildings I was told to request for TPV.

I don't see why they wouldn't keep a bag for you, just make sure they keep it separate from the stuff they're sending to AoA! Another option might be to get a locker at the MK, then you wouldn't need to go back to the Poly for the costumes.

Lagoon view rooms face straight out onto the lagoon just like the theme park view. The difference is the TPV guarantees an unobstructed view. A lagoon view may have something like a big tree outside your window/balcony.

I don't see why they wouldn't keep a bag for you, just make sure they keep it separate from the stuff they're sending to AoA! Another option might be to get a locker at the MK, then you wouldn't need to go back to the Poly for the costumes.

Lagoon view rooms face straight out onto the lagoon just like the theme park view. The difference is the TPV guarantees an unobstructed view. A lagoon view may have something like a big tree outside your window/balcony.

Yeah, I just thought about that. Even if I put a big tag on the costume bag that said it was not to be transferred I would worry something would go awry. I forget about the lockers at MK. that looks like the safer bet.

Thanks for the TPV clarification!

:flower1:16 Days!:P
We are 2 adults and 2-9 yo's staying in standard 3rd floor room. I'd like to stay organized in the room so we're not tripping over luggage. How many drawers are there in the room? Is the closet big enough for 4 small carryon-sized suitcases?

We were in Rarontonga last week. I remember 6 decent sized drawers in the dresser and a very wide drawer in each night stand. I don't think there is enough room in the closet for the bags. We kept ours in the corner and had no trouble. The room is quite large, we were surprised.

We were in Rarontonga last week. I remember 6 decent sized drawers in the dresser and a very wide drawer in each night stand. I don't think there is enough room in the closet for the bags. We kept ours in the corner and had no trouble. The room is quite large, we were surprised.

Great! Thank you. I was hoping there were enough drawers to have one each. That will help.

I asked a while back but I think it got buried in all the Poly fun :)

Does anyone know if the first floor, park view rooms in Tuvalu have any grassy area between the room and the water? From the pictures I've seen it looks really close to the water and I can't tell if the doors are sliders or not.

We stayed in Tuvalu on the 3rd floor, and from looking down from our balcony it looked like there was a couple feet of grass between the patios and the fence along the water.

We stayed in Tuvalu on the 3rd floor, and from looking down from our balcony it looked like there was a couple feet of grass between the patios and the fence along the water.

Perfect, thank you! That's just the information I was looking for :)

Does anyone have an idea of the pool hours for October? I've been looking forward to watching the fireworks from the Volcano pool, but just realized that fireworks aren't until 10/10:15(MNSSHP nights) when we're there, and I thought I saw somewhere that the pool closes at 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter