Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

...breakfast at O'Hana's...

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi50RfT7Z3tfEy4R5WTaCAcUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJh6f--e6gRNuCzJfN9-gonSldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjwASEF_23hA-LJ6H7Z6ne4ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow
Is that bacon I see??

Making my room requests now for a DVC studio for next month and I'm wondering about 1st floor rooms on the pool side of Tokelau.

We are prioritizing a first floor room, but we're wondering what the rooms on the pool side of Tokelau are loud and sort of exposed to lots of people walking by, or if they retain the relative privacy of rooms in non-pool areas.

Making my room requests now for a DVC studio for next month and I'm wondering about 1st floor rooms on the pool side of Tokelau.

We are prioritizing a first floor room, but we're wondering what the rooms on the pool side of Tokelau are loud and sort of exposed to lots of people walking by, or if they retain the relative privacy of rooms in non-pool areas.
I stayed in one of these rooms last trip. Tokelau 1st floor facing the pool. There was a lot of foot traffic and it is across from the smoking area (circled in blue). Definitely not very private but we loved it so much we have requested the same location for our stay in January. 2DC2CA00-63FA-4674-9A4F-71B9039DF36A.jpeg9FC797A6-0891-46C5-9F53-D22F0E7E4DCA.jpeg
This is a view from our room. Not much foliage for privacy.

Moorea Reopens from Refurbishment

According to reports from multiple guests staying on-site, the Polynesian's Moorea building has reopened and is once again hosting Disney Vacation Club members. This is the second DVC building to reopen, joining Pago Pago. Work began at the end of July with Pago Pago requiring about 4-5 weeks to renovate. Moorea reopened just 2 weeks later.

The Tokelau building remains closed as crews work to wrap-up modifications on the final DVC villas. The project seems on course to meet its original completion goal of October 1, 2021.

Moorea Reopens from Refurbishment

According to reports from multiple guests staying on-site, the Polynesian's Moorea building has reopened and is once again hosting Disney Vacation Club members. This is the second DVC building to reopen, joining Pago Pago. Work began at the end of July with Pago Pago requiring about 4-5 weeks to renovate. Moorea reopened just 2 weeks later.

The Tokelau building remains closed as crews work to wrap-up modifications on the final DVC villas. The project seems on course to meet its original completion goal of October 1, 2021.
Oh, I’ve been so out of the loop! So we arrive next week through 9/30. So likely Tokelau will be closed? I guess DVC is automatically in Moorea then? Is Moorea fully renovated?

Ugh, looks like a cheap, low budget flip. Not a fan. The only improvement seems to be the pull down bed and hopefully, brand new mattresses.
This was a soft-goods refurb, so it was supposed to be relatively low-budget. Unlike on the hotel side, the cost of this refurb is paid for by our dues, and budgeted years in advance. It’s not like on the hotel side where Disney profits from cheaping out: this budget and scope was always the plan.

We’ll see a bigger overhaul when they do another hard goods refurb in 7 years or so.

It looks terrible, honestly. Shouldn’t have bothered. Waste of $

So Tokelau closed though Oct 1? All DVC put in Moore’s then or is there another building option for DVC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter