Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive tomorrow evening and I still don't have a room number assigned to us. Should I be concerned? I guess we could always go to the front desk but I know they are discouraging that.

You won't get the room number until it is ready for you. If you don't get one by the time you arrive, then you would need to go to the front desk.

Several people in this thread have said that your room number should show up several days before hand and here we are 24 hours away from check in and no update. So much for contactless check in... :confused3

Several people in this thread have said that your room number should show up several days before hand and here we are 24 hours away from check in and no update. So much for contactless check in... :confused3

I think you may be misunderstanding.

Rooms are typically assigned 5 days out, but what is meant by that, is they are assigned internally. That is just the room assigners trying to figure everything out like a puzzle.

You won’t find out your room number until check in day.

They will need to completely sanitize your room before you arrive. They will not update MDE with your room until it's cleaned and ready for you to walk in the door. Since you arrive in the evening, hopefully you will have received your notification by the time you arrive. If not you will have no choice but to go to the front desk.

If you are arriving via DME, the resort will know what time your flight is scheduled to arrive so your room will be prepared later than those with earlier flights.

Correct- you will not get a Room Number until after check in time- right now I believe it is 3 pm. When I arrived late last month, I got the text at 7:34 pm- they knew I had a late flight.

Correct- you will not get a Room Number until after check in time- right now I believe it is 3 pm. When I arrived late last month, I got the text at 7:34 pm- they knew I had a late flight.
You will get your room number whenever your room is ready on check in day, so you may get it in the morning if your room happens to be ready.

You will get your room number whenever your room is ready on check in day, so you may get it in the morning if your room happens to be ready.

Correct- I have gotten them at home in MN before even flying out. I was surprised how late it was this last trip, but guessing it was due to the extra cleaning.

Correct- I have gotten them at home in MN before even flying out. I was surprised how late it was this last trip, but guessing it was due to the extra cleaning.
A lot of it depends on if a Guest has made a specific Room Request and when a Room meeting that request is available.

Or it might have been ready way earlier in the day, you just didn’t get the text until later.

We sometimes get the room ready text a day or two after we‘ve checked in. Lol.

Or it might have been ready way earlier in the day, you just didn’t get the text until later.

We sometimes get the room ready text a day or two after we‘ve checked in. Lol.
LOL! Yes, we've had this happen too!

Another suggestion is to keep checking MDE as sometimes your room information will be updated there before you receive the official text/email. Once you know the number you're free to go to your room.

I’ve read a lot about long lines for skyliner in the morning for rope drop... but what if you don’t plan on going until later in the afternoon to Epcot or HS? Does it thin out later in the day? I’ll be going to both of those parks the week after thanksgiving on weekdays.

I’ve read a lot about long lines for skyliner in the morning for rope drop... but what if you don’t plan on going until later in the afternoon to Epcot or HS? Does it thin out later in the day? I’ll be going to both of those parks the week after thanksgiving on weekdays.
Yes,Park Open and Park Close are generally the only times with massive lines.

Mid-day Flights are usually a breeze.

I have never had my room number appear in the app prior to check in day, pre or post Covid. I have had the room number show up earlier than the email is sent on check in day. They do start assigning rooms several days ahead, but many things can happen between when that room is assigned and the room is released to you. There can be maintenance issues. There can be issues with another guest requiring them to be given the room initially assigned to you. They don’t want to let you know the room number until you can physically take possession of the room.

We check in tomorrow - hoping to see some Christmas decorations. Our first trip to POP - usually at POR in the past - excited about the skyliner, but from reading - will probably ride it for fun later in the day... and uber/lyft for rope drops... maybe buses if we can get up/in-line that early. Thanks for all of the tips!

Are we still able to charge things to our room with our magic bands? I assume so, but wanted to check since anything is possible these days!

Some asked up above about Christmas decorations: Arrived at Pop tonight. Haven't noticed any Christmas decorations yet but will look better tomorrow when the jet lag is gone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter