• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you. About how long does it take them to bring what we need?
My experience at Coronado this year was pretty good. They delivered towels or whatever really quick! One time I even tracked down the mousekeeping lady who was around the corner and just asked, no issue!

Thank you! They look pretty big. Are they bigger than the little bottles they usually give us?

Thank you! They look pretty big. Are they bigger than the little bottles they usually give us?

Definitely. Not marked, but like a normal smaller bottle from the store. We have been here 8 days and haven’t used any of them up.

Just back, and I absolutely loved it!! The theme didn’t do much for me in theory, but in reality, it was great. Loved the rooms, loved the pool, loved the main building...I want to go back!!

On a side note, do we know what the smell is in the lobby? I need my house to smell like that!!

How is the bus stop situation lately? On a past trip, it was total confusion. Since there are no definite lines (like at POP), when a bus pulled up, it depended on where you were standing with lots of people coming up and getting in line ahead of others who were standing waiting the whole time. I really hope it is better, but probably not with no designated lines.

Still no lines at the resort, but we never saw anyone not get on the bus due to that. Maybe not get on as quickly, but it wasn’t really an issue. We did share on return trips from Disney Springs, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and maybe animal kingdom. The buses still weren’t packed and we were dropped off first.

How is the bus stop situation lately? On a past trip, it was total confusion. Since there are no definite lines (like at POP), when a bus pulled up, it depended on where you were standing with lots of people coming up and getting in line ahead of others who were standing waiting the whole time. I really hope it is better, but probably not with no designated lines.
This is pretty much how it is everywhere but the values, and seems to work for the most part.

I have been to POR several times and was thinking we would like the smallness of POFQ for our December trip.(health permitting) I have a couple questions. 1) in researching I came cross Undercover tourist and was intrigued by their cheaper prices both in park tickets and in rooms. I was wondering people's experience with them(I have always done the Disney site) 2) Because hubby was unable to do stairs we have always been limited to main floor rooms...I was thinking a third floor room may be nice...opinions? Does POFQ still do fax requests?

Just back, and I absolutely loved it!! The theme didn’t do much for me in theory, but in reality, it was great. Loved the rooms, loved the pool, loved the main building...I want to go back!!

On a side note, do we know what the smell is in the lobby? I need my house to smell like that!!
So happy to hear this! We love POR and for some reason theming of POFQ keeps throwing me for a loop. So happy to hear that in reality, it’s wonderful <3

pofq-a-busstop_cropped-jpg.296943
Here's my cheat sheet for POFQ buses...

That's a good image of how the bus station is laid out. The only thing I would add is that anyone sitting is also considered not in line. It doesn't matter when you show up. It depends on if you are in line when the bus is there. Also in the mornings, which is usually the busiest time, there is usually a cast member announcing when a bus is coming and asking people to line up.

Thanks!

From this pic, it seems the start of the line is by the blue line and not covered.

ETA: I originally asked the question because we mostly stay at POP, and it always seems more organized there. Last time at PORFQ, people were arguing about who was "breaking" into the line. (Not us! We just witnessed it.)

Thanks!

From this pic, it seems the start of the line is by the blue line and not covered.

ETA: I originally asked the question because we mostly stay at POP, and it always seems more organized there. Last time at PORFQ, people were arguing about who was "breaking" into the line. (Not us! We just witnessed it.)
We like the slightly unstructured bus queues at POFQ/POR. The bus time monitors really help out. It makes it possible to relax on a bench AND be first in line. When your bus is five minutes away (and there are no buses arriving sooner), head on over to the blue line and be first in line. DS HAS to have one of the two seats in the back corners.

The moderate bus queue setup can be disheartening for some folks, and has generated discussions here before. "But I got to the bus stop first! By the time I got up from my bench, the entire cheer team from Alabama cut in front of me!" We don't go to the parks till close to noon, so we love it; we're usually fairly lonely at the bus stop. For those leaving at peak times, I understand the frustration. It's one of the few places on property with no structured line, and I view this as a real feature!

That's a good image of how the bus station is laid out. The only thing I would add is that anyone sitting is also considered not in line. It doesn't matter when you show up. It depends on if you are in line when the bus is there. Also in the mornings, which is usually the busiest time, there is usually a cast member announcing when a bus is coming and asking people to line up.
Thanks. I had fun putting it together. The google maps camera was passing at the perfect time. That 3 year old in red at the blue line KNOWS what she's doing! And the guest in the chair? She's done this before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter