• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

It’s the facial tissue for us. I always buy a box or two of Kleenex with my grocery order. The tissue in the room is really scratchy. My daughter has lots of allergies and needs to blow her nose multiple times a day. If I don’t have soft tissues for her, her nose starts to chafe.

I'm pretty sure it's to keep the pipes clear as they are aging at most deluxe resorts. We're the reverse of the previous poster. I had to explain to my DH why bringing his beloved Charmin was not a good plan. Haha.

Then they should install washlets or bidets or replace the plumbing. The parks have even worse stuff and it's in all the bathrooms, not just the older ones. I realize it's a petty first world problem but as I get older I find myself missing the 'comforts of home' when I travel. :rotfl:

Your husband has to “allow” you to purchase toilet paper?!?

Oh please :crazy:. . .we have been married for 40 years and while it was my choice of words--"allow" was a poor one.

Does it make you feel better if I say that he refuses to purchase TP since he feels strongly this is something that should be provided (and it is--if they remember to replenish it). Further, he hates the current brand as well and also remembers the softer version (Northern?) prior to the Scott contractual obligation. He prefers to buck it up and use what is provided. I, on the other hand, would willingly bring my own since I am more "sensitive".

I think you may have overthought my choice of words--I assure you, my husband denies me nothing and IF I wanted to put the TP in the cart, he would not object and hold a grudge--but why? Compromise is how one is married for 40 years and TP isn't all that important in the whole scheme of things--at least for 16-20 days a year.

Maybe the softer version is more of an issue in the pipes (although I thought it was tissue of various colors used so much in the 70s and 80s that created the vast majority of problems)--but it didn't stop Disney from using it for many, many, many years. When all of the cost cutting began to occur--Northern was nixed and the el cheapo Scott was introduced. I believe it was more about $$$ than saving the pipes/plumbing.

I just don't get why some people on these boards tend to nitpick every cotton pickin' statement or overthink a statement. It is TP for crying out loud. :confused3

I own DVC at the Poly but I'd love to hear what people have thought of the new Moana rooms. Are they as good as they look?

[QUOTE="Tess, post: 63388531, member: 21

I just don't get why some people on these boards tend to nitpick every cotton pickin' statement or overthink a statement. It is TP for crying out loud. :confused3
[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. And your response was a hell of a lot nicer than mine would have been.

Random question out there... my wife and I are trying to take more "resort days"/non-park days this trip. Does anyone have any favorite shaded reading spots?

We'd love to get a drink, and relax in the shade outside somewhere to read. Hoping there may be some nice spots besides jut on the deck in our room.

As we're both as pale as a sheet of paper, we unfortunately can't relax on the beach chairs if there isn't a shaded one! ha :rotfl2:

I have always stayed on the ground floor. Are the (Non DVC) balconies on the 3rd floor and 2nd floor have none?

Also, I see guests are being assigned to Hawaii (no club ATM). I am wondering if I can request the garden view in Hawaii or is it a waste of the request (using the other TP not the one being debated :))

I have always stayed on the ground floor. Are the (Non DVC) balconies on the 3rd floor and 2nd floor have none?
Correct all the original long houses including Hawaii have no balcony on the 2nd floor. Just a sliding door with a railing and a balcony on the 3rd floor.

Depending on what you have booked you can request a Garden view in the Hawaii but the question is when is your trip?

What is your current reservation? Resort or DVC.

Dave

Then you are doubtful to be placed in the Hawaii building as a default as it is being used as overflow for the DVC soft remodels until CL returns. But it does have Garden view rooms on all 3 floors so it is "possible". Patios on 1st floor and balconies on the 3rd floor.

It is located in the Quad section near the Oasis pool. It can't hurt to request via TouringPlans "email' service aka the old Fax service which has been modernized.

Dave

It is located in the Quad section near the Oasis pool. It can't hurt to request via TouringPlans "email' service aka the old Fax service which has been modernized.

Great information about the overflow. Yes, we've stayed there a few times when the club was open and yes, I am using TP. Thank you so very much.

Anyone at the resort now or recently? Looking for the hours on the activities, pools, etc. we arrive on Wednesday :)

Thank you so much! Weird aren’t the pool hours usually listed on those signs too? Am I completely missing it? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter