• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the reconfiguration of the WL CL space and the reduction of 50% of the available CL space due to the conversion of the south tower into Vacation Club Villas from regular CL rooms on the 7th floor. The Front desk offers CL access for $99 per night for the duration of your stay on a a space available basis. No advanced notice or prearranged reservations are available. Just ask at the Front if $99 Old Faithful Club is available.

You also get access to the 7th Floor Old Faithful Club and it is available from any room that you may be staying and is not restricted to specific rooms. If there is space available then you can book it for $99 per night for the duration of your stay. It can be some distance from some rooms to the 7th floor.

Dave
Is this option still available do you know? Also is it available if I am staying in a BRV? Or only for the hotel rooms?

First time staying at Boulder Ridge Villa in a studio. Hoping someone could help with room/area to request. Hoping for lake view on a upper floor in room that is closest to main building. Not sure how to best word this. Appreciate any help with this.

We just returned from a stay at BRV. Our unit was 4541 with a nice lake view (coincidentally we were in the same unit last April). It’s a one-bedroom unit. We enjoyed it. I suggest you take a look at the Touring Plans site. They have photos of actual rooms and other pertinent information.

Just hopped over to this thread, as we arrive at WL on the 23rd. Bummed to hear about the construction - not panicking, but hoping it won't impact our stay. It is odd that we weren't notified, I made another reservation for November at Art of Animation, and they immediately emailed me to let me know there would be construction at the resort while we're there. The inconsistency seems strange.

Appreciate the info!

Just hopped over to this thread, as we arrive at WL on the 23rd. Bummed to hear about the construction - not panicking, but hoping it won't impact our stay. It is odd that we weren't notified, I made another reservation for November at Art of Animation, and they immediately emailed me to let me know there would be construction at the resort while we're there. The inconsistency seems strange.

Appreciate the info!
It technically isn't construction, but a room refurbishment. Maybe that makes a difference, since construction would include a lot of noise. ;)

I think we need someone who is staying there soon to see if they can find out more about what exactly they are doing to the rooms. :)

We were just there this weekend and didn't notice any construction or noise. There was a letter on our bed but then a very similar letter was waiting for us at SSR & BCV. Our room was on the 4th floor facing the lake in BRVs.

We were just there this weekend and didn't notice any construction or noise. There was a letter on our bed but then a very similar letter was waiting for us at SSR & BCV. Our room was on the 4th floor facing the lake in BRVs.

I believe the construction is only on the WL room side right now.

It technically isn't construction, but a room refurbishment. Maybe that makes a difference, since construction would include a lot of noise. ;)

I think we need someone who is staying there soon to see if they can find out more about what exactly they are doing to the rooms. :)
Ah, maybe that is the difference! I think Art of Animation's pool is going to be closed, which would definitely have more impact on a family's vacation. Maybe we'll get unbelievably lucky and get a newly refurbished room?? (just joking, didn't book club level, and I'm guessing that's all they may have done at this point...)

It's being reported that select rooms at Wilderness Lodge will be without water for February 5 through the 7th.

Water will not be available from 11:30 PM to 5:00 am.

On Feb. 5, rooms ending in 35 through 59 on the 7th floor and below will be without water. On Feb. 6 and Feb. 7, rooms ending in 60 through 87 on the 7th floor and below will be without water.

BRV renovations probably won't start until Fall.

Good morning from WL! We arrived yesterday and are happy to be here.
C1DC276F-1D98-4229-94C2-89CB582DB681.jpeg
61835BB8-752E-4660-9D52-31BFA31BC959.jpeg
2871D481-2E55-475D-BEE8-85DC622E2A9B.jpeg
6CBE0A97-C4C1-48BF-9625-F25F18A0826B.jpeg

Rooms on the 6th floor WL side are blocked off for refurbishment. There was some construction noise in the lobby mid day, but nothing too bad. Also you can’t connect to the Copper Creek side from the North (WL) wing on the 6th floor due to the refurbishment.
23FE19F9-9911-40BB-BA16-7CDE4C46B97B.jpeg

Last edited:
Can anyone advise if a standard room is requested on a high floor if you would you get a partial view of the fireworks?
I’ve been looking at touring plans resort map at the standard rooms for WL and there doesn’t seem to be that many of them and some of the views seem to be looking over to the contemporary resort.
Many thanks

Can anyone advise if a standard room is requested on a high floor if you would you get a partial view of the fireworks?
I’ve been looking at touring plans resort map at the standard rooms for WL and there doesn’t seem to be that many of them and some of the views seem to be looking over to the contemporary resort.
Many thanks

I am pretty sure any rooms with fireworks view are now being categorized as nature/fireworks view.

Many thanks
A standard view room on a high floor has a very good chance of having a partial fireworks view. If you are looking toward the Contemporary then that is the right direction. It all depends on how many trees are in the way. :)

Many thanks
All of the Standard View rooms have balconies that face to the North, which is towards MK / CR. That being said, not all have the great fireworks view, but some do.
If you want to guarantee an optimal fireworks view you can and should book a nature fireworks view room, but you can get a nice view with a standard view room. Realize that it is just a request though, and they can’t always be met. We are on a trip right now where our location and view requests were not met, but we are still having a ball.

A standard view room on a high floor has a very good chance of having a partial fireworks view. If you are looking toward the Contemporary then that is the right direction. It all depends on how many trees are in the way. :)
I agree! High floors in the x042 to x066 range can have amazing views and are not exclusively available with fireworks view bookings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter