Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Airport transport: Uber, Lyft, Tiffany Towncar, FL Tours or Tony Hinds. I think @natebenma has the contact info for Hinds.

Resort to park transport: Uber or Lyft. In the past we said go to Contemporary and walk from there to get to MK rather than drop off at TTC; not sure if that still works these days.

Have both Uber and Lyft on your phone. Check both for price and how quickly ride will arrive.

I have contact info for Ed Korgan, who we hired to drive us between Disney/Universal/MCO several times.

The first time was during our Universal trip in 2011. Tony Hinds worked for Ed Korgan's company at that time. He picked us up from the airport and brought us to Universal. He drove us between Universal and Disney during the week. These trips were excellent.

Unfortunately, on our pickup for the airport, he was late and never called to let us know about the delay. I finally called him when we were past our pick up time and he told us he was 10 minutes away. It was more than 20 minutes before he arrived. I called him 3 times while we were waiting while my husband panicked and fumed. We were lied to during two of those calls. We reamed him out when he finally arrived and it was the quietest, most awkward ride to the airport I have ever experienced.

Ed Korgan actually reached out to us by email after the trip to find out what had happened and offered us free transportation on our next visit to Orlando. He made good on that promise and we have used him a few times since. Very nice guy! Shortly after this incident, Tony Hinds started his own company. A lot of people rave about him, but we can't give a positive recommendation based on his lack of honest communication to us while we were waiting for him.

:car:

Last edited:
Ok thank you! I didn’t know which was best with Uber vs Lyft. We live in a small town so we don’t have them here to know lol
As another poster said, install both on your device. Often one is a fair amount cheaper or will arrive quicker, so for longer trips (like airport to hotel) I'll open both and choose the better option. Half the drivers are signed up with both, too, it seems.

We had a bad experience with Tony Hinds last summer, I would not recommend him. When I booked our trip I let him know that there were 4 of us but we had a lot of luggage as 3 of us were going to be down there for over two weeks. I told him specifically 6 full size large suitcases and at least 2 carryons. He said no problem at all. I called about two weeks before our trip to make sure again there would be enough room for all of us and our luggage. Well when he arrived, late, he had a full size car, no way would all of us fit with our luggage. It wasn’t a very nice car either. So we had to split up, I went with our friend and my husband and daughter stayed behind because he called someone else to come pick them up. Well after 45 min of them waiting and no one there, they called an Uber. He kept saying the driver was there for them but he couldn’t find them. They stood and waited in the exactly location that he took them to. He was taking us to Universal and then supposed to pick us up from there and take us to Disney. Needless to say we told him never mind. I didn’t pay him the full amount but I actually paid him more than I should have, the trip cost us a lot more due to the others having to take Uber. It was not a fun arrival day. Just a warning to others. I hate to say bad things about companies but I wouldn‘t want it to happen to others.

To make this BC/YC related: we are booked for the YC June 29-July 16th 2021. Hoping most things are back to normal by then. Haven’t figured out what to do about tickets yet. We want APs and I would like to make park reservations for the week of the 4th soon but they aren’t on sale yet. Also hoping to switch to BVCs for this trip, we loved having a studio.

Last edited:

No, I am home in New England. Curious to hear from anyone who is opening the parks today or who attended the Annual Passholder preview earlier this week about their experiences at the resort (BCV) and the theme parks.

I was there! We stayed at BWV 7/9-7/13. We went over to Beaches & Cream for dinner. The resort was so quiet. There was also a big blue fence on the pathway blocking SAB. It was just before you get to Hurricane Hanna's I believe.

We went to AK Saturday and MK Sunday. AK was definitely less crowded, everything was walk on. We had a few short waits at MK (BTMR, JC and we waited 30 min or Splash only to have it close down right before we got on). We encountered a few people that seemed completely unaware as far as social distancing, and sometimes there would be a bit of a cluster coming off rides but overall I was very surprised how well it went.

We are coming back 9/4-9/13, I have BWV booked again. There's a 1 BR at BCV available though and I am SOOOO tempted to book it, if only we knew about SAB opening!

I was there! We stayed at BWV 7/9-7/13. We went over to Beaches & Cream for dinner. The resort was so quiet. There was also a big blue fence on the pathway blocking SAB. It was just before you get to Hurricane Hanna's I believe.

We are coming back 9/4-9/13, I have BWV booked again. There's a 1 BR at BCV available though and I am SOOOO tempted to book it, if only we knew about SAB opening!

You mentioned the blue fence, does it block the actual walkway around the lake, or just access to SAB?
As far as Sept goes, I would book BCV, I cant imagine that the resort would open 8/24 without SAB being open

You mentioned the blue fence, does it block the actual walkway around the lake, or just access to SAB?
As far as Sept goes, I would book BCV, I cant imagine that the resort would open 8/24 without SAB being open

It appeared to be blocking the walkway from what I could see, I should have grabbed a photo but didn't think about it.

I'm so tempted! You're probably right.

Hi Dee, next time you are updating the BOG list please remove us from the list for this year. We have made the tough decision to push our trips into 2021. We will be at BC 9/8 - 9/15 after a week offsite so we can visit the dark side.

I can’t imagine it not opening either! Can you imagine the cancellations! My kids (and I lol) love that pool and there is no way I would be able to listen to them complain for a week as to why they can’t get in. We arrive on 8/24 the same day as the reopening so I really hope we get an update soon.

I saw this image on one of the "NBA" threads. Coming from the BC heading towards the YC it blocks the entire walkway. I would assume there is some blue fencing on the Dolphin side as well.

Well we’ve had to give in and cancel our two week stay at BC in September. With the rising number of cases in Florida, and the fact that as we are coming from the UK currently the borders are closed to us, it’s not worth keeping the booking any more. Gutted tonight but already planning next year 🤞🤞

Ugh! thanks for posting though. I guess that means we'd have to walk the longer way around if we wanted to walk to DHS
Actually from the BC or BCVs it's about the same or maybe even shorter to head over to the BW to get to DHS! The trick is to take the shortcut through the resort, past the clown pool to get to the walkway.
Simply head to the BW, just past the surrey bike kiosk [or the green] take a left. Take your first right past Wyland Galleries and you'll go through a walkway that's adjacent to the health club and small arcade which will bring you to the clown pool. Bear left around the pool and you'll run in to the walkway by the canal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter