Disney's Riviera v. Yacht Club

Yacht Club (Standard Rm) or Riviera (Deluxe Studio) for 5 with a four year old?

• Yacht Club

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Riviera

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
They're both lovely resorts and we've enjoyed them both. The Yacht Club room will have two regular queen beds (instead of one regular queen bed & one pull-down queen bed in a Riviera studio), and will be more spacious (381 sq. ft. vs. 255 sq. ft). It's also in walking distance to Epcot. The Yacht Club's pool, Stormalong Bay, is amazing, with a large sand-bottom pool, pirate ship themed waterslide, and waterfall. It includes a sandy younger kids' play area and multiple hot tubs (not just one, like at most pools). It does have a deep area (the lazy river), but given that you have only one child and 4 adults, it should be easy to keep her always in sight at the pool. The Yacht Club is also the only Disney resort currently offering in-room dining. It also has more walkable dining options than Riviera, even taking into account which restaurants are currently closed. It's also either a long walk or a short drive from the Yacht Club to Fantasia Mini-Golf.

The Yacht Club wins hands down in this case. Bonus that it's less expensive.
Just to clarify, the Riviera Deluxe Studio is the second largest on property, at around 420 square feet. I think you were confusing it with the Tower Studio which only sleeps two people (and that thing is tiny). One other thing to consider is the Riviera has a shower and a shower/tub combo.

Just to clarify, the Riviera Deluxe Studio is the second largest on property, at around 420 square feet. I think you were confusing it with the Tower Studio which only sleeps two people (and that thing is tiny). One other thing to consider is the Riviera has a shower and a shower/tub combo.

Yes, I voted Riviera so they would get two showers!

I thought it was strange that people kept saying in this thread the yacht club room is larger when it definitely seemed the same size or smaller than Riviera to us. That explains it!

I thought it was strange that people kept saying in this thread the yacht club room is larger when it definitely seemed the same size or smaller than Riviera to us. That explains it!
Yes, Riviera is objectively larger than Yacht Club. I think Polynesian is the only studio larger than Riviera. The tower studio is a new category and I think it confuses people. I have never stayed at Yacht Club so I cannot speak intelligently on the intangibles of each resort. However, just finished a stay at Riviera and the Deluxe Studios were awesome. I literally couldn't recommend them more!

Honeymooned at Yacht Club, took kids twice in last 10 years there ( other trips we stayed at WL). But just stayed at Riviera this past thanksgiving and LOVED IT!!!! The 2 bathrooms, the easy elevator ride down to the lobby and mobile ordering at their quick service, pool was relaxing and syliners wonderful. At the moment I’m debating between both for early summer trip. Truly, you will enjoy both resorts, Adults might like yacht club better if they are early risers adn want to walk around the lake and go to Boardwalk Bakery

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter