Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We just spend five days in a Poly DVC studio (Tokelau 3rd floor) and I agree that building’s location was perfect. So convenient to the pools, food, and transportation.

I was worried construction noise would ruin our daily midday pool breaks but we didn’t hear a peep, even on our resort day when we were at lava pool all day. Unless you had a room right next to construction and had a need to be IN the room in the middle of the day (eg little one with an afternoon nap) I don’t think construction would be a problem, as it is only happening during the day, not night, and not noticeable from the resort common areas.

We stayed at Rivera before the Poly with standard view and got a parking lot view. It reminded me why they are still selling Poly rooms that face the construction—standard view has always had the possibility of being really terrible. We just shut the curtains and treated it like an inside room on a cruise ship.

We just spend five days in a Poly DVC studio (Tokelau 3rd floor) and I agree that building’s location was perfect. So convenient to the pools, food, and transportation.

I was worried construction noise would ruin our daily midday pool breaks but we didn’t hear a peep, even on our resort day when we were at lava pool all day. Unless you had a room right next to construction and had a need to be IN the room in the middle of the day (eg little one with an afternoon nap) I don’t think construction would be a problem, as it is only happening during the day, not night, and not noticeable from the resort common areas.

We stayed at Rivera before the Poly with standard view and got a parking lot view. It reminded me why they are still selling Poly rooms that face the construction—standard view has always had the possibility of being really terrible. We just shut the curtains and treated it like an inside room on a cruise ship.
Is it still correct that the walking path to the Grand is currently open-but-rerouted around the construction?

Looks like we will definitely be requesting Tokelau then! I’m glad it didn’t impact your trip. I feel good about our decision to book a DVC room, we don’t have kids but we are avowed midday break people and I didn’t want to chance it.

…you can also stand on the deck/landing of the outside stairs and view fireworks, if the beach is not an option.
(Tokelau 3rd floor beach side stairs). I haven’t tried the 2nd floor but it may be a possibility.
Yep I have done that too! Nice views up there. Tuvalu too!

Is it still correct that the walking path to the Grand is currently open-but-rerouted around the construction?
It is open but not pretty just serviceable. I was at gf and did it 2 weeks ago. I would do it if I was heading gf to poly vs long mono around but poly to gf mono is nicer . Also you cross the street twice so with kids it’s a pain. No crossing guards just you being careful.

I had a dolewhip and Walt would be ashamed. Not a single garbage can the whole way and I had to carry my container lol.

Looks like we will definitely be requesting Tokelau then! I’m glad it didn’t impact your trip. I feel good about our decision to book a DVC room, we don’t have kids but we are avowed midday break people and I didn’t want to chance it.
When I did OCI the other day it came up 1st floor, Tokelau, Moorea. I did Tokelau and Moorea.

We arrive late 12/30 so I prefer room request. Then we move to poly gv Cl one night then back to a studio. Our last day I put in request T or M but checked the room ready early priority. We will have the lounge that day and leave lunch time next day so I don’t care what we get.

Checked into Poly on th 12/1. I can confirm they are booking standard view rooms at regular rate with horrid locations and views. I booked our room about a year ago (booked as soon as I could) I made a written and phone request to be away from construction. When we arrived I checked in at front desk, she let me know our room was ready, I asked she confirm we were away from construction as requested. CM realized we were right NEAR construction and took time to find a more suitable room. As we’d were heading to Epcot I told her I didn’t care about check in time.She was able to move us to Rarotonga. We love our room. Second floor, corner room with fun view of the monorail. I’m immensely grateful for the CM who took the time to find us room.

However, I will be following up as I think it is horrendous that they are selling standard view rooms at full rate with views like below. Mind you I booked this room a year ago, paid full rate. I’m grateful and relieved it worked out, but for many others it won’t and I find it necessary to be another voice for other folks.

So here is where they had us originally, 3rd floor Fiji. 700$+ a night. For this. Unacceptable.

Attachments

• E351903B-9F54-4596-B6B1-F4959F487F70.jpeg
    E351903B-9F54-4596-B6B1-F4959F487F70.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 82
We just returned from a 2 week stay. Loved the resort, walking around the beautiful grounds was amazing on its own. It was pretty cool being able to get a Dole Whip from the resort and watching the fireworks from the marina.

We were in Aotearoa, right up against construction area but thankfully our room faced the opposite way. We didn't hear any noise at any time during our stay. I did notice people coming and going from the rooms on the other side so there were definitely guests with less than lovely views of the giant mound of dirt.

The Christmas music, though...forever burned into my brain. Immediately decided that visiting at Christmas is not for me!

Checked into Poly on th 12/1. I can confirm they are booking standard view rooms at regular rate with horrid locations and views. I booked our room about a year ago (booked as soon as I could) I made a written and phone request to be away from construction. When we arrived I checked in at front desk, she let me know our room was ready, I asked she confirm we were away from construction as requested. CM realized we were right NEAR construction and took time to find a more suitable room. As we’d were heading to Epcot I told her I didn’t care about check in time.She was able to move us to Rarotonga. We love our room. Second floor, corner room with fun view of the monorail. I’m immensely grateful for the CM who took the time to find us room.

However, I will be following up as I think it is horrendous that they are selling standard view rooms at full rate with views like below. Mind you I booked this room a year ago, paid full rate. I’m grateful and relieved it worked out, but for many others it won’t and I find it necessary to be another voice for other folks.

So here is where they had us originally, 3rd floor Fiji. 700$+ a night. For this. Unacceptable.
Oh man, this is what I’m so stressed about for April! I’m assuming there won’t be any rooms to change to then, either. Did you feel you missed out on anything without a patio or balcony? Did you get a sense of what happens if there’s no better view room to change into? Is it just a “buyer beware” think on their part? Thanks!!

This was more of a park heavy trip for us so we didn’t miss a balcony at all. We loved our view of the monorail and walking path in Rarotonga.

It is Christmas season so they did have an alternative room option for us even though it’s a busy time. However, I think given we arrived early in the day also helped.

Honestly, if we had been stuck with the original room it would’ve very much soured my vacation and I would’ve been livid. It’s like showing up to a concert and being stuck behind a pole with no advance notice. It’s really shady practice that they are charging anyone same rate for “standard”. They need to either reduce the rate for those rooms if they’re putting guests in them.

I’ve been watching room tours on YouTube. Really like the layout since it’s just two of us. Having extra seating instead of another bed is nice. Which building is best do you think for a standard studio?
We requested Tokelau last time and ended up in Moorea. I thought it was fine, easy to walk to GCH and also the TTC. Moorea has the laundry so it was nice to be able to easily access that. I did put in a request for Tokelau this go around (arrive for Christmas in a few weeks!) but I also selected first available since we arrive early. I feel like you really can't go wrong- especially with the construction. I'm relieved to hear the DVC buildings seem spared from any construction sights/sounds.

Does anyone know whether lotion is provided in the deluxe studios (Moorea/Tokelau)?

Just saw a detailed review so I suppose lotion is incl. When we stayed at the Grand and AKL 5-6 years ago foot lotion and mouthwash used to be included

Oh man, this is what I’m so stressed about for April! I’m assuming there won’t be any rooms to change to then, either. Did you feel you missed out on anything without a patio or balcony? Did you get a sense of what happens if there’s no better view room to change into? Is it just a “buyer beware” think on their part? Thanks!!
We will be there in April too (I think I’ve run into you on here before by the way…. You did a trip review?). We were able to book pool/marina. Keep checking and maybe you can switch. Or get into a studio.

My main concern is my 7 and 8 year olds and lines in April!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter