Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We rented a DVC deluxe studio (standard view) for June. Do all of those buildings have either a patio/balcony (that's the impression I'm getting)...

We rented through dvc-rental and all I requested was preferably no construction (I know now we will not be near construction). Wondering if I should email back with an updated request (I also mentioned it was our honeymoon) or if it would be better to put in a TP request now that the reservation is linked to me/MDE? I would prefer any view other than the parking lot (lol) and to be near the ceremonial house we we plan to do a lot at the resort.

We rented a DVC deluxe studio (standard view) for June. Do all of those buildings have either a patio/balcony (that's the impression I'm getting)...

We rented through dvc-rental and all I requested was preferably no construction (I know now we will not be near construction). Wondering if I should email back with an updated request (I also mentioned it was our honeymoon) or if it would be better to put in a TP request now that the reservation is linked to me/MDE? I would prefer any view other than the parking lot (lol) and to be near the ceremonial house we we plan to do a lot at the resort.
I feel like the best thing is to put your requests in through MDE. I would recommend requesting a building rather than a specific room. The broader the request, the more likely you’ll get it. But if you don’t get it, go to the front desk upon check-in and ask them nicely if they have room available on x floor or x building. I’ve almost always gotten close or exactly what I wanted. Pago Pago is the only DVC building that would have views of a parking lot so I’d request Moorea or Tokelau (my favorite). Have fun and congratulations!

Tokelau is always our request for Poly studio. It’s super central.

The DVC longhouses are not really close to the GCH. They aren’t terribly far away - but the longhouses closest are not DVC. Tokelau is the closest but is also the most requested. Pago Pago does have parking lot views but is so close to the TTC that I don’t mind it at all. Moorea has the Theme Park views (one one side) but that is a bookable category (Lake View). Moorea also has the ferry boat horns which really bothers some people. If you didn’t book Lake View your chance of a Theme Park view is relatively small. There are a few Tokelau rooms where you can see the castle - IF you lean out from your balcony (I am being a tiny bit sarcastic). All in all, there is not really a DVC Longhouse that I don’t like. Each has their pluses and minuses.

Last edited:
Looking to book a room for this summer.
Will resort view/water view still be facing the construction zone or will the tower be up by then? How about water view? Any insight? Thanks!

Looking to book a room for this summer.
Will resort view/water view still be facing the construction zone or will the tower be up by then? How about water view? Any insight? Thanks!
Tower is up but still under construction, though not as crazy as at the beginning of the construction. So a resort view could be a dirt pit/construction view, it's all in the luck of the draw. Water view will be a better chance of not seeing the construction. If available, book a studio villa (DVC room for cash), you won't have to worry about a construction view as they are on the opposite side of the resort.

Tower is up but still under construction, though not as crazy as at the beginning of the construction. So a resort view could be a dirt pit/construction view, it's all in the luck of the draw. Water view will be a better chance of not seeing the construction. If available, book a studio villa (DVC room for cash), you won't have to worry about a construction view as they are on the opposite side of the resort.
Thank you, with the new discount, that might be a better option for us.

Thank you, with the new discount, that might be a better option for us.
You may want to check here on the DVC rental forum or at one of the rental services to see if point rental might be an option for you. Not sure what availability is like for a studio on points is right now. Could be a more affordable option, even with Disney offering discounts.

Man the emotions are really starting to get me. 27 days until check in and I'm watching some Poly videos and sitting here crying lol. I can't believe I will actually be staying there. I have been going to Disney for over 40 years and this is my first stay there. I have been there before to just check it out and also to do the Luau but that is it. I am looking forward to the feeling I will get when I step off the Mears bus and walk through the lobby doors and get my lei.

Man the emotions are really starting to get me. 27 days until check in and I'm watching some Poly videos and sitting here crying lol. I can't believe I will actually be staying there. I have been going to Disney for over 40 years and this is my first stay there. I have been there before to just check it out and also to do the Luau but that is it. I am looking forward to the feeling I will get when I step off the Mears bus and walk through the lobby doors and get my lei.
Have a great trip! It is the only Disney resort I have never stayed at, we will be there for a split stay in September (5N Poly and 5N WL). Really looking forward to it. I hope it's all you want it to be, we will want to hear how it goes! If you watch YouTube, check out 4K WDW. There are some great walk around videos of the Polynesian, the vlogger doesn't talk, it's just him/her (not sure) walking the property. One of my favorites!

Have the best time ever! Poly is straight up awesome :D

Have the best time ever! Poly is straight up awesome :D
Thank you!
Have a great trip! It is the only Disney resort I have never stayed at, we will be there for a split stay in September (5N Poly and 5N WL). Really looking forward to it. I hope it's all you want it to be, we will want to hear how it goes! If you watch YouTube, check out 4K WDW. There are some great walk around videos of the Polynesian, the vlogger doesn't talk, it's just him/her (not sure) walking the property. One of my favorites!
Yes I love their videos!

Construction Begins on Pool & Water Activity Area with Possible Moana Theming for DVC Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Here’s a closer look at the work taking place for the pool, which might be a zero-entry-style pool when it’s all said and done.

In a separate permit concerned with drainage to create the pool area, we can see what appears to be a stingray in the “proposed water activity pool” as labeled above. Of course, with Moana taking hold as the theme for the resort, it’s easy to see how this stingray could play into that theme. Perhaps the entire pool area will be themed to Moana, but we’ll have to wait and see what Disney ends up doing. It also looks like guests can expect to have a hot tub as well. The two permits also illustrate different things, so it’s possible that the discrepancies can be explained that way as well.

Will poly guest services store our luggage for us on checkout day after we checkout if we want to swim/go to Disney springs before we go to the airport? Thank you 😊

Will poly guest services store our luggage for us on checkout day after we checkout if we want to swim/go to Disney springs before we go to the airport? Thank you 😊
Yeppers!

You can drop yourself outside to the station or request they come and pick them up. I don’t like waiting so I drop mine but it’s nice there are options. If you know time in advance you can call day prior .

Thank you!
It can be hard to find but there are showers at the main pool. The bathrooms are tucked under the rock mountain thing and the showers are there. The quiet pool doesnt have showers but the bathrooms generally quieter than the main pool.

Both pools have a nice menu if needed.
We have done that going home days many times or you can mobile order from Cap Cooks or Kona to-go.

You didn't ask but I had time and thought about my going home days. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter