Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at the Poly in March but have dinner reservations one night at Boma - it’s my husbands birthday and he’s a big foodie so this seemed to be a good fit. What is the best was to get to AKL from the Poly? I was thinking Uber but I’ve priced it out a couple of times recently and the price for the size we need at that time of day is around $50 each way! Is there a decent way using Disney transportation? And how long should we allow?

Define “decent”? Unfortunately Disney doesn’t make resort to resort transportation all that easy in certain circumstances, especially land locked resorts like AKL.

Your only options will be going to a park or Disney Springs and transferring to a bus to AKL.

So from Poly, one option would be to monorail or boat to MK, then bus to AKL.

You’d need to do the same in reverse on the return side too.

Just be mindful of park hours when embarking on a park bus station transfer journey - that’s one reason MK or Disney Springs is often used in such scenarios as they tend to have the latest hours.

I know you don’t want to spend the money, but if this were me… for a birthday dinner and a nice dinner ADR/evening out/not wanting to stress too much about making your ADR on time, I’d go with the rideshare option - it will be much more convenient. Or rideshare one leg and bus transfer the other.

Hope that helps - god luck, and enjoy your trip!

Welcome to the DIS!

As a prior poster noted, Poly has been a tough ticket since the renovation. Well, it was tough before, but seems even more-so these days. “Why can’t I find anything available” posts have been pretty common at Poly and frankly many resorts since reopening. Whether it’s truly raging demand or Disney’s booking algorithms, who really knows.

As for the Club Level rooms, there are very few suites so it’s not unusual for those rooms to show no availability. Theme Park View, Lagoon View, and Garden View Club Level rooms ‘should’ be better, but not always.

Mind if I ask what approximate dates you’re searching? Just curious.

If you’re not already, when searching Disney’s website make sure you’re using the private browser feature on your browser, such a Chrome Incognito, etc. When I don’t use it sometimes old pages get hung up in the display results for me.

And also just double check you don’t have any special offers checked on the search page.

But keep checking - even to the point of total frustration. Things do change all the time, especially closer to the dates in question.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated! I have been to Disney World a few times in my life (mostly as a kid) but never stayed on-site before, the # of choices/options is daunting. I took your advice and started changing dates around and checking constantly and was able to find some availabilities. I am looking to take the family down mid June. The posts in these forums have been indispensable for a rookie like myself lol

We are staying at the Poly in March but have dinner reservations one night at Boma - it’s my husbands birthday and he’s a big foodie so this seemed to be a good fit. What is the best was to get to AKL from the Poly? I was thinking Uber but I’ve priced it out a couple of times recently and the price for the size we need at that time of day is around $50 each way! Is there a decent way using Disney transportation? And how long should we allow?

We have a couple resort dinners planned, and we're planning on taking the monorail to the MK buses and grabbing a resort bus from there. If we're pressed for time, we'll call a Mears cab to get there (we have a car seat kiddo), and then take the MK bus back.

Does the gift shop sell a case of water? I’ve seen them sold in the past at other resorts, but wanted to check on the Poly since we arrive in 2 weeks :)

Just on a general note (i plan on going in mid June) would the pricing for Polynesian Theme park Club Level rooms be in the vicinity of $1100 a night? And if anyone has any experience, would Animal Kingdom Savannah view club rooms be in $800 range? Thanks in advance guys

Hello!

I wanted to see if anyone knows if all the lobby and exterior grounds construction and room refurbishments are done at the Poly at this time? I'm just wondering if some small remaining things are still being worked on.
Thank you!

Hello!

I wanted to see if anyone knows if all the lobby and exterior grounds construction and room refurbishments are done at the Poly at this time? I'm just wondering if some small remaining things are still being worked on.
Thank you!

While projects can pop up at any time, I don't think I'm aware of anything in particular at the moment, unless I'm missing something.

Just on a general note (i plan on going in mid June) would the pricing for Polynesian Theme park Club Level rooms be in the vicinity of $1100 a night? And if anyone has any experience, would Animal Kingdom Savannah view club rooms be in $800 range? Thanks in advance guys

Here are Poly CL TPV pre-tax rack rates for June:

Vs AKL CL pre-tax rack rates:

FWIW, these are somewhat bookends in terms of the range of CL prices... with something like Poly CL TPV being at the upper end of CL prices, whereas AKL CL is typically the lowest/on the lower end of CL options.

Hope that helps!
Hope that helps!

Does the gift shop sell a case of water? I’ve seen them sold in the past at other resorts, but wanted to check on the Poly since we arrive in 2 weeks :)

They typically have 8-packs of 12 oz bottles of Dasani at Moana Mercantile. I can't recall the current price off the top of my head, but it's always been somewhat reasonable for a resort gift shop. And by reasonable I mean not cheap, but not price gouge level. Don't forget AP/DVC discounts if applicable.

Hope that helps!

Has anyone rented the lava pool one poolside patio? It’s just a table w chairs but was wondering if people had thoughts.

I was curious about the construction as well - it must be finished by now, but I don't see any articles on it beyond the entry being *almost* finished from like Sept 2021.

But I really only wanted to look at more pictures of the poly while I impatiently wait for our trip :D

Has anyone rented the lava pool one poolside patio? It’s just a table w chairs but was wondering if people had thoughts.

Also interested in this info! ;) Have an upcoming August stay and only have ever reserved the oasis pool patio, but love the idea of the lava pool patio to see the kids on slide. How is the shade situation? Any thoughts appreciated.

We are planning to stay in a Deluxe Studio. I see many people say they prefer the ground floor to have the extra space outside their door. However, are the 1st floor rooms noisy due to people being above you? My whole family has a hard time sleeping in hotels where you can hear feed pounding late into the night and/or early morning! Can anyone tell me their preference for 1st vs. 3rd floor at the Poly?

We stayed in the 1st floor in Rarotonga a few years ago (2018?) and it was pretty quiet. Not sure if we just had quiet folks around us or what. But we also lived in NYC apartments for years so we're a bit used to the noise of other folks around us.

We rented one last fall. It was nice. I think the price depends on the time of year, but for us it was just about $60. It's just a roof, a couple chairs, a sofa type thing and a table, but it was a nice place to get out of the sun and have more comfortable furniture.

We rented one last fall. It was nice. I think the price depends on the time of year, but for us it was just about $60. It's just a roof, a couple chairs, a sofa type thing and a table, but it was a nice place to get out of the sun and have more comfortable furniture.
Was this the Oasis Pool or the one spot at the Lava pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter