Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I don't mind the moana-fied nes but I feel like the plank herringbone flooring and plank tile in the showers is going to look super dated fast, and not in a cute retro way. And it feels more like.. beach vacation than tropical

Does anyone have an image of the current pricing for dry cleaning/pressing at the Poly? I’d love to have my husband and son not have to deal with our nice clothes for our Narcoossee’s anniversary dinner.

Does anyone have an image of the current pricing for dry cleaning/pressing at the Poly? I’d love to have my husband and son not have to deal with our nice clothes for our Narcoossee’s anniversary dinner.

FYI - That service hasn’t been brought back to the Disney resorts yet. It’s been unavailable since reopening.

Not yet. I think they are just starting the soft goods refurb. But if that report is accurate it will be Moana-fied soon.
Saw some pictures posted yesterday on a Poly Facebook group of a completed bungalow refurb. No sign of Moana or the tribal patterns they used on the hotel side. Instead they went with more tropical patterns and kept Lilo and Stitch in the art. Biggest change is the switch from a pull out sofa to a murphy bed sofa in the living room. Would be great if the murphy makes it way into the studios.

Last edited:
FYI - That service hasn’t been brought back to the Disney resorts yet. It’s been unavailable since reopening.

UGH! So good to know. It's funny but having our clothes pressed of the best things we do at Disney (and on DCL) and I'm sad that it's not available. I guess I'm going to rethink what to do about our anniversary dinner clothing. I really wanted to get dressed up but I'm not so sure I want to spend extra time pressing clothing that we'll wear just for dinner. Thanks for sharing.

UGH! So good to know. It's funny but having our clothes pressed of the best things we do at Disney (and on DCL) and I'm sad that it's not available. I guess I'm going to rethink what to do about our anniversary dinner clothing. I really wanted to get dressed up but I'm not so sure I want to spend extra time pressing clothing that we'll wear just for dinner. Thanks for sharing.
Just hang it outside from your deck. The Florida air will steam everything!

I couldn't help it, after the Epcot monorail opened, and now seeing Poly back open, I've moved my end of August solo trip stay to Poly! Sad there are no discounts, but I just couldn't help myself, how often do you get to stay in rooms that are recently redone (and in a style that you actually don't mind?). This is the only deluxe I haven't stayed at, so excited!!!

I couldn't help it, after the Epcot monorail opened, and now seeing Poly back open, I've moved my end of August solo trip stay to Poly! Sad there are no discounts, but I just couldn't help myself, how often do you get to stay in rooms that are recently redone (and in a style that you actually don't mind?). This is the only deluxe I haven't stayed at, so excited!!!

Once you stay at the POLY, you always stay at the poly ( for at least one part of your trip :] )

I have to say with all of the reopening chatter and buzz, I finally feel like I can start to get excited about our Thanksgiving trip! I have been cautiously thinking about it with all thats going on, but with each passing day I am becoming more and more confident. I can picture a frozen drink in my hand on the Tiki Terrace with some ukulele music playing...ahhhh.

Can anyone confirm that the Standard view category does in fact have a King Bed and Daybed configuration option? I notice that's the only category that does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter