Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Showgal any chance you can help us out?

Us and 3 other families are checking in on Sunday and are booked in Lake View Studios. We haven’t received an email or seen any changes in our MDE that indicate we’re going to be moved.

Next time you’re in the lobby could you ask the front desk if Moorea will be open by Sunday? I tried calling but couldn’t get any info.

I’ll Venmo you $$ for a Lapu Lapu on us 😃🌴

haha…. Sure I’ll ask tomorrow!

No compensation needed. Lol. It’s been a hot mess here though. Our keys and magic bands were all messed up. Had To go back and forth to the lobby like 4 times. I think they’re overwhelmed.

Quick question - I noticed in your picture of the trash can that it looks like you only had a shower in your room. We had a shower/tub combo in our room. Do you know if most rooms are only showers, shower/tub combos, or is it a good mixture of both?

I don’t care either way, but I ask because friends of ours are traveling with little kids and they would prefer a tub for bathing their children and I just assumed all rooms had a shower/tub combo.

Thank you!

Hmm, I'm not sure, and that's one of the things I've been wondering if we (the collective thread) knew yet? I guess there are some of both?

Frankly I found the renovated shower to be a little on the small/tight side, and was wondering if there were some with tubs just how they pulled that off as there just isn't much room.

Have a slightly related question to the shower tub thing; anyone who has stayed in a dvc studio that is handicap accessible know if the shower is still the kind that comes from the ceiling? We have one booked, switched out of all but 1 day that I’m still trying to get a regular room for. As a tall person I really appreciate that shower as I don’t need to duck under it to use it :rotfl2:

Hmm, I'm not sure, and that's one of the things I've been wondering if we (the collective thread) knew yet? I guess there are some of both?

Frankly I found the renovated shower to be a little on the small/tight side, and was wondering if there were some with tubs just how they pulled that off as there just isn't much room.

I think we'll have to crowdsource reports of which rooms have showers and which are tub/shower combos. Cleaning the young'uns is slightly easier in a tub.

Some other quick observations…

- Looked like Tokelau and Moorea (DVC longhouses) were fully closed for refurb (I think that has already been reported)
Interesting. I have a Lake-view studio booked starting on the 27th and haven't heard from Member Services about changing rooms. This is my first stay at the Polynesian in probably 15 years and my first as a DVC owner. If Moorea isn't open where do you think they'd put me?

Interesting. I have a Lake-view studio booked starting on the 27th and haven't heard from Member Services about changing rooms. This is my first stay at the Polynesian in probably 15 years and my first as a DVC owner. If Moorea isn't open where do you think they'd put me?
If they put you in Hawaii that would have a similar view and nice location. Check a map if needed. You lose the extra bath area but the new rooms look really nice.

@Allst4rm3

Sorry- front entrance is opening Friday.

At the front desk- he had to go back and check but came back and said that Moorea may be open by Sunday. That’s probably why you haven’t been told you’re being moved. If you are moved it will be to a lagoon view or theme park view. But of course- everything is “fluid.”

Hope this helps!

I think we'll have to crowdsource reports of which rooms have showers and which are tub/shower combos. Cleaning the young'uns is slightly easier in a tub.

Front desk CM told me some hotel side rooms do have tubs- it just has to be requested. He didn’t know how many though, and I had just interviewed them about a bunch of other stuff- so didn’t ask him to do recon 😂 Hope this helps!

@Allst4rm3

Sorry- front entrance is opening Friday.

At the front desk- he had to go back and check but came back and said that Moorea may be open by Sunday. That’s probably why you haven’t been told you’re being moved. If you are moved it will be to a lagoon view or theme park view. But of course- everything is “fluid.”

Hope this helps!
Yes, thank you so much! I feel like this is the most reliable answer I’ve gotten. 🙂

Yes, thank you so much! I feel like this is the most reliable answer I’ve gotten. 🙂

I legit told him I had “family friends” checking in on Sunday who were wondering if they should bring microwaveable and toaster foods for their lake view studio. Lol. He was like- “oh that’s important. Let me go make a call!” 😂 the Disney gods will forgive my white lie.

Re: the showers/tubs, we just stayed in Samoa, in the most amazing room on the third floor facing the lava pool, and we had a shower only.

I dream about this balcony daily now…I am now spoiled for all future stays.

Attachments

• 41BB088E-57BA-4F91-8394-1FC6A3C11057.jpeg
    41BB088E-57BA-4F91-8394-1FC6A3C11057.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 110
I legit told him I had “family friends” checking in on Sunday who were wondering if they should bring microwaveable and toaster foods for their lake view studio. Lol. He was like- “oh that’s important. Let me go make a call!” 😂 the Disney gods will forgive my white lie.
🤣🤣🤣 That’s great! There’s nothing wrong with hamming it up a little lol. I passed the info on to two women in a Poly Facebook group that are in the same situation as us. We all appreciated it!

Re: the showers/tubs, we just stayed in Samoa, in the most amazing room on the third floor facing the lava pool, and we had a shower only.

I dream about this balcony daily now…I am now spoiled for all future stays.
Same! I just got back and had the same view. You didn't even need to be on the balcony - the view was visible from BED. I prefer it now to theme park view and honestly don't know how I'd handle not having it on future visits.

Same! I just got back and had the same view. You didn't even need to be on the balcony - the view was visible from BED. I prefer it now to theme park view and honestly don't know how I'd handle not having it on future visits.

We were 3605, how about you? It would be crazy if you were the ones that got our room after we checked out on Saturday, 8/28!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter