Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had the tye-dye cheesecake when I was there in September. I'm sorry to say, but I think I got food poisoning from it. It was my last day, I had just checked in my luggage for my flight, headed over to the food court to burn a snack credit and got the cheesecake. Ate the cheesecake and went back to my room to finish getting ready and I instantaneously fell terribly ill. I was not sick at all before this, felt great, was really excited to spend the day at MK and go to BOG for breakfast. I have no food allergies or sensitivities and cheesecake is a favorite of mine. I was immediately faced with adding another day to my stay and changing my flight. Disney was great, Delta was terrible. I was hoping I'd feel good enough to visit a park that night, but no such luck.

This is just my experience with the cheesecake. I understand stuff like this happens and sometimes you cant control it, but I will never touch that cheesecake again!!!
That sucks! You just never know do you?

Was in my room last night and at about 10ish there was a knock on my door. Thought it was my sister who is in the next room so I just opened it. It was maintenance, there was a water leak in the room behind mine and he wanted to check to ensure that it had not come through/affected my room. This is building 8. They must have a broader issue.
I will say, to have maintenance come to my door at that hour when I'm a lone traveler, it was disconcerting to say the least. I know they have a job to do however I was uncomfortable. I stood with the door open the whole time he was there. I'm sure he understood but it was awkward.

Was anyone staying at POP able to get the Play Stay and Dine Deal when it came out? I tried for it but no availability and I was on the phone first thing in the morning, so curious if anyone in here got it?

Was anyone staying at POP able to get the Play Stay and Dine Deal when it came out? I tried for it but no availability and I was on the phone first thing in the morning, so curious if anyone in here got it?
I didn't get it right when it came out because there wasn't anything available, but after looking about a week later there was tons of availability. The room types changed, too. At first I had a Standard Pool View booked (and wanted Standard). After checking daily for about 2 days, Standard rooms started showing up so I jumped on that and took one. I'm going Feb 27-March 4. I don't know when your dates are, but it doesn't hurt to keep checking. The PSD package saved us about $330.

I do think 8pm is way too late to have to wait for a room. The latest we have ever had to wait for a room was 6pm (several years ago at CR), and they sent us a fruit basket for the inconvenience. I can't imagine they would do anything like that these days. If you have little kids, you may want to have them in bed at 8pm, or at least be doing the go to bed routine with them. I think I would have had to be camped out in the lobby within view of the front desk and giving them the stinkeye once it hit about 6pm. And for the room to be dirty to boot? Unacceptable.
This. My kids have an 8 PM bedtime. If we had to wait that late for our room to be ready, I would have insisted on a different room or being moved to a different resort for the night. Especially if we had waited until 8 PM for a gross, dirty room that was clearly not ready for us, I would have insisted on being moved elsewhere. Unacceptable.

I'm so sorry you had this experience, OP! Not a pleasant way to start your Disney vacation.

I keep hearing (well, reading) more & more problems with Mousekeeping problems ever since the decline option. Hopefully they get their kinks worked out or just stop it all together.
I don't think its the declining that is the issue. I had no problem and I declined it, I think the problem is that no matter what, they just don't have the staff. Disney needs to save a few bucks somewhere.

I was online within minutes of it being offered and have tried literally hundreds of time since (checking online) and have not been able to secure a SPD offer, even when switching up my dates and looking for smaller blocks of dates.

I didn't get it right when it came out because there wasn't anything available, but after looking about a week later there was tons of availability. The room types changed, too. At first I had a Standard Pool View booked (and wanted Standard). After checking daily for about 2 days, Standard rooms started showing up so I jumped on that and took one. I'm going Feb 27-March 4. I don't know when your dates are, but it doesn't hurt to keep checking. The PSD package saved us about $330.
:thanks:We ended up saving even more with our TA. But good to know folks are able to get the PSD.

I was online within minutes of it being offered and have tried literally hundreds of time since (checking online) and have not been able to secure a SPD offer, even when switching up my dates and looking for smaller blocks of dates.
That was my experience too. Someone else in here just posted they were able to get the discount. We ended up going with our TA who saved us even more than the offer would have saved. We bought the dining plan and it all worked out pretty good for us. There are 12 of us going...family reunion...can't wait!

My TA got me $123 tax included a night for 10 nights in May in a Standard so I am happy but of course will keep looking for anything better until its time to go.

Has anyone seen the pamphlet for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas. I was wondering what sweets are this year and where.

Has anyone seen the pamphlet for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas. I was wondering what sweets are this year and where.

Check out the thread under the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies heading. There is a list of the information we know so far.

I’ve never used a travel agent before. How were they able to save you so much?
I know it right...my daughter said the same thing...how can they do it, it's impossible. Well, I don't know either, but I discovered this one in here somewhere, we aren't allowed to give out names of other agencies but sometimes it slips through I guess. We used her one other time to get into Poly on a fabulous rate. They run offers throughout the year, not sure how many times. I believe they have a certain number of rooms allotted to them and they have a conference rate, something like that.

I know it right...my daughter said the same thing...how can they do it, it's impossible. Well, I don't know either, but I discovered this one in here somewhere, we aren't allowed to give out names of other agencies but sometimes it slips through I guess. We used her one other time to get into Poly on a fabulous rate. They run offers throughout the year, not sure how many times. I believe they have a certain number of rooms allotted to them and they have a conference rate, something like that.
I’m not sure where I would even get a TA from. It would be nice to have that option for such a cheap room. Our psd package isn’t too bad though.

I’m not sure where I would even get a TA from. It would be nice to have that option for such a cheap room. Our psd package isn’t too bad though.

If you do a Google search for Disney agency exclusives it would probably pop up first.

If you do a Google search for Disney agency exclusives it would probably pop up first.
Yes, good idea. I tried doing a private message to Haley R but don't really know how to do it, and I created something that took out the website I gave her.....oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter