Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone! We are also heading to POFQ for our first time this April and I'm wondering what your favorite River View rooms/locations are!

I'm traveling with my mom and two teens. My DM gets around pretty well but I'd like to be close to the Main Building and bus stops just to save her some walking. I also don't really want to be woken up by ferry horns…is that thing there? I though I heard that mentioned before?

Thanks for any advice! We can't wait to go!

Hi everyone! We are also heading to POFQ for our first time this April and I'm wondering what your favorite River View rooms/locations are!

I'm traveling with my mom and two teens. My DM gets around pretty well but I'd like to be close to the Main Building and bus stops just to save her some walking. I also don't really want to be woken up by ferry horns…is that thing there? I though I heard that mentioned before?

Thanks for any advice! We can't wait to go!
There are not really any ferry horns at FQ, different boat types here.
Unfortunately, the River View rooms aren't really close to Lobby or Transportation due to the fact that the River is on the total opposite side of the resort as the lobby and the bus stops. Are you stuck on River View rooms? You probably would prefer Garden View to be closer

There are not really any ferry horns at FQ, different boat types here.
Unfortunately, the River View rooms aren't really close to Lobby or Transportation due to the fact that the River is on the total opposite side of the resort as the lobby and the bus stops. Are you stuck on River View rooms? You probably would prefer Garden View to be closer

Thanks! We only chose River View because we got a good APH discount. I don't think we can change it now, unfortunately.

Thanks! We only chose River View because we got a good APH discount. I don't think we can change it now, unfortunately.
Ah, understand that.
I'd go to Touringplans and use their room finder. Click on River View 2 Queen rooms and find the one closest to Lobby and select it as your location choice.

I tried to highlight the areas where River View rooms are in yellow, it's a rough highlight but enough to give you the idea of where they are.
We always try to stay in Building 4. I added a red line to show the path we typically take to walk to the bus stop area
Using this path I think building 6 may be a good choice, plus it has a pretty high number of River View rooms in it
(hopefully the image works, I've never used the photo area here on Dis)
full

I also don't really want to be woken up by ferry horns…is that thing there? I though I heard that mentioned before?

Buildings #2 and #5 are the best River View locations for access to the main building, followed by #6. But it's such a small resort that even though they may be on the other side from the main buildings, the walk is still pretty short.

Ferry horns really aren't too bad, but of course facing the river does necessarily mean you are facing the river ferries too. However they don't start running until 10am so you're not going to be woken early by them anyway, even if you can hear them. In your case, I might try to avoid building #2 as that is nearest to the ferry dock.

Andre

I tried to highlight the areas where River View rooms are in yellow, it's a rough highlight but enough to give you the idea of where they are.
We always try to stay in Building 4. I added a red line to show the path we typically take to walk to the bus stop area
Using this path I think building 6 may be a good choice, plus it has a pretty high number of River View rooms in it
(hopefully the image works, I've never used the photo area here on Dis)
full

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Buildings #2 and #5 are the best River View locations for access to the main building, followed by #6. But it's such a small resort that even though they may be on the other side from the main buildings, the walk is still pretty short.

Ferry horns really aren't too bad, but of course facing the river does necessarily mean you are facing the river ferries too. However they don't start running until 10am so you're not going to be woken early by them anyway, even if you can hear them. In your case, I might try to avoid building #2 as that is nearest to the ferry dock.

Andre

I won’t worry about the horns since we’ll be up long before 10am. Maybe I’ll just take my chances and not request anything.

Thank you!

I won’t worry about the horns since we’ll be up long before 10am. Maybe I’ll just take my chances and not request anything.

Thank you!

I stayed building 5 River View closest room on 3rd floor to the boat docks. We had early nights, but I did not get woken up by the horns. This is unexpected since I am a very light sleeper.

Thank you!
We have been in every River view building at POFQ. Last trip was 2nd floor building 2 near the boat dock.They are done by midnight and to us the horns were not an issue.

We aRe here now in a standard king. Bldg 3, first floor. Resort is bustling with Princess runners and families weather is beautiful. No rain. Traffic is terrible. The new parking lot entrance to Disney studios is driving folks crazy..

Race weekends are never good ones when it comes to trying to get anywhere before noon, that's for sure. There is minimal impact to the parks but traffic is a whole other animal

Hope the rest of the stay is smooth

We've been riverview in Buildings 1, 5, and 6. The boat horns were not a problem, they were simply a quiet background noise, kind of like a fog horn, that gave me an "ah, the sounds of Disney" feeling. They were not obtrusive or annoying at all. We nap midday and go to bed early and the horns did not interfere with our sleep at all.

Thank you!
We were in Building 7 River view. We were in the room closest to the river. We sleep in late and stay up late. I’m also a very light sleeper. The horns were never an issue.

Our flight time has changed and now we won't be flying back to the UK until 8.55pm, I know you can keep rooms up until 1pm if you ask, but I was wondering if you can keep them longer and if so what's the extra cost? Thanks

Our flight time has changed and now we won't be flying back to the UK until 8.55pm, I know you can keep rooms up until 1pm if you ask, but I was wondering if you can keep them longer and if so what's the extra cost? Thanks
I’m not positive on this but I’m assuming they would charge you another night.

First of all, you can't automatically keep a room till 1:00. At least do not assume this. Yes, you can ask but there are times it is not possible and they will require 11:00 check out. Just to be sure you are prepared for this.

As to the 2nd part of the question, I'm not sure. I've never tried to stay that long in any resort. We fly out late all the time but we just check out at 11:00 and head to the parks for the day.

I’m not positive on this but I’m assuming they would charge you another night.

Thought that might be the case, thanks.

First of all, you can't automatically keep a room till 1:00. At least do not assume this. Yes, you can ask but there are times it is not possible and they will require 11:00 check out. Just to be sure you are prepared for this.

As to the 2nd part of the question, I'm not sure. I've never tried to stay that long in any resort. We fly out late all the time but we just check out at 11:00 and head to the parks for the day.
Yea I understand it's not guaranteed we can keep the room until 1, thanks.

With such a long flight ahead of us we would like to freshen up beforehand, if we can't keep the room do they have a separate room where we can freshen up? Thanks

Thought that might be the case, thanks.

Yea I understand it's not guaranteed we can keep the room until 1, thanks.

With such a long flight ahead of us we would like to freshen up beforehand, if we can't keep the room do they have a separate room where we can freshen up? Thanks
The restrooms by the pool have showers if that helps. I know that people who stay around on their last day use them to change before leaving.

The restrooms by the pool have showers if that helps. I know that people who stay around on their last day use them to change before leaving.
That's great thanks, thought they were for pool use only, I didn't realise you could use these to freshen up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter