Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I don’t hate it! That being said I’ll likely keep my 6 night reservation for a Moana room in January 2025. This will be my first time visit and I’m so in love with what I see in the pictures.

I wonder how the new tower will likely affect the standard rolling discounts for the Poly, negative or positive. I know it’s rare the discounts ever go above 15% unlike other Deluxe resorts, but fingers crossed’.

I don’t hate it! That being said I’ll likely keep my 6 night reservation for a Moana room in January 2025. This will be my first time visit and I’m so in love with what I see in the pictures.

I wonder how the new tower will likely affect the standard rolling discounts for the Poly, negative or positive. I know it’s rare the discounts ever go above 15% unlike other Deluxe resorts, but fingers crossed’.
I don't think it will affect discounts on standard cash resort rooms. PVB's conversion of half the cash longhouses cut the high discounts on those rooms since there are now less in inventory. Same with Wilderness Lodge cash rooms after the CCV DVC conversion. Grand Floridian still has a decent amount of cash inventory highly discounted which is why some think another outer building could be converted to DVC.

I bet the "two-bedroom penthouse villa" of the Island Tower is excluded from all discounts like expensive DVC options such as grand villas, bungalows, and cabins. The duo studios through regular two-bedroom villas will probably be heavily discounted in the early stages (like RIV) to sell the cash inventory. Once all the units are all declared into the PVB condo association and points are sold I bet the discounts mostly dry up and only select rooms are available due to breakage at a moderate discount.

I don’t own DVC and have no vested interest in the topic other than as a Poly hotel fan and guest (since DVCs involvement has continually changed the Poly hotel guest experience at the resort), but I’m irrationally annoyed at the name. Would Luau Cove Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows been that difficult? A subtle nod to several decades of history on the site. Seven Seas Tower? (I know the real Seven Seas wouldn’t make sense in the Polynesian context but it would complement the Bay Lake Tower nomenclature).

I know a silly thing to even spend time thinking about. Just strikes me as very plain.

I think the new tower looks beautiful and modern. I just don't like the location. It looks silly surrounded by the GF and original Poly buildings. And as others have pointed out, it has the potential to add even MORE congestion to an already crowded Poly resort and it will strain the existing transportation options. I imagine new dining venues will add options to ease demand on current dining/lounges but will also add more foot traffic in the evenings. Unless the new DVC pool has a higher capacity than the seemingly small rendering, the volcano pool is going to be people soup.

Anyone know if you can change the name on the resort TV to something else?
I just called last week to ask this exact question, the CM I spoke with said "That would be really neat but sorry we can not do that". He explained that it will be the name on the reservation. We are doing an adult girls trip and I wanted each girls name included on the screen.

I just called last week to ask this exact question, the CM I spoke with said "That would be really neat but sorry we can not do that". He explained that it will be the name on the reservation. We are doing an adult girls trip and I wanted each girls name included on the screen.

Yeah but did you ask the front desk when you were there or was this just a CM you called before the actual trip.

Yeah but did you ask the front desk when you were there or was this just a CM you called before the actual trip.
My trip is coming up in in a few months, I have not been there yet. I was hoping they could do it before I arrive to surprise my girls, none of them have ever stayed on property so I'm trying to make it magical for each one of them.

Im really surprised by how many people here and other sites are saying they like the new DVC tower. I really hate it. Its so beige, boring and bland compared to the vibrancy of the Polynesian Village. I know this is just concept art but it looks just like all of Disney’s new ‘Corporate Park’ type theming. And so sad that it ruins the sight lines and views.
Maybe when I see the rooms I will change my mind but Im not hopeful.

Im really surprised by how many people here and other sites are saying they like the new DVC tower. I really hate it. Its so beige, boring and bland compared to the vibrancy of the Polynesian Village. I know this is just concept art but it looks just like all of Disney’s new ‘Corporate Park’ type theming. And so sad that it ruins the sight lines and views.
I think if BLT isn’t considered a blight on the sight lines and views, this tower, which I believe is smaller than both the Contemporary and BLT shouldn’t really be either. It’s just really different for now. And more so, it is under a lot of construction, which is an eye sore, in general. I think once all the concrete is painted and the greenery is replanted, it will feel much more appropriate and like it belonged. And actually the exterior colors are bolder and brighter than the longhouses right now so those are all being refreshened to match the vibrancy of the tower.

The interiors are definitely more subtle but like other have posted in different threads it actually matches a lot of current/modern Hawaiian architecture. The natural/woody elements are soothing and add to the nature aspect of it all, which seems to be something they’re leaning into for the inspiration of this building. I think it’s nice to have both options: the kitschy 70s tiki vibes of the original longhouses and this more modern, subtle nature luxury of this tower. I’m hopeful it’ll all come together nicely once it’s all said and done.

Last edited:
I think if BLT isn’t considered a blight on the sight lines and views, this tower, which I believe is smaller than both the Contemporary and BLT shouldn’t really be either. It’s just really different for now. And more so, it is under a lot of construction, which is an eye sore, in general. I think once all the concrete is painted and the greenery is replanted, it will feel much more appropriate and like it belonged. And actually the exterior colors are bolder and brighter than the longhouses right now so those are all being refreshened to match the vibrancy of the tower.

The interiors are definitely more subtle but like other have posted in different threads it actually matches a lot of current/modern Hawaiian architecture. The natural/woody elements are soothing and add to the nature aspect of it all, which seems to be something they’re leaning into for the inspiration of this building. I think it’s nice to have both options: the kitschy 70s tiki vibes of the original longhouses and this more modern, subtle nature luxury of this tower. I’m hopeful it’ll all come together nicely once it’s all said and done.
Oh for sure BLT is a blight. Didn’t say it wasn’t. They both are.
The bland and boring I was referring to was the lobby concept art. It’s not Disney at all. Might change my mind when we see actual video of the interiors. I hated the Disneyland Villa concept art but ended up liking the finished product.

Last edited:
Of for sure BLT is a blight. Didn’t say it wasn’t. They both are.
The bland and boring I was referring to was the lobby concept art. It’s not Disney at all. Might change my mind when we see actual video of the interiors. I hated the Disneyland Villa concept art but ended up liking the finished product.
Fair enough, we all have different expectations from Disney. I’m loving the look but I can see where you’re coming from. Hopefully they’ll make the rooms more fun and Disney so the overall effect appeals to the majority of people. We should hopefully hear/see room concepts and renderings this month!

I don’t own DVC and have no vested interest in the topic other than as a Poly hotel fan and guest (since DVCs involvement has continually changed the Poly hotel guest experience at the resort), but I’m irrationally annoyed at the name. Would Luau Cove Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows been that difficult? A subtle nod to several decades of history on the site. Seven Seas Tower? (I know the real Seven Seas wouldn’t make sense in the Polynesian context but it would complement the Bay Lake Tower nomenclature).

I know a silly thing to even spend time thinking about. Just strikes me as very plain.
It seems lazy and like it was an afterthought. The original PVB plans called for two towers. Surely they would have had distinct names. The longhouses were all renamed/reverted back to original names around that same time. I am curious what each tower would have been named when the planned exteriors actually blended with the resort?

Oahu is no longer in use and seems like it would have been an easy choice. Not saying I love "Oahu Tower," but I think it sounds better than "Island Tower."

When there I was surprised that it did not really ruin views or sight lines at all. Sure, on the monorail it does - but when wondering around the resort it isn’t bad at all.

Oh for sure BLT is a blight. Didn’t say it wasn’t. They both are.
I'm also REALLY sad about the lobby theming. IMO half the reason people love Poly is the deep commitment to theme. The lush plants, dark wood, and airy ceiling give it a pretty specific vibe. Disney is trying to lean too hard into "luxury" in many of their newer updates (see: Riviera, which goes for luxury but misses the mark on old-school European charm). I honestly don't think I'd ever want to stay in the tower.

What I'm most nervous about is the same as many other people--overcrowding. Poly dining already has 4-5 bars, two QS, and two restaurants (and got rid of a dining experience for the tower). They are all VERY popular, even with guests staying outside Poly or even Disney property. They will need at least 2 new restaurants, a quick service, and a bar/lounge to soak up all the extra people. And there hasn't been a peep about anything yet.

Headed to Poly for the first time ever end of May. Can you walk to Magic Kingdom, or are boats/monorail the options? If so, which is better for rope drop/post fireworks?

Any other first timer tips? Much appreciated! So excited! 🌴🌴

Can you walk to Magic Kingdom, or are boats/monorail the options?
No the walkway is closed while they work on the new Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (what a mouthful).

Boat, Monorail or walk to TTC and take a Ferry or the Express Monorail. All options have pluses and minuses depending on when you are trying to reach the MK.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter