Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed in the 90s a week ago..
What was fustrating was they changed premium rooms to include more rooms.
I expected they would since the rooms facing the lake & SkyLiner must be a room with a view upcharge. It would be nice to see the line forming early in morn so you know when to leave your room.

We stayed in the 90s a week ago..
What was fustrating was they changed premium rooms to include more rooms.
Just curious how you found out this information and if they shared what changes had been bade? When I called a couple of weeks ago the room allocations had not been changed. I was able to request a standard room in the 69's section and to me those would be some of the first rooms they might re-allowed care due to their proximity to the Skyliner and lake view.

Just curious how you found out this information and if they shared what changes had been bade? When I called a couple of weeks ago the room allocations had not been changed. I was able to request a standard room in the 69's section and to me those would be some of the first rooms they might re-allowed care due to their proximity to the Skyliner and lake view.
I put in a room request in july for my October room, I think they changed the request in aug/September. I was reading on here to check your request because the ones we had were gone. I went and sure enough they were. But it's because of the skyliner... staying in the 60ies or water view use to mean not close to anything.

I put in a room request in july for my October room, I think they changed the request in aug/September. I was reading on here to check your request because the ones we had were gone. I went and sure enough they were. But it's because of the skyliner... staying in the 60ies or water view use to mean not close to anything.
Thanks. Just to clarify, did you speak with someone at Pop who told you the rooms had been Re-allocated or just not get your initial requested location?

I’m working on a new thread for Pop so if the rooms have officially been changed I need to get in touch with Pop again as this is a change in the past 2 weeks.

I booked my last trip on 9/7, standard room, and was able to request 60s and 70s at that time through online check in and got a room in building 4/60s on 9/27. So it would be a very recent change.

Also, just a quick FYI:

A room request for a certain location or view is only a request and not a guarantee that you will be placed there. Disney will do their best but not all requests can be granted as many people ask for the same locations and there area limited number of rooms in each area available.

I stayed at Pop October 21-26. I had a wonderful time. I had no trouble with transportation. I was solo, so had no trouble being at the bus stop/skyliner early.
Mobile Ordering- did it twice, no lines, once right when I arrived off ME. I would not recommend it right at Park Closing.
AK- ran busses every 5 minutes starting just before 8 for a 9 am open. I walked right on FoP- bus was fast and efficient.

HS- arrived at Skyliner at 7:20 am. (Will not need to do this anymore) They started the Pop line before the CB line- so guests staying at POP had their own line once to CB. Once a bunch of Pop guests were at CB, they started loading, every other from Pop/CB. We passed over the cars waiting to get in, and got BG 18 and BG 11 on my 2 visits. No waiting at temp check or scanners.

MK- arrived at bus at 7:20 for a 9 am open. On bus by 7:40. I was 2nd at my Tapstile to enter park. Stopped for some quick Photo Pass Pictures at the Rose Garden, was on the 2nd train of 7 Dwarves. Great day- it was even a Saturday.

Epcot- took an uber to Riviera for breakfast, then took the Skyliner to EPCOT.
No lines when taking the skyliner to and fro when it was not opening.

I had read a post that Disney Transportation would not allow for rope drop. Simply not true. I Rope Dropped each of the 4 parks, taking only Disney Transportation.

I loved my stay at Pop and can't wait to go back in April!

I stayed at Pop October 21-26. I had a wonderful time. I had no trouble with transportation. I was solo, so had no trouble being at the bus stop/skyliner early.
Mobile Ordering- did it twice, no lines, once right when I arrived off ME. I would not recommend it right at Park Closing.
AK- ran busses every 5 minutes starting just before 8 for a 9 am open. I walked right on FoP- bus was fast and efficient.

HS- arrived at Skyliner at 7:20 am. (Will not need to do this anymore) They started the Pop line before the CB line- so guests staying at POP had their own line once to CB. Once a bunch of Pop guests were at CB, they started loading, every other from Pop/CB. We passed over the cars waiting to get in, and got BG 18 and BG 11 on my 2 visits. No waiting at temp check or scanners.

MK- arrived at bus at 7:20 for a 9 am open. On bus by 7:40. I was 2nd at my Tapstile to enter park. Stopped for some quick Photo Pass Pictures at the Rose Garden, was on the 2nd train of 7 Dwarves. Great day- it was even a Saturday.

Epcot- took an uber to Riviera for breakfast, then took the Skyliner to EPCOT.
No lines when taking the skyliner to and fro when it was not opening.

I had read a post that Disney Transportation would not allow for rope drop. Simply not true. I Rope Dropped each of the 4 parks, taking only Disney Transportation.

I loved my stay at Pop and can't wait to go back in April!

we were there Labor Day weekend so crowds weren’t max but also not small and we had zero issues making early park entry using Disney transport to all 4 parks.

Currently can only request 50s and 70s for a standard view room.
Online those are the only options but you may call and request any of the buildings as all have standard view rooms.

It is a known error on the app that has been reported to Disney IT but has yet to be corrected.

Strange question, maybe not - I'm going to order primenow.amazon tomorrow morning for delivery Saturday (someone mentioned you can order the day before & ask for delivery window). We'll arrive at MCO at 1pm. I'm estimating by the time we get our bags, get to the Magical Express, get to hotel, I should plan on earliest at hotel around 3. Would 4-6 delivery window (if that's an option) be a good estimate?

Also - I'll put my name, "Guest" using Pop's address ... In the Notes section, do I enter anything - like "deliver to Bell Services" or anything like that?

BIG QUESTION - since I haven't gone through the checkout procedure, I have 15 items in Amazon cart, 2 (milk) in the Whole Foods cart. It seems that it is 2 separate checkouts ... or is it just ONE checkout & all items come together? Or, will I need to have 2 deliveries?

THANKS! Never used this service before, so don't know the nuances!

Last edited:
On the day we go to AK, since it closes at 5, we're thinking we'd go straight to Disney Springs for dinner afterwards. From what I read, you can't go parks to Disney Springs, only from a resort, correct? What would be the best way to get from AK to Disney Springs???? We'll take the DS bus back to Pop after dinner.

On the day we go to AK, since it closes at 5, we're thinking we'd go straight to Disney Springs for dinner afterwards. From what I read, you can't go parks to Disney Springs, only from a resort, correct? What would be the best way to get from AK to Disney Springs???? We'll take the DS bus back to Pop after dinner.

Take a bus from AK to any resort and then take a bus from the resort to DS.

We've taken a bus from AK to AKL and then to DS and we've also taken a bus from AK to Pop and then to DS.

Personally, we found the lack of organized lines at AKL to be a challenge for getting a bus to DS as many had the same idea as we did and when a bus (finally) arrived it was a free-for-all getting onto the bus. We found it easier and faster to take the bus back to Pop and then to DS from there. It also gave us an opportunity to drop things at the room if we wanted to. Personally, I'd recommend the Pop route.

To avoid 2 "Bus Waits",I would take a Saratoga Springs Resort bus from Animal Kingdom and then take the short walk from SSR to Disney Springs.

But that is just me-I like to keep moving!lol :)

To avoid 2 "Bus Waits",I would take a Saratoga Springs Resort bus from Animal Kingdom and then take the short walk from SSR to Disney Springs.

But that is just me-I like to keep moving!lol :)

That's what we did. Get off at the Congress Park stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter