Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Here now and can confirm that they are swapping out all of the "fridges" for these delightful beverage coolers that can not be adjusted and barely do enough for keeping said beverages cold. I have significant dietary restrictions and need to keep food on hand to fill the gaps but we've been able to find workable solutions before to keep things in the safe range - putting buckets of ice inside is usually enough but not this trip, instant read thermometer read 50 in a glass of milk (left the groceries with bell services while performing our quality test :P ) after 2 hours. Front desk wasn't able to locate a medical fridge, they are in very short supply.

Contacted a personal shopper who did an emergency run for us today to pick up a Styrofoam cooler. Things are now nice a chilly and when we leave someone will get to use it next!

Here's the result of the Styrofoam cooler, not as convenient as a mini-fridge but it will work! My cereal even had a few ice chunkie bits this morning :P
milk temp.jpg
All kidding aside, just trying to make sure people know what to expect before they order a week's worth of perishable food, hoping to cut costs.

A few happier pictures to remind everyone how special this resort truly is, opened my door this morning and watched the boats float past
1708824754094.png

Took a ride to the Springs to hop on a boat to OKW for lunch at Olivia's
springs.jpg
springs 2.jpg
ended the day with a slow wander down the path to watch the full moon dance on the river
photo_2024-02-24_20-20-43.jpg

Here now and can confirm that they are swapping out all of the "fridges" for these delightful beverage coolers that can not be adjusted and barely do enough for keeping said beverages cold. I have significant dietary restrictions and need to keep food on hand to fill the gaps but we've been able to find workable solutions before to keep things in the safe range - putting buckets of ice inside is usually enough but not this trip, instant read thermometer read 50 in a glass of milk (left the groceries with bell services while performing our quality test :P ) after 2 hours. Front desk wasn't able to locate a medical fridge, they are in very short supply.

Contacted a personal shopper who did an emergency run for us today to pick up a Styrofoam cooler. Things are now nice a chilly and when we leave someone will get to use it next!
I suppose that means we won’t buy much for the room then. We were thinking about having breakfast in the room and get snacks for the parks to cut some costs. I think we’ll manage pretty well on the merchanise and meal credit we get with our booking anyway as we’re not big eaters, so shouldn’t be out of pocket really. Might still get some snacks for the parks though.

Excited to be staying at POFQ for the first time in a few weeks!

A couple of questions: With the pool being closed for refurbishment, the website mentions that guests are welcome to swim in the Ol' Man Island pool at Riverside. How long of a walk is it from POFQ to Riverside? I think our 6-year-old would really like to swim.

Also, we noticed there is a horse drawn carriage ride at Riverside. Is that something you would recommend doing?

Thanks!

A couple of questions: With the pool being closed for refurbishment, the website mentions that guests are welcome to swim in the Ol' Man Island pool at Riverside. How long of a walk is it from POFQ to Riverside? I think our 6-year-old would really like to swim.

Also, we noticed there is a horse drawn carriage ride at Riverside. Is that something you would recommend doing?

There is a free shuttle pargo (aka golf-cart) service from FQ to Riverside which will take your straight over to the pool area and back. Or it's a very nice 10 minute or so walk. If you want to explore a bit, and maybe avoid some of the crowds, the quiet pools at Riverside are nice too - I especially like the Alligator Bayou ones.

The carriage rides are lovely, a nice genetle way to see the resort. A bit pricey these days at $65 for 25 minutes - but hey it's Disney, everything's pricey. Worth booking a slot once you know when you want to do it.

Andre

Here now and can confirm that they are swapping out all of the "fridges" for these delightful beverage coolers that can not be adjusted and barely do enough for keeping said beverages cold.
That's disappointing :\ but thanks for the heads up. Definitely won't be bothering with yogurts and cheese sticks. Might still risk the coffee creamer though

If anyone there has a chance, could you post pictures of the food court menu? I know there were more things there when I was there in August then are on the app and even allears doesn't have items I remember having, not sure if they are gone or if allears just didn't have them listed.

I am traveling with a picky adult this summer and am trying to figure out if she will eat anything at the food court for lunch/dinner or if we are going to frequently visit Disney Springs.

Hi guys! Just wanted to double check if POFQ does movies under the stars, it is not listed on online like some of the others have listed

Hello all. I booked a river view then changed to garden because my husband said we would hear the boat all night. We are light sleepers so always have white noise going. Would we hear the boat? How late does it run?

Hello all. I booked a river view then changed to garden because my husband said we would hear the boat all night. We are light sleepers so always have white noise going. Would we hear the boat? How late does it run?

The boats finish at 11pm outbound, 11:30pm last return from Springs. The occasional tooting of horns has never bothered me in River View rooms, I don't really notice it with the door shut.

Andre

We were warned about the boat horns -- never a bother. I'd rather be on the river hearing the boat (sort of reminds me of the comfort of a fog horn on a lighthouse), than close to the front next to a stairwell when all the tired children come back at the end of the night and folks are tramping up the stairs. We are early to bed, early to rise, so when the noise started around 11:00 p.m. it really did wake us up. Give me the boat horn!

The boat horns are not dissimilar to distant train horns; our daughter's home is about a mile from a major urban crossing, and every time we hear the train horns as they pass through, we holler "Sassagoula!" 😂

Greetings. I just read on another site that room refurbs start in May, one building at a time. No worries there.
Bigger news is that the service buildings, food court, lounge, lobby are all being refurbed too with work to begin in Oct.
We are scheduled for Dec and crazy as it sounds, we are food court/lounge people. We relax at the resort in the early mornings and late evenings. Super worried this will impact our trip.
Has anyone heard any specifics about a timeline?
TIA

Greetings. I just read on another site that room refurbs start in May, one building at a time. No worries there.
Bigger news is that the service buildings, food court, lounge, lobby are all being refurbed too with work to begin in Oct.
We are scheduled for Dec and crazy as it sounds, we are food court/lounge people. We relax at the resort in the early mornings and late evenings. Super worried this will impact our trip.
TIA
We are there in December as well 🤦so any information would be great. We are staying there 3 nights in June for a wedding so I am going to ask when we are there. Not having the food court would be a serious inconvenience

We are there in December as well 🤦so any information would be great. We are staying there 3 nights in June for a wedding so I am going to ask when we are there. Not having the food court would be a serious inconvenience
Same for us-to the point that I will change resorts. We haven't been to POFQ for about 5 years and I was so looking forward to returning.

TIA
Oh no. We are also booked for December. The food court probably wouldn't be an issue, but I don't want to have a torn up lobby and Scat Cat's/no beignets would definitely be an issue. The Beignets are one of the reasons we chose POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter