Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Yea I booked a std which I am fine with but knowing my friend just paid 140 a night is hurting my disney math brain.i may just move off property, I was even thinking checking swan or dolphin to compare .. esp when I can stay at a premier universal for 238 a night with ap discount
Are we all pretty much under the same assumption that no resort discounts will come out for oct? I decided to book a weekend for my bday and pop is 210 for a std, which is insane, but also only resort under 375. I also booked off prop for much less just in case.
With Disney's ridiculous money grabbing greed, a lot of former loyal Disney fans are saying "ENOUGH!". They are staying offsite with much better accommodations at a significant price savings. And some are going to Universal Studios, and other parks. It's time to stop blindly handing money over to a regime that no longer values it's customers!

You might want to keep an eye on Hotwire/Priceline in case any deals come up on there closer to time. I’m assuming they won’t due to the 50th, but you never know. Might be worth periodically checking!
Definitely worth a check.

Our most recent trip to POP was with a $90.00 Hotwire Hot Rate.

We will probably just keep using the Hot Rates when available for POP even if it means not going exactly when we want to go.

POP is a wonderful Resort,but even the AP rates theses days if available,are so high.

Below is my favorite spot to relax at Pop Century.

This bench is on the left of Bowling Pool laundry and has a Speaker behind it and another Speaker just across the sidewalk by Bowling Pool so you get the Music in "Stereo".lol :)

If you like listening to Elvis Presley,The Big Bopper and all the great music from the 1950s that plays in that area,take a break from the hustle and bustle of a Disney Vacation,grab your favorite beverage and take a seat on the bench for a spell(as long as the sun isn't on it!lol).

It is also a great place to play a few of the Hot Tunes on the Jukebox from-just bring plenty of VERY LARGE Quarters!

We always play HEART AS COLD AS FROZEN DINNERS by SERGIO AND THE BAKERS DOZEN.

It brings a tear to my eye every time!:)

Can you currently purchase a pack of water at Pop? And if so, how much are they and where are they located? Thank you so much!

So excited, our home base has been POP since 2006 however when I booked our trip for September we booked ASMo with the ticket promo due to POP not being available, well yesterday I checked the room discount and POP was available and I moved us immediately. I feel so much better now as I felt like I was cheating on POP or something staying at ASMo and I saved $4.66, lol. I will finally be home September 18th-25th. :-) :-)

Unfortunately right now there isn't a way to enter the MK before the gates open to everyone. Dining reservations are not granted early access to the park as the gates open to all between 8:00 and 8:15. Other guests will be held in the hub and you will be allowed to walk to your dining reservation. I wish it were different so that you could get the shots you wish but it's not happening right now. I'm not sure if you might be able to capture some pics with the side of the castle behind your daughter as I'm not sure how early dining reservations are accessing CRT.

Your best opportunity to arrive there as early as possible is to take the bus from Pop. It is recommended you be at the Pop bus stop by 7:30 at the latest for a 9:00 park opening. If it's important to be on the very first bus you may wish to arrive at the bus earlier.

Monorail and ferries are normally arriving after the initial buses.

An Uber or Lyft will not help as they will drop you at the TTC so you would need to take the monorail or ferry from the TTC. Ride shares are not allowed to drop guests at any locations other than the TTC.

Sorry, I wish the answer was different but this is the current situation.

Oh darn this is totally disappointing! I have Have the same situation that I was wondering about, reservation at Pop century and a CRT reservation at 8:20 on the 7th just so I could get in at 7:45 for those pictures!

I'm glad at least that somebody else asked the question cuz it would have been horribly disappointing to get there that day to discover it wasn't going to happen.

Hmm Might do my 7:30 reservation at the Wave instead if I can't get into the park early, that's the main reason I wanted to do CRT

So excited just scored Pop for $90 a night on Hotwire for September 13 -16! VERY spur of the moment trip for just my hubby and me. We were at the Dolphin 2 weeks ago with all the kids and I will be at the Poly with my daughter September 30-October 4 for the anniversary festivities! I love my Disney life! LOL!

Is the air conditioning in room at Pop based off of motion sensors? We’ve had a few Disney (and non-Disney) hotels where we’ve woken up in a sweat in the middle of the night having to wave our arms around to get the air to kick back on again. Hoping to avoid that as we like it very cold- esp to sleep.

I'm not sure whether Pop did anything in 2020, but here is a link showing what resorts did in 2019: https://herewiththeears.com/what-ev...r-halloween/#pop-century-halloween-activities

I think the most fun thing to do at WDW for Halloween is to go walk around the Fort Wilderness campground and see all the decorations the campers display. Some of them go over the top and it's fantastic. Enjoy whatever you do.
Do you think people at Fort Wilderness will have decorations up around September 14-21 or is closer to Halloween?

So excited, our home base has been POP since 2006 however when I booked our trip for September we booked ASMo with the ticket promo due to POP not being available, well yesterday I checked the room discount and POP was available and I moved us immediately. I feel so much better now as I felt like I was cheating on POP or something staying at ASMo and I saved $4.66, lol. I will finally be home September 18th-25th. :-) :-)
I know what you mean about staying at POP. That has been the only resort we have stayed at on all of our trips. When I booked our September trip there were no value resorts available for my dates so I reluctantly booked at a hotel at Disney Springs. I kept checking and I found availability
I know exactly what you mean. POP has been the only resort I have stayed at every visit to Disney. When I booked our September trip there was no availability at any of the value resorts. I reluctantly had to book a room at a hotel in Disney Springs. I kept looking online and I found availability at All Star Music. Then once I saw All Star Movies was going to reopen during my dates so I switched to that resort. I still kept looking online and I was so happy to see that there was availability at POP so I switched to POP. I am so happy that my patience and persistence paid off.
When I read that you saved $4.66 by switching it made me laugh. My husband and I are staying at a hotel near our airport since we have an early flight. I had one hotel booked and then I say another hotel that was a little bit cheaper. When my husband got home from work I told him I switched hotels and I saved him some money. He asked how much I saved and no told him $1.00.😂 Lol. He thought that was hilarious….

I know what you mean about staying at POP. That has been the only resort we have stayed at on all of our trips. When I booked our September trip there were no value resorts available for my dates so I reluctantly booked at a hotel at Disney Springs. I kept checking and I found availability

I know exactly what you mean. POP has been the only resort I have stayed at every visit to Disney. When I booked our September trip there was no availability at any of the value resorts. I reluctantly had to book a room at a hotel in Disney Springs. I kept looking online and I found availability at All Star Music. Then once I saw All Star Movies was going to reopen during my dates so I switched to that resort. I still kept looking online and I was so happy to see that there was availability at POP so I switched to POP. I am so happy that my patience and persistence paid off.
When I read that you saved $4.66 by switching it made me laugh. My husband and I are staying at a hotel near our airport since we have an early flight. I had one hotel booked and then I say another hotel that was a little bit cheaper. When my husband got home from work I told him I switched hotels and I saved him some money. He asked how much I saved and no told him $1.00.😂 Lol. He thought that was hilarious….

I’m so happy you have been able to move to POP. I don’t know why we love it so much there’s just something about it. I hope you have a great trip. 😊😊

Hey everyone!
Hello and I hope all is well with you.
I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me out with:)
We are coming down 9/3 - 911.
We have a breakfast RSVP for CRT @ 8:25. The MK is supposed to open @ 9:00. My goal is to be at the MK gate by 8:00. My wife is a photographer and is doing part my daughter's senior pics and we figure this would be a good way to get in the MK without anyone else really around.

1. Does anyone know how early before your RSVP will they let you in the park?
2. Do we know when the monorail and/or boats start running from the TTC to MK?
3. Do you think the busses from Pop will be able to get us to MK by 8:00? I don't mind to drive or take an UBER or LYFT.

Thanks in advance....I know the answers to these may be in the thread somewhere but I do appreciate the help!

Have a good day!

I know you said your wife is a photographer, but for something like this, it might be worth the $50 for a Capture Your Moment photo session. I did it first thing in the morning at Animal Kindgom and there is NO ONE else in the picture. Your photographer will take you to different places and in most cases they have an assistant with them to block traffic. You could book it for 3 so you could get some pics with you, your wife, and your daughter but let them know you want her solo shots to be the majority of them.

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

They are FAMOUS for their matching Backpacks and shirts and for their LARGE numbers!

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers)as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are July for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in July.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

They also used to chant loudly and incessantly wherever they went. I think Disney largely put the kibosh on that as I've not heard it like I used to when I've had an overlapping trip with them.

So excited - my BFF:ccat: and I:figment: will be arriving in 9 days to celebrate her 50th Birthday!! I would like to decorate the window. Does anyone have the window dimensions? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter