Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I just read a trip report where they stayed at POFQ. They claimed that the beds were terribly uncomfortable and that they would never stay at POFQ ever again for this reason.

You do need to take these sorts of comment with a pinch of salt - or at least allow for different people's perspectives. One guest for example was complaining about how awful the bedding was in a Port Orleans room, when in fact they were actually the first people to sleep on a brand new mattress! I guess it just didn't feel the same as the one they were used to from home.

Riverside's mattresses have all been replaced over the past two months with new Sealy bedding, and French Quarter got updated with the best/newest of the old stock from Riverside rather than disposing of some perfectly good stock.

Andre

Riverside's mattresses have all been replaced over the past two months with new Sealy bedding, and French Quarter got updated with the best/newest of the old stock from Riverside rather than disposing of some perfectly good stock.
Not good enough for Riverside but good enough for French Quarter? That's a bit worrying, and frankly a little insulting considering I'm spending the same amount of money. Where is the logic here?

Not good enough for Riverside but good enough for French Quarter? That's a bit worrying, and frankly a little insulting considering I'm spending the same amount of money. Where is the logic here?

They are perfectly good enough, they only swapped over the 'almost new' mattresses that had been recently installed in the normal rolling program. Since every mattress at POR was being replaced, naturally some of the ones removed were pretty new.

Andre

Couple of questions;

1) Does the gift shop sell cereal? And any idea of the prices of a cider?

2) Any idea of how many USB ports each room has? I was thinking of buying one of those multi-charging units prior to our visit but if theres 3+ USB ports I'll happily go without....

Couple of questions;

1) Does the gift shop sell cereal? And any idea of the prices of a cider?

2) Any idea of how many USB ports each room has? I was thinking of buying one of those multi-charging units prior to our visit but if theres 3+ USB ports I'll happily go without....

Yes to cereal (and/or from the food court). There are no USB charger sockets in the rooms, although they will most likely be added in the next refit starting early next year.

Andre

Does anyone know if the chicken nuggets are like the ones at all the other counter service places? Or are they just little nuggets? Asking for my husband, who for some reason, has to have chicken breast nuggets at every meal at Disney World. He loves them. I noticed they are only available in kids' meals now??

Just to let you know, this does not just happen at the 2 PO resorts, it is a common WDW practice for all their resorts.

Are bottles of liquor (rum or vodka) available in the gift shop or should I pick some up duty-free at the airport on the way?
(I won't have a car.)

Are bottles of liquor (rum or vodka) available in the gift shop or should I pick some up duty-free at the airport on the way?
(I won't have a car.)

Yes there are, but buying duty-free at the airport would probably be cheaper than hotel prices.

Andre

(I won't have a car.)
I bought vodka in the FQ gift shop. I think it was a pint? They had 3 vodkas to choose from, which I think were Smirnoff, Absolut, and Grey Goose. The Absolut was around $18, so more than a regular store, but not terrible.

Does anyone know if the chicken nuggets are like the ones at all the other counter service places? Or are they just little nuggets? Asking for my husband, who for some reason, has to have chicken breast nuggets at every meal at Disney World. He loves them. I noticed they are only available in kids' meals now??

Chicken nuggets/strips may just show up on children's menu but you can always just ask for an adult portion usually around $9.99 with 2 sides.

Chicken nuggets/strips may just show up on children's menu but you can always just ask for an adult portion usually around $9.99 with 2 sides.

Thank you!! We did that last year at CSR, but they were not the same as the other counter services. Just wondering what kind of nuggets they are??

I bought vodka in the FQ gift shop. I think it was a pint? They had 3 vodkas to choose from, which I think were Smirnoff, Absolut, and Grey Goose. The Absolut was around $18, so more than a regular store, but not terrible.

Whoa!!! $18 for a PINT? That's usually 5/6 bucks

Whoa!!! $18 for a PINT? That's usually 5/6 bucks
$18 sounded high to me too so I just checked prices on the website of a very large liquor store. I couldn't find pints but a 375 ml (12.6 oz.) bottle of Absolut is $14.99. So I guess $18 isn't really that bad. Of course it's much cheaper by the ounce or ml if you buy a larger bottle.

$18 sounded high to me too so I just checked prices on the website of a very large liquor store. I couldn't find pints but a 375 ml (12.6 oz.) bottle of Absolut is $14.99. So I guess $18 isn't really that bad. Of course it's much cheaper by the ounce or ml if you buy a larger bottle.
Yeah, I don't think that hotel gift shops are the best place to find bargains! But, I've certainly had experiences at other resorts where I've been truly gouged, like buying sunscreen in Mexico. And I enjoyed the vodka more...

And I just dug out my receipt out of curiosity. It was Absolut 375 ML was $18.99 plus tax, and you can't get an AP discount on it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think that hotel gift shops are the best place to find bargains! But, I've certainly had experiences at other resorts where I've been truly gouged, like buying sunscreen in Mexico. And I enjoyed the vodka more...

And I just dug out my receipt out of curiosity. It was Absolut 375 ML was $18.99 plus tax, and you can't get an AP discount on it.
I think I'll just pick something up in Duty Free before leaving the airport. It'll be cheaper and likely have a better selection.

I think I'll just pick something up in Duty Free before leaving the airport. It'll be cheaper and likely have a better selection.
The Coke Freestyle machines at POFQ give you some nice options for making a drink. I like vodka/tonic, and they had Dasani sparkling water plain and with lime. Lots of choices compared to the typical mug refill stations.

Yes to cereal (and/or from the food court). There are no USB charger sockets in the rooms, although they will most likely be added in the next refit starting early next year.

Andre

Thanks Andre, much appreciated. We stayed at CBR last year where (I think) they had USB ports so just assumed it was site-wide. No worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter