• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the arcade open?

Any word on the merchandise drop offs returning? I would love that feature- makes me so sad!

We were booked for Pop Century for our May trip in a few weeks and got a call from WDW today. They upgraded us to a Cars Suite over at Art of Animation. I’m assuming that Pop is overbooked? We love Pop, but thrilled to be staying at AoA for the first time for the same price as our AP Pop rate.

I've seen a few people say the same thing on Facebook! Interesting.... We're going in June and from the looks of it the parks will be busy, busy.. We wouldn't be upset to get a similar call. 😇

We were booked for Pop Century for our May trip in a few weeks and got a call from WDW today. They upgraded us to a Cars Suite over at Art of Animation. I’m assuming that Pop is overbooked? We love Pop, but thrilled to be staying at AoA for the first time for the same price as our AP Pop rate.

Wow - that's great! We're at Pop next Saturday, and would love that - never stayed at AoA and would love to try it out.

We were booked for Pop Century for our May trip in a few weeks and got a call from WDW today.
Please don’t laugh. Well, laugh because I am. Did this come from a FL number? Since I teach, I have the option on my phone to send unknown calls to voicemail... wondering if I need to disable that until after our trip. If I do, and a FL number comes, I’d totally be “hang on kids, Mickey’s calling.” 😂

hmmm i Would love that call never stayed at AOA….May I ask what part of May you’re going

Please don’t laugh. Well, laugh because I am. Did this come from a FL number? Since I teach, I have the option on my phone to send unknown calls to voicemail... wondering if I need to disable that until after our trip. If I do, and a FL number comes, I’d totally be “hang on kids, Mickey’s calling.” 😂
WDW calls typically come from Buena Vista, FL, if that helps. :)

I got a call on December 31st 2019 at 6PM and yes, it was a 407 area code. I was in the kitchen preparing NYE party and yes, I totally went “hang on everyone, Disney is calling”.

Guests are being upgraded at All-Star Movies as well.

It is because of Cheer/Dance "Season".

Congrats-I think the Cheerleaders/Dancers are gaining a lot of new fans this year!lol:)

Are there any activities happening yet? Outdoor movies? Tie Dying Mickey shirts? Hippy Dippy games, dance parties or trivia?
Here is the current schedule.

The Mickey Tie-Dye is in the Resort Airline Check-in space that isn't currently being used.

The also do some Trivia at Hippy Dippy,but a large amount of Pool Games like they did Pre-Covid hasn't returned yet.

I had a missed call from Buena Vista and am on hold with customer service. My trip is in August. If they offer a similar switch, I'm not sure if I should take it? I've never stayed at either but was getting pretty excited about POP.

I'm guessing that the renovation of the Big Blue Pool is complete? I haven't heard any mention of it and the Disney website does not indicate that it is being refurbished so I'm guessing it must be complete.

I mentioned the upgrades to AoA to my daughter today and she thought that was great!! We'd love to stay in an AoA suite but for us, it's just not worth the additional cost for 2 of us. Now, if it were free.....woot woot!!

I would love, love, love an upgrade to an AOA suite, I have 2 teen boys that hate sharing a bed and I know we're going to have fights next week. My oldest said that he'd rather sleep on the floor than share a bed, so we're taking a twin air mattress even though it's going to be very tight. An upgrade just wasn't in the budget for this trip, so they'll deal. I'm guessing we'll all be so tired, that it won't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter