Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks to everybody for your responses!
If you’re comfortable sharing, why would you prefer to add an extra stop from a park to Pop rather then take a bus directly from MK or DS to Pop?
As I understand it, the Pop Century bus stop is usually the farthest from wherever you need to board. There was something I had read on a Pop FB post mentioning being able to do this. I was hoping that if the CBR stop was closer, to be able to board that bus and if there was a stop (and only if there was a stop) at the Skyliner station that would be saving me some steps at the end of what could be potentially a long day of walking. As I mentioned, as a disabled senior, trying to save steps any way I can. There have been so many times when I have decided not to go to DS because of how far the Pop bus stop is and how hard it is for me to get back there after spending an afternoon or evening at DS.
After reading everyone's responses it seems like it could have been misinformation.
Again, thanks everyone!!

Last edited:
Shower question: Are the showers near the pool open? I'm contemplating a late-day departure from Pop in August, and the thought of getting on a plane after sweating in the parks all day is rather gross.
Yes they are. This is one thing I checked last week. I will update the first page when I have a moment. I have a few updates to do there.

Yes, HOWEVER - some of the items are not available through mobile order for some reason. So things like the pasta, turkey, etc are there on the line when you order in person, but won't show up as options when you mobile order.
Oh thanks for the info. That is what we were wanting to order.

Well I switched from standard to preferred. I have been looking at the views on touring plans. I actually liked some of the lake views. Are there any preferred rooms that have a lake view or all of them facing the main building?

Well I switched from standard to preferred. I have been looking at the views on touring plans. I actually liked some of the lake views. Are there any preferred rooms that have a lake view or all of them facing the main building?
No, unfortunately the preferred rooms do not have lake views. There is a map on the first page of this thread that shows where the preferred rooms are located.

Thanks to everybody for your responses!

As I understand it, the Pop Century bus stop is usually the farthest from wherever you need to board. There was something I had read on a Pop FB post mentioning being able to do this. I was hoping that if the CBR stop was closer, to be able to board that bus and if there was a stop (and only if there was a stop) at the Skyliner station that would be saving me some steps at the end of what could be potentially a long day of walking. As I mentioned, as a disabled senior, trying to save steps any way I can. There have been so many times when I have decided not to go to DS because of how far the Pop bus stop is and how hard it is for me to get back there after spending an afternoon or evening at DS.
After reading everyone's responses it seems like it could have been misinformation.
Again, thanks everyone!!
Thanks!

You're correct that the Pop Century bus stop is often furthest away, especially at Disney Springs. It's a hike there for sure and I completely understand wanting to save steps!! If you don't mind taking some extra transportation time and it's when the DHS Skyliner line is running (currently 90 mins after park closing), an option (long but doable) is to take a bus from DS to one of the closer resort bus stops, then from that resort - take a bus to DHS. Once at DHS you can take the Skyliner back to Pop. Not efficient timewise but, would save steps.

Currently the Pop bus location at MK isn't too bad. All 3 days we were there last week it was using stop 25/26 but as more resorts re-open I can see the Pop location be moved back to it's regular 31/32 location.

Yes, HOWEVER - some of the items are not available through mobile order for some reason. So things like the pasta, turkey, etc are there on the line when you order in person, but won't show up as options when you mobile order.
So the chicken parmesan pasta is still available just not on mobile order? Asking for my granddaughter.

Okay I just looked on mobile order and didn’t see it. Maybe only for dinner?
On the MDE App:
- click + sign at bottom of the screen
- select ‘Order Food’
- scroll down to ‘Everything Pop Shopping and Dining’
- tap the name ‘Everything Pop Shopping and Dining’
- ‘tap’ ‘View Menu’
- tap the ‘Lunch and Dinner tab’

As you scroll down you will see:

On the MDE App:
- click + sign at bottom of the screen
- select ‘Order Food’
- scroll down to ‘Everything Pop Shopping and Dining’
- tap the name ‘Everything Pop Shopping and Dining’
- ‘tap’ ‘View Menu’
- tap the ‘Lunch and Dinner tab’

As you scroll down you will see:
View attachment 645843
Hmm not showing on mine.

Attachments

• 35117B5F-E8F2-4FBE-8E8C-16A1B305434E.png
    35117B5F-E8F2-4FBE-8E8C-16A1B305434E.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 16
Thanks!

You're correct that the Pop Century bus stop is often furthest away, especially at Disney Springs. It's a hike there for sure and I completely understand wanting to save steps!! If you don't mind taking some extra transportation time and it's when the DHS Skyliner line is running (currently 90 mins after park closing), an option (long but doable) is to take a bus from DS to one of the closer resort bus stops, then from that resort - take a bus to DHS. Once at DHS you can take the Skyliner back to Pop. Not efficient timewise but, would save steps.

Currently the Pop bus location at MK isn't too bad. All 3 days we were there last week it was using stop 25/26 but as more resorts re-open I can see the Pop location be moved back to it's regular 31/32 location.
View attachment 645817
This is a great suggestion @scrappinginontario Thank you - it is something to seriously consider when we come down for our next trip in April! Also, where did you get the map of the bus stations from MK? If I could find something like this for each location it might be easier for me to map out a route :stitch2:
And I just want to say thanks for all you do for us on the Pop page and other pages. So glad you finally got to go on your long awaited trip!!

Wow! So weird but thankfully yes, chicken parm is available in the food court.

I checked the app, and there's a difference between viewing the menu for Everything Pop and the menu that is listed for a mobile order.

I guess that means you can't mobile order "everything" at "Everything Pop." :-)

This is a great suggestion @scrappinginontario Thank you - it is something to seriously consider when we come down for our next trip in April! Also, where did you get the map of the bus stations from MK? If I could find something like this for each location it might be easier for me to map out a route :stitch2:
And I just want to say thanks for all you do for us on the Pop page and other pages. So glad you finally got to go on your long awaited trip!!

You're so welcome! My pleasure!!

Google is my friend and I tend to look for many things using it. :) For the map I looked for 'Map of Magic Kingdom bus stops'. I will say the one I found was out of date as it was showing stations when all the resorts were open so I just copied the map and marked on it where the Pop stop was located last week.

We found we used the Skyliner often! It was the very first thing we wanted to do after having been there 5 times while it was being built so we took it from Pop to DHS and then took a bus from DHS to the MK as it was after 1:30 PM.

Another day we had breakfast booked at the Contemporary. I was going to do bus to MK then monorail to Contemporary but it was my daughter who suggested Skyliner to DHS then bus to Contemporary. That was a great route and so glad she suggested it!

As prepared as I was for this trip, I quickly realized that 2 years of working from home has given me 'baby feet' and they were screaming by the end of day 2. (LOL, I guess that happens when you go from 4,000 steps a day to 22,000! :crazy2: ) For me, that was the most challenging part of this trip but thankfully by half-way through they were improving thankfully.

For anyone preparing to go, we've all heard this but it's worth repeating, taking time to walk and prepare physically before your trip is a great tip I wish I'd taken more seriously!

I checked the app, and there's a difference between viewing the menu for Everything Pop and the menu that is listed for a mobile order.

I guess that means you can't mobile order "everything" at "Everything Pop." :-)
Mystery solved! You're exactly right! Thanks for clearing that up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter