• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We're eyeing copper creek as well. The small pool will take some adjustment (😉) but it looks like a nice option overall. First choose was Jambo house for 2nd largest pool on property but seems like none of the restaurants or anything else is open there.

For now, I'm still holding out hope for SAB opening in September, but that flame is starting to fade a little each day unfortunately 🤔😕

We're eyeing copper creek as well. The small pool will take some adjustment (😉) but it looks like a nice option overall. First choose was Jambo house for 2nd largest pool on property but seems like none of the restaurants or anything else is open there.

For now, I'm still holding out hope for SAB opening in September, but that flame is starting to fade a little each day unfortunately 🤔😕

Just curious, as I have no experience trying to change resorts - we're also holding out hope for SAB to be open (along with YC) on the 24th but if it doesn't, is it easy to move your reservation to another resort?

Just curious, as I have no experience trying to change resorts - we're also holding out hope for SAB to be open (along with YC) on the 24th but if it doesn't, is it easy to move your reservation to another resort?
For a hotel it shouldn't be any problem with bookings being way down. You could call the day before arrival to change resorts.

For DVC, availability can change so who knows. Normally it would be impossible but there's fair amount of availability right now due to the situation, although who knows if that'll be true in a month. To fully cancel DVC without penalty it has to be >30 days in advance, so that's the stress for me. I basically have until August 9th to make a decision for a September 9th arrival. It's be nice to have something a little more definitive than "during the initial reopening period", which is a fancy way of saying "when we decide to open it".

For a hotel it shouldn't be any problem with bookings being way down. You could call the day before arrival to change resorts.

For DVC, availability can change so who knows. Normally it would be impossible but there's fair amount of availability right now due to the situation, although who knows if that'll be true in a month. To fully cancel DVC without penalty it has to be >30 days in advance, so that's the stress for me. I basically have until August 9th to make a decision for a September 9th arrival. It's be nice to have something a little more definitive than "during the initial reopening period", which is a fancy way of saying "when we decide to open it".

Thank you! We're luckily cash guests and avoided the whole DVC mess (although sympathies to those who are having to go that route).

Page 1645

Yes open to NBA players :/ If other guests get angry, Disney hope they cancel as there's too many people as it is.

I forgot to :welcome: you to the thread!

Thanks for your input!

:goodvibes

Hey all! I have a reservation for a 1 BR at BCV for July 12-17. I keep going back and forth as to whether to move or stay. Like everyone else, I really wish that SAB was going to be open! Not just for the pool but for Hurricane Hannah's as well!

I don't know if it's true, but I saw on another site that someone there said that the quiet pool at BC was open in addition to the quiet pool at BCV. I'm hoping that is true so there is one additional option right at BC. Has anyone else heard this?

Sorry that I am so late in giving you a :welcome: to this thread, since your dates have already passed...

What did you do about your trip?

:cool2:

With the Canada/US border still being closed, we have made the very hard decision to cancel our Sept 7-14 vacation. We're so sad, but we'll be re-scheduling for next May and hope to book at BCV again!!!!

Thanks for letting us know.

::yes::

We have YC reservations for August 2021 but for us to keep them we need 2 of 3 things to happen before then:

A safe and effective vaccine 💉 (a must)

And
Room discount
Or
Win the lottery (preferred)

Hope to see you there next August!

:welcome: to the thread!!!

I'll tentatively add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I am wishing all of your conditions come true, but mostly the first one!

:thumbsup2

Page 1645

I forgot to :welcome: you to the thread!

Thanks for your input!

:goodvibes

Sorry that I am so late in giving you a :welcome: to this thread, since your dates have already passed...

What did you do about your trip?

:cool2:

Thanks for letting us know.

::yes::

:welcome: to the thread!!!

I'll tentatively add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I am wishing all of your conditions come true, but mostly the first one!

:thumbsup2
Thanks. Looking forward to a great 2021.

Page 1646

Unfortunately we're going to have to be removed from the guest list for Sept 14-18 at YC. We were so excited to try out the YC side. Will try again next year!

So sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know.

:grouphug:

Was just able to book my stay at the end of August for the Beach Club at such a very low rate. AP discount and I am smiling ear to ear! :beach: I LOVE the Beach Club, but usually it's just beyond our reach. NOT TODAY!!!! pixiedust:

:welcome: to this thread!

So glad to hear your excitement for your upcoming Beach Club stay.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Thanks!

I think I added this link to the section that has the Sunken Treasure and Oreo Bon-Bon (may they rest in pieces) recipes.

🍪🍟

Rumor has it that the Canada/US border closure will be extended past July 21, so things aren’t looking good for our August trip, the one that got moved to BWV since the NBA’ers are hogging all the YC rooms. Once it’s official, I’ll likely just modify the dates and add a trip for Feb/Mar 2021. As each trip gets cancelled, I seem to be just rescheduling it to the next “open” month without a trip. At some point, I’ll be able to actually take one of these trips, but in the meantime the hopeful planning is keeping me sane.

On the bright side of things, however, I saved $216 by switching my September YC GV from a bounceback to the new AP discount. Money thus saved, I also booked a backup trip, YC GV November 13-18, just in case my September trip gets pooched too. Gotta love retirement and a supportive DH...

Thanks for continuing to keep me busy!

I'll make the addition next time I update the list.

:woohoo:

Hi Dee,
Whenever you are updating the list could you take our May 3-13 2021 trip off :sad:
and our September trip dates are now 9/28/21 to 10/8/21 Yacht Club, Club Level :dance3:
Thank You :flower3:

Will do!

:dogdance:

Thankfully I'm not a pool person as I just moved my CBR reservation to YC for my upcoming solo trip August 28-31. I also added on to our Christmas week trip, since we canceled our Christmas cruise we decided to split stay at added BC on for December 24-27. I haven't stayed at BC before, but did like YC when I stayed previously (although didn't like hearing the guy pee every morning at 7 am on the dot, hopefully they'll have the rooms spaced out well and I won't have such a punctual bathroom user for a neighbor). Hope SAB can open once the NBA is gone for those that love it, it really is an amazing pool....which is saying something coming from someone who doesn't go to the pools.

Actually from the BC or BCVs it's about the same or maybe even shorter to head over to the BW to get to DHS! The trick is to take the shortcut through the resort, past the clown pool to get to the walkway.
Simply head to the BW, just past the surrey bike kiosk [or the green] take a left. Take your first right past Wyland Galleries and you'll go through a walkway that's adjacent to the health club and small arcade which will bring you to the clown pool. Bear left around the pool and you'll run in to the walkway by the canal!

AFAIK you can't walk to/from DHS right now. Guests are instructed to use the skyliner by the international gateway to access DHS and there was a guest that was blocked from walking from DHS to BC this week and they had to turn around and walk back to DHS and take alternative transport to get to BC.

Like everything else, this may change.

AFAIK you can't walk to/from DHS right now. Guests are instructed to use the skyliner by the international gateway to access DHS and there was a guest that was blocked from walking from DHS to BC this week and they had to turn around and walk back to DHS and take alternative transport to get to BC.

Like everything else, this may change.
Thanks for the update. Doesn't make sense, but a lot of things these days don't make sense.

Is it not possible to walk the other way around the lake, through the Boardwalk?

No there only one walkway from DHS to goes along the canal and by the Boardwalk and then you can chose to go around by the Swan & Dolphin toward the YC and BC or along the BW to the BC and YC or Epcot.

Note: the portion of the walkway between the YC and the BC is blocked currently due to the NBA teams staying at the YC.

Dave

This didn't seem right, so I posted it over on the BoardWalk thread and I got some replies:

"We are here now. We walked to DHS Wednesday and back with no problem"

"We walked to HS from BWV today and Wed. The people at BC will need to walk around the BW side to get to the HS walkway. The walkway is blocked by the ship slide and you can't go over the bridge by Swan & Dolphin."

I don't know exactly what was going on with the guest that OP posted about. But if you can walk between BoardWalk and DHS, you can betweenYC/BC and DHS. As mentioned, you would have to turn in the direction of Epcot, walk to the Boardwalk and continue on toward DHS. You can't turn in the direction of the Swan/Dolphin and walk that way, due to the walkway on the Swan/Dolphin side being blocked off for the NBA.

I think the pp realizes there is only one walk way but is asking if you can just walk around the longer way that takes you in past the BWI.
Multiple people over on the BWI forum are reporting they did just that, walk around the long way, even just yesterday.
Maybe the cast members are just telling people to use the skyliner as it is the shortest “walk” involved.

We ended up making a few park reservations since they extended our APs a month (staying off property for the first time :oops:) We did HS for about 5 hours yesterday after getting a last minute park reservation. After the park closed we rode the Skyliner, first time, from HS to Epcot and then walked back to HS to our car. We saw multiple families walking from HS to BW/BC/YC and we didn’t have a problem walking to HS. We did go through the short cut though through the BW.

It was hard seeing our favorite resort knowing we won’t be staying there till next summer. There may have been a few tears shed, lol. Doing a beach vacation instead of Disney though made us realize how much we love doing Disney vacations. Our daughter kept asking to do something else but she was the first to say how much she missed Disney, lol.

I don't know exactly what was going on with the guest that OP posted about. But if you can walk between BoardWalk and DHS, you can betweenYC/BC and DHS. As mentioned, you would have to turn in the direction of Epcot, walk to the Boardwalk and continue on toward DHS. You can't turn in the direction of the Swan/Dolphin and walk that way, due to the walkway on the Swan/Dolphin side being blocked off for the NBA.
I think the person that wasn't able to walk to DHS attempted to do so before the park had re-opened.

This didn't seem right, so I posted it over on the BoardWalk thread and I got some replies:

I'm not sure what happen with the guest that couldn't get from DHS to BC by the walkway since it wasn't me personally. Maybe they attempted to cross by the Swan/Dolphin.

I guess then that the signage in the BC lobby is just saying that the skyliner is the only disney transport and not the *only* way.

Thanks for checking into this!

We have been looking at DVC purchases for months and had ruled out all the 2042 resorts...but before we finalized our decision my wife wanted to watch a tour of each BWV and BCV, and guess what? Now we’re waiting for that perfect BCV contract to pop up somewhere.

Our kids will be 3 and 4 by the time we’re able to actually make our first visit next year and Beach Club looks like the perfect resort to stay at, play at, crash at, and eat at. I’m reading backwards through this thread so if I like an old post of yours it’s not cause I’m creeping! I’m excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter