Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I had studio for our 11/28-29 mvmcp party with AP. The water view just came up so for 15 I switched. I traded a guaranteed balcony for guaranteed 2 beds.

Hoping for Samoa!

Your post pushed me over the fence :)
Nice! I was pleasantly surprised. I'm a big Rarotonga fan but I might like Samoa even better. Only thing that's not so great is the noise potential if you're on the side facing the Lava pool. We were facing Oasis so it was fine. But I could see that being an issue because we like to nap on our midday breaks.

I will say we got turned around a lot coming back at night from the TTC side. Maybe we had one too many at Epcot, which didn't help. :rotfl2: But we did end up at Hawaii a lot by accident.

Nice! I was pleasantly surprised. I'm a big Rarotonga fan but I might like Samoa even better. Only thing that's not so great is the noise potential if you're on the side facing the Lava pool. We were facing Oasis so it was fine. But I could see that being an issue because we like to nap on our midday breaks.

I will say we got turned around a lot coming back at night from the TTC side. Maybe we had one too many at Epcot, which didn't help. :rotfl2: But we did end up at Hawaii a lot by accident.
I took an Uber from the TTC to the Poly once I was so turned around by Epcots offerings...egads. The ride was exactly 1 minute....and I tipped well as a penance..
It happens lol.
Ended up at Trader Sam's drinking out of a large pearl cup...which still sits on a shelf as a reminder.

Last edited:
Paid cash to stay at Poly for first time as I had always dreamed of staying there and lost the resort view sweepstakes! Aotearoa. Couldn't have had a worse view lol. I will say I spoke to the front desk SUPER nicely and they did give me a bit of resort credit which was cool. Even with this view the room and the resort and the whole vibe was exactly what I always imagined and did not disappoint! Love the Poly and hopefully can get a much better view next time we stay!
1689354821101.png

Paid cash to stay at Poly for first time as I had always dreamed of staying there and lost the resort view sweepstakes! Aotearoa. Couldn't have had a worse view lol. I will say I spoke to the front desk SUPER nicely and they did give me a bit of resort credit which was cool. Even with this view the room and the resort and the whole vibe was exactly what I always imagined and did not disappoint! Love the Poly and hopefully can get a much better view next time we stay!
View attachment 777588
Sorry you didn't get the best view but I'm glad to hear that you still enjoyed your stay.

Why not ask to change rooms?
I did! Maybe too nicely because they wanted to upcharge me. And these rooms already cost me enough. I politely declined but didn't exactly walk away defeated. I just kinda stood around while the front desk was on the phone with a manager. Finally after about 5 minutes she said they could offer a per night room credit. Nothing crazy but it was a decent enough gesture so I accepted. But if you think about it all cash guests are paying the same amount (I assume) and not all of them are staying in Aortearoa facing construction. I didn't purchase the room paying less for a construction view. The room credit should probably be built in as it's not the same as buying "partial view" seats at a concert where you know going into it you're paying less for something less. Construction noise was real too. The CMs seemed to be exhausted by the construction as well because most of them referenced how they can't wait till it's completed.

I did! Maybe too nicely because they wanted to upcharge me. And these rooms already cost me enough. I politely declined but didn't exactly walk away defeated. I just kinda stood around while the front desk was on the phone with a manager. Finally after about 5 minutes she said they could offer a per night room credit. Nothing crazy but it was a decent enough gesture so I accepted. But if you think about it all cash guests are paying the same amount (I assume) and not all of them are staying in Aortearoa facing construction. I didn't purchase the room paying less for a construction view. The room credit should probably be built in as it's not the same as buying "partial view" seats at a concert where you know going into it you're paying less for something less. Construction noise was real too. The CMs seemed to be exhausted by the construction as well because most of them referenced how they can't wait till it's completed.
Unfortunately that's just the risk you run booking standard (or I guess "Resort View") right now on the cash side. Everyone who does their homework ahead of time is requesting to be on the other side of the resort. Generally from experience they try to work with you if you don't like your room, but if they're as booked solid as Poly usually is they probably didn't have another standard room available elsewhere.

I think it stinks that they're still charging the same prices and putting people in those rooms, but people keep booking them. Someone has to lose out, sadly. Personally it's why we originally booked DVC and then when they were excluded from discounts we switched to pool/marina. It was only slightly more in the scheme of things and worth the peace of mind that we wouldn't end up looking at a pit.

Unfortunately that's just the risk you run booking standard (or I guess "Resort View") right now on the cash side. Everyone who does their homework ahead of time is requesting to be on the other side of the resort. Generally from experience they try to work with you if you don't like your room, but if they're as booked solid as Poly usually is they probably didn't have another standard room available elsewhere.

I think it stinks that they're still charging the same prices and putting people in those rooms, but people keep booking them. Someone has to lose out, sadly. Personally it's why we originally booked DVC and then when they were excluded from discounts we switched to pool/marina. It was only slightly more in the scheme of things and worth the peace of mind that we wouldn't end up looking at a pit.
I had booked this like half a year ago had no idea what was going to be by now lol! Also there was no requesting when I checked in through the app. I got to the desk agent and they sent me this way. I had no idea the layout of the resort much less the construction and which views are what. Again I gladly took a few bucks credit and it wasn't devastating but...would've been nice to have the full immersive experience. I know Disney never wants to offer money without being asked but I feel like since the construction is really kind of above and beyond a regular nuisance I'm surprised they don't offer any credit up front. It's really only that side of Aotearoa and whatever the adjacent building is on the one side.

Still love the resort so much this was just in response to why I didn't ask to switch rooms.

I had booked this like half a year ago had no idea what was going to be by now lol! Also there was no requesting when I checked in through the app. I got to the desk agent and they sent me this way. I had no idea the layout of the resort much less the construction and which views are what. Again I gladly took a few bucks credit and it wasn't devastating but...would've been nice to have the full immersive experience. I know Disney never wants to offer money without being asked but I feel like since the construction is really kind of above and beyond a regular nuisance I'm surprised they don't offer any credit up front. It's really only that side of Aotearoa and whatever the adjacent building is on the one side.

Still love the resort so much this was just in response to why I didn't ask to switch rooms.
I love your positive outlook about the whole experience.

I am doing a split stay at the end of august where I’m staying at AKL for two days, then at the Poly for six days. I had planned on getting to the Poly at 7 AM on check in day to ask the front desk if my request has been honored (king bed in Rarotonga). If not, I’d ask for a room in Rarotonga at the very least since I booked a resort view.

Does anyone know if I can stop at the poly two days prior to check in to see if they honored my request or do I need to wait until check in day?

I am doing a split stay at the end of august where I’m staying at AKL for two days, then at the Poly for six days. I had planned on getting to the Poly at 7 AM on check in day to ask the front desk if my request has been honored (king bed in Rarotonga). If not, I’d ask for a room in Rarotonga at the very least since I booked a resort view.

Does anyone know if I can stop at the poly two days prior to check in to see if they honored my request or do I need to wait until check in day?
I'm not sure. I've never checked before check in

Sorry if I've missed an update in the last few pages, but could someone confirm what time the lava pool currently opens? The hours posted in post six indicates 10 but also says updated in March. Not sure if it's changed for the summer months so hoping someone who has been in the last few weeks can confirm current time. Thank you

I think your 7am option on check in day sounds good.

They can see what inventory isn’t assigned and move you if needed after 6am.

I think there are kings in Samoa. Would you pay the difference to upgrade to pool view? Think about it before hand, like above poster when they ask you at the desk we kinda panic.

On a side note I thought construction was finished at BWI in May. When I saw we had an old room and paid same price as people with new rooms I went back to lobby and asked to be moved. He checked but none were available. However they did handle it differently . I was offered an older room but with water view vs the gv I booked. When he told me the room number I got excited. I previously had one of these 4 rooms that have a huge balcony compared to the rest of the resort. He was surprised I knew by room number but I memorize room numbers for my resort each trip/bring my custom maps with me lol. It pays off.
In the end we didn’t mind the ugly room because we sat on the balcony instead👍

I think your 7am option on check in day sounds good.

They can see what inventory isn’t assigned and move you if needed after 6am.

I think there are kings in Samoa. Would you pay the difference to upgrade to pool view? Think about it before hand, like above poster when they ask you at the desk we kinda panic.

On a side note I thought construction was finished at BWI in May. When I saw we had an old room and paid same price as people with new rooms I went back to lobby and asked to be moved. He checked but none were available. However they did handle it differently . I was offered an older room but with water view vs the gv I booked. When he told me the room number I got excited. I previously had one of these 4 rooms that have a huge balcony compared to the rest of the resort. He was surprised I knew by room number but I memorize room numbers for my resort each trip/bring my custom maps with me lol. It pays off.
In the end we didn’t mind the ugly room because we sat on the balcony instead👍
I wouldn’t mind paying to upgrade if it were a king. My main priority is a not having construction view, with second being a king bed. As much as I love kings, it’s not worth losing the entire resort immersion if I have to see a pile of dirt from my balcony. Thank you for your help

Is it true that if it is your first stay and you wear your lei they will give you a free Dole Whip at Pineapple Lanai on your first day?
So I wouldn't say it's automatic. I think cast members have the ability to give out so much pixie dust; it just depends if the right one sees you wearing your pin and wants to. I have seen it happen though and my son has gotten several things on his birthday.

I wouldn’t mind paying to upgrade if it were a king. My main priority is a not having construction view, with second being a king bed. As much as I love kings, it’s not worth losing the entire resort immersion if I have to see a pile of dirt from my balcony. Thank you for your help
I recommend stalking the site. If you can find a pool/water view it’s not much more price wise but nice to know no crappy view! Good luck and you are welcome. 👍

So I wouldn't say it's automatic. I think cast members have the ability to give out so much pixie dust; it just depends if the right one sees you wearing your pin and wants to. I have seen it happen though and my son has gotten several things on his birthday.
Ok. Thanks. I saw a video from a couple doing a tour of the resort and they made it seem like it is an automatic thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter