• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

FYI. At the BC now, was just waiting for elevator on 2nd floor. There was a maintenance crew there getting instructions about painting. They are going to be painting the white trim in the hallways, and were told they would be in this building for 7 weeks

Hey everyone! Heading for our first trip to Beachclub! Oct 29 is coming fast! My question is what time is Stormalong Bay open TIL, I know it changes but wondering if anyone has been recently! Only could afford one night but we are gonna make the best of it before moving to ASMu
When I was there last weekend it was open until 10pm I think. I think the earliest it'll close is 9pm. I would recommend using SAB during the middle of the day instead of at night! Do rope drop for your first park, do the pool all afternoon, and then go back to the parks at night. That way it's warmer and you miss out on the busiest time of the day at the parks (so shorter lines!). Have fun!

We are here!
Our BCV Villa, 2 BR was ready about 2:30. I am very happy but, it is probably the worst Villa we have had. It is at the end of 2 very long halls, the very last Villa in the building in spite of the fact that I requested near elevator. It overlooks the roadway. When we opened a kitchen cabinet the top hinge came undone. However engineering fixed it within 15 minutes. The kitchen trash also was not emptied. That too was rectified immediately. This morning I requested a cutting board and colander and they were delivered immediately. Now we are settled and very satisfied.
The weather is summer like, warm, very humid and showery.
Yesterday was Hollywood Studios. It was very crowded. Tower of Terror and Toy Story were so crowded that they were only taking FP+, no standbys.
We tried the new Baseline Tap House and enjoyed it.
Today is Epcot and F&W.
We’r Off.

Unless I misunderstood you, I can't see a reason why a dog would be on the 5th floor if they promised guests that dogs would all be restricted to a certain section of the resort, most likely the first floor near the end of the building closest to the Dolphin resort. A person who booked a club level room could be assigned a room elsewhere in the resort and be given access to the lounge instead of using a 5th floor room. The dog would need to wait for an elevator before heading out to the relief area which is not very close to the main elevators.

Hi there. Last week I moved from YC to BC because the CM told me that there was no restricted area of dog rooms. They could be Garden, Woods, Pool or Water views, so basically scattered around the resort. I also asked specifically about the 1st floor rumor, and the CM said no they could be on any floor.

I did not like this uncertainty, so I moved to BC where I was assured they would not be on the grounds. Someone else reported them at the Boardwalk, and I was assured that wouldn't happen, so who really knows.

Hi there. Last week I moved from YC to BC because the CM told me that there was no restricted area of dog rooms. They could be Garden, Woods, Pool or Water views, so basically scattered around the resort. I also asked specifically about the 1st floor rumor, and the CM said no they could be on any floor.

I did not like this uncertainty, so I moved to BC where I was assured they would not be on the grounds. Someone else reported them at the Boardwalk, and I was assured that wouldn't happen, so who really knows.
Do we know for sure if the dogs that have been seen in the parks or on the Boardwalk were not service dogs? I know that there are no dogs allowed, (other than service/therapy dogs), in the parks...and everything I have read says that rule is not changing.

Do we know for sure if the dogs that have been seen in the parks or on the Boardwalk were not service dogs? I know that there are no dogs allowed, (other than service/therapy dogs), in the parks...and everything I have read says that rule is not changing.
I saw two dogs on the boardwalk Saturday that did not appear to be service dogs. One near the boardwalk and one by the YC. You could tell by the way they were walking that they were not trained service dogs. Not that they were doing anything wrong, but you could tell they were not working. Can I be 100%certain...no...you can't ask for proof even if they did say they were service dogs. I saw two other small dogs that had vests on that appeared to be therapy dogs. Saturday was the only day I saw any dogs, and I didn't see any in the parks.

FYI. At the BC now, was just waiting for elevator on 2nd floor. There was a maintenance crew there getting instructions about painting. They are going to be painting the white trim in the hallways, and were told they would be in this building for 7 weeks
It's gonna take a crew 7 weeks to paint trim?! Guys, I need to switch jobs. Work 1 week, get paid for 7!

Well I am officially booked - April 14 - 20 YC CL!! You can change my "pending a bounceback" now Dee! Found a room with a discount I could live with. The last night wasn't available unless we change rooms. So I am still debating my options for that.

I did debate changing resorts because of the dog issue. But we love YC so much, I decided we'd stick with it & see what happens. I'd really hate to not stay there & then find out it is a nonissue anyway. And I guess it is always better to form my own opinions. We don't have allergies to deal with, so that makes it easier I think.

But after booking this trip, I'm beginning to think it will be Disney's greedy overpricing that will force us to vacation elsewhere, not dogs! ;)

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

Thanks so much for asking about Teena. She is doing well, but misses Florida deeply! Whenever she flies in, she exclaims "It's green!!!"

She and her daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily moved into a home they had built in Vegas. Teena is running a very successful grading business to earn "Disney dollars" for her trips.

Teena and I just spent a week together on the Fantasy- we were supposed to cruise Sept 9-16, but Irma had something to say about that!

Teena also has several trips to the World in the coming months... next week with a friend of hers from PA, Jan, Feb and March with Lily (Jeanne, too, in March).

I'm still catching up from the cruise, and preparing for an upcoming trip, so I haven't had much time to write about the cruise or to post pictures.

View attachment 277801

Formal Night at Royal Court

Awww, thanks for the update on Teena.

Contacted Guest Services and was able to get our Marathon Weekend reservation at YC switched to BC.
If anyone has a reservation and really doesn't want to be around the dogs I strongly encourage you to call Guest Services. Even though BC shows no availability in my category online he was able to switch it while maintaining both our view and price. He said they're receiving a lot of negative feedback about the dogs and they're trying to accommodate people who are asking to be switched.

So we arrive two weeks from today (yahooooo!) at BC and since we land super early and plan to spend that Monday at SAB we were planning to have our Garden Grocer order delivered in the Sunday evening time slot (GG only delivers between 4-9pm) and then have it delivered to our room when it's ready and we arrive the following day. Has anyone done this before - had something delivered the day before you arrive to Bell Services? Just want to make sure we aren't going to cause any issues.

So we arrive two weeks from today (yahooooo!) at BC and since we land super early and plan to spend that Monday at SAB we were planning to have our Garden Grocer order delivered in the Sunday evening time slot (GG only delivers between 4-9pm) and then have it delivered to our room when it's ready and we arrive the following day. Has anyone done this before - had something delivered the day before you arrive to Bell Services? Just want to make sure we aren't going to cause any issues.

We just did this exact thing in September. It was there waiting for us when we checked in the next day.

I did on line check in. It didn't allow me any room request choices. There were 2 spots, but both were empty...:confused3

I did on line check in. It didn't allow me any room request choices. There were 2 spots, but both were empty...:confused3
Yeah, that page has been glitchy for a long time...sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. If you have a trip coming up soon, you might want to call in for your room location requests (or have your TA do it, if you went that route). We're checking in on Sunday, and I put my requests in using my TA, but also the online checkin a month ago...i've had to redo the online one several times, and now nothing shows... Hope my TA was more successful!

Some of Disney's deluxe resorts will soon be offering revised hours for their private in-room dining services.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort, and Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will be losing their 24 hour private dining.

New resort private dining hours effective October 29 2017

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
  • Breakfast - 6am to noon
  • All day dining - Noon to 11pm
  • Late Night - 11pm to 2am
Source: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...dining-at-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

So let's see. You can't get 24 hour room service. You will be fighting with more people to get Fastpasses at the 60 day mark (more hotels given the privilege). There may be dogs in the hotel and/or there might have been dogs in your room before you checked in. There will be a gondola overhead so that people at other hotels can get to Epcot and Hollywood Studios easily, which I believe will detract from the ambience.

Seems like Disney is not showing a lot of love to the Yacht Club (among other resorts) these days.

When I was there last weekend it was open until 10pm I think. I think the earliest it'll close is 9pm. I would recommend using SAB during the middle of the day instead of at night! Do rope drop for your first park, do the pool all afternoon, and then go back to the parks at night. That way it's warmer and you miss out on the busiest time of the day at the parks (so shorter lines!). Have fun!

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter