Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I have the opportunity to move from CBR to Polynesian for the last two nights of our trip. We are going to MK on our last day so it would work best. With that said, they want $760 a night for a studio that sleeps 5. Is the $400 more to upgrade worth it?

Thank you.

Are you saying $400 more per night?! Absolutely not, IMO. I've stayed in those studios many many times and while they are nice, they are not worth anywhere near $760/night! As a DVC member, we pay ~$10 per point (initial buy in and MF dues) and the average room costs 25 ish points depending upon day of the week, time of year, etc. So in essence the average member is paying ~$250/night, so to ask $760, is insane!

Yeah I love the Poly but that is highway robbery IMO.
Perhaps you can rent points and pay somewhere in the middle for those nights.

Are you saying $400 more per night?! Absolutely not, IMO. I've stayed in those studios many many times and while they are nice, they are not worth anywhere near $760/night! As a DVC member, we pay ~$10 per point (initial buy in and MF dues) and the average room costs 25 ish points depending upon day of the week, time of year, etc. So in essence the average member is paying ~$250/night, so to ask $760, is insane!

Yes, $400 MORE per night. $760 a night. That is the going price for a room there. Thank you.

Is Trader Sam's Grotto still sign up only when they open? I know it can change but really want to spend our 1 yr anniversary there (2 nights we have an option for it) if we go at 5 and add our name, how long when they call do we have to return? 1 night we plan to do monorail resort hopping the other we will be in Epcot. TIA

Yes, $400 MORE per night. $760 a night. That is the going price for a room there. Thank you.

I understand that's rack rate but WDW rarely sells rooms at rack rate (post covid is the exception). I mean the last time that the poly was having this much contruction done to it they were selling rooms through a certain agency for $200/night and that was only 7ish years ago. I think only you can decide if $400 more is "worth it". CBR is centrally located so it doesn't take that long to get anywhere by bus or you could just call an uber/lyft/taxi and have them drop you off at the CR if you didn't want to wait for the bus to go around the CBR loop and save about $375 per night. CBR has a really nice pool and essentially the same theming (tropical). What you are gaining is a slightly larger room (mainly the closet area that is larger) along with an extra sink and shower and a balcony. Still separate buildings so if it's raining, you'll be walking in the rain but the buildings do have interior corridors. Along with a boat ride to the MK, which may or maybe not only be slightly shorter than having an uber drive you to MK from CBR.

Is Trader Sam's Grotto still sign up only when they open? I know it can change but really want to spend our 1 yr anniversary there (2 nights we have an option for it) if we go at 5 and add our name, how long when they call do we have to return? 1 night we plan to do monorail resort hopping the other we will be in Epcot. TIA
You don't have to sign up right at 3 when they open. If you go around 5 (or evening in general) reports have been a wait of anywhere from 45 minutes to a couple hours. Just depends on the day.

I understand that's rack rate but WDW rarely sells rooms at rack rate (post covid is the exception). I mean the last time that the poly was having this much contruction done to it they were selling rooms through a certain agency for $200/night and that was only 7ish years ago. I think only you can decide if $400 more is "worth it". CBR is centrally located so it doesn't take that long to get anywhere by bus or you could just call an uber/lyft/taxi and have them drop you off at the CR if you didn't want to wait for the bus to go around the CBR loop and save about $375 per night. CBR has a really nice pool and essentially the same theming (tropical). What you are gaining is a slightly larger room (mainly the closet area that is larger) along with an extra sink and shower and a balcony. Still separate buildings so if it's raining, you'll be walking in the rain but the buildings do have interior corridors. Along with a boat ride to the MK, which may or maybe not only be slightly shorter than having an uber drive you to MK from CBR.

Thank you. Yeah, Poly is a lot of money right now. I think we will pass and stick with CBR. We stayed at Four Season last trip there and Caribe Royale before that. Stayed Pop Century years ago for a night. Will give CBR a chance. Doing it for the kids. lol Thanks again.

Last Saturday (August 14) we showed up at 2:30 (a half hour before opening) to a line of maybe 20 people. We were told to show up at 3pm & we we're called a few minutes after opening (the opening was slightly delayed). When we were leaving, the hostess was telling people it was a 3 hour wait.

Just booked our Polynesian wedding for the first week of March 2022 at Luau Pointe!!! I was considering just eloping... but why not seal the deal at the best place on earth! I was also told that we can have a brunch buffet before the ceremony inside Trader Sam's as long as it ends by 2:00. I am seriously considering it, but am sure our guests will think we have lost our dang tiki minds princess: So, if anyone is around in March I will be the bride toting a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum instead of a bouquet.

Congrats!!! That’s my dream location tbh, I went on the site pricing it out not too long ago. We’re seriously considering it whenever we do pull the trigger.

Are we losing hope for the monorail station to be opening anytime soon? I know we all got emails not to expect it to be open during our upcoming trips…but then there was that announcement about bus transportation ending soon. Any updates on progress?

I was just there and it looked like it was 6 months from being finished, but I suspect they will get it finished much sooner. The main structure is done, but no finishing has happened yet, and they may be adding an elevator (or stairs?) that are not in place yet.

Thank you. Yeah, Poly is a lot of money right now. I think we will pass and stick with CBR. We stayed at Four Season last trip there and Caribe Royale before that. Stayed Pop Century years ago for a night. Will give CBR a chance. Doing it for the kids. lol Thanks again.
I often split stays between CBR and Poly (or YC or both). CBR and Poly are both great resorts. Both have a very laid back vibe and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay at either!

Not sure when your trip is- but we are staying at Poly 9/6-9/12 and plan to go to Trader Sam's every day. I would be happy to report back! :earsgirl:

I was just there and it looked like it was 6 months from being finished, but I suspect they will get it finished much sooner. The main structure is done, but no finishing has happened yet, and they may be adding an elevator (or stairs?) that are not in place yet.

Really hoping they push hard and can get it open in time for the 50th.

Does anyone know if the sea raycers are available to rent yet? We're headed to the Poly next month.
Not yet, as others have posted, but the patrol boats are docked in the Poly marina so maybe something will
happen soon? Disney did report the larger pontoon boats will be available to rent soonish.

Looking to put in my room request soon... any Rarotonga updates? Was hoping for that building as we have booked standard view (hotel) and would like to be close to TTC. Is Rarotonga open yet?
Rarotonga is still closed but guests have reported being placed in the garden side of the HI longhouse since CL is not back yet and that would be a nice score!🌺

What is the best room category to book for a "quiet" area of the resort? I've heard stories of the boat horns going off all hours of the night, so the lagoon view would probably be bad for my anxiety.

I'm thinking Standard View, but any buildings in particular that have less foot traffic? Does the Standard View have top floor rooms available?

Thanks, all.
We were in a Lagoon View room in HI last week and the little toot from boat was delightful. We couldn’t really hear it with the patio door closed at night. Remember, the boats stop running 1 hour after close and with MK closing at 9 on most nights, you shouldn’t hear a toot (from the boat 😉) much past 10:00.

Checking in on 8/29. Reading about limited room service during stays.

If I left my trash in the hall way when it gets full on a daily basis I'm assuming they'll have no choice but to take it. We'll be packing extra trash bags.

Also, changing linens. If I were to strip the sheets off the bed midweek and toss them in the hallway I assume they would have no choice but to change them.

I'd leave a generous tip of course...
It sounds like it’s a stretch, but you could walk a few steps and place your big bag of trash in the trash can.🤦🏼‍♀️
And leaving bed linens in the hallway? I’ll bet you a Dole Whip if you call housekeeping from your in room phone they will come and take your trash AND the bed linens. This is the Poly after all.
Btw, as you exit the pool, remember to take your wet towels and place them in the clearly marked used towel bin located at the pool exit.
Have a Magical day!!!🥰🌺😘😘

Last edited:
I'm paying rack rate on the hotel side for several hundred less than that a night, I know there are no discounts at Poly right now but I wouldn't touch that price no matter how badly you want to be near MK. The only time I've paid near (or over) that price was for an AMAZING club level room that had been DEEPLY/accidentaly discounted (and got club level services....which you won't be getting) or for a multi room villa, I wouldn't pay that for a studio though.

So what's the latest on the monorail station? Are buses still running from the Poly to Epcot? (This was supposed to stop mid-Aug)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter