Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

i have a really dumb question. i really havent swam for over twenty years. my last trip to boardwalk, i made an attempt to swim but got overwhelmed by the pool, even the quiet pools and fled because of the issue below. this time im staying at BC specifically to overcome this fear and enjoy Stormalong - so i want to prepare in advance for what scared me off at boardwalk!

if all the chairs are taken - where do you put your stuff!?!?! your shoes, your towel, your coverup. i know lockers are for possessions, but these are the items you want when you step out of the water. can you just...put them on the ground? i know no pool etiquette! im a solo traveler, i have no help!

any feedback appreciated, and sorry for the novice questions!

i have a really dumb question. i really havent swam for over twenty years. my last trip to boardwalk, i made an attempt to swim but got overwhelmed by the pool, even the quiet pools and fled because of the issue below. this time im staying at BC specifically to overcome this fear and enjoy Stormalong - so i want to prepare in advance for what scared me off at boardwalk!

if all the chairs are taken - where do you put your stuff!?!?! your shoes, your towel, your coverup. i know lockers are for possessions, but these are the items you want when you step out of the water. can you just...put them on the ground? i know no pool etiquette! im a solo traveler, i have no help!

any feedback appreciated, and sorry for the novice questions!

The main pool at the Boardwalk felt like a mob scene to me. It was impossible to swim in the pool; too many kids.

You might want to start at one of the quiet pools to get more comfortable and then move over to Stormalong.

I would think you should be able to find 1 chair for your shoes, towel and coverup if you look in all areas around the pool. People who report problems probably are looking for more than one chair, and they probably want it in a specific location (sun, shade, near a particular part of the pool, etc.).

Thank you for the very helpful live-on-the-spot info.

Think of me as you ride the small boat around the world!

:hug:

I did think of you! That was such a funny coincidence to run in to you twice that day!

We took time yesterday to wash our clothes and managed to lose three socks. What the heck? The quiet pool remains open but it’s not overly relaxing with the work being done. It wasn’t at all crowded, at least. The jib slide has been closed several times so the pool it empties into can be cleaned. It’s a bit silly at this point.

If anyone is contemplating using the Sandcastle Club before it closes at the end of July, we’ve used it twice this trip. Last night, we all planned to go to the MK since it was open until 1. My 6-year-old wanted to go back to the Sandcastle club instead. She had a fabulous time. It was pirate night. They met Captain Hook and made little pirate ships. They also got string bags to decorate and keep. I’m so sad they’re closing it. I guess the one at the contemporary will remain but that’s it. Another dad and I talked about how upset we were. I’m going to write an email, not that it will likely help. But it’s such a fun place for them to go.

Here now and did this at Hurricane Hannah’s yesterday. When we ordered our entree the CM stated it came with our choice of drink OR snack (we were holding our refillable mugs). We got veggies and hummus, chocolate chip cookie, and Mickey bars instead of drinks no problem!
Thanks for the update, this sounds good to me. A meal with a Mickey bar, then a snack over at the Boardwalk Bakery will work for us.

Staying at BC standard room July 18-22, what are our chances of getting a daybed? How many standard rooms have daybeds?

Thanks all! So excited, main goal of this trip is pool/resort time with morning park time!

First did you request a day bed on your reservation? If you don't already have it listed as your first request, you should call and have a day bed request noted on your reservation.

Next up, how many individuals are sharing your room? If you have 5 guests listed on your reservation, you will be given priority over a room reservation with 2-3 guests that also makes the same request for a room with a day bed.

There is good distribution of rooms with a day bed but not near 100% in any booking category. I always use the 50/50 rule for your odds of a day bed and or a Juliette balcony vs a full balcony at the BC.

Note: to increase your odds slightly of being able to get a day bed, consider arriving at the resort earlier in the day if possible. This would allow the front desk CM see if there might be room with a day bed available to move you to if by some chance they don't already have you assigned to a room with a day bed.

Dave

My wife and I will be staying in a studio room at the Beach Club Villas for the first time. We know about the difference in how housekeeping works since we did the point rental process. Is there anything else in general we need to know about when staying in a DVC room? Any tips/suggestions would be welcome.

My wife and I will be staying in a studio room at the Beach Club Villas for the first time. We know about the difference in how housekeeping works since we did the point rental process. Is there anything else in general we need to know about when staying in a DVC room? Any tips/suggestions would be welcome.

If there are no ceramic coffee mugs in the room, call Housekeeping and they will bring as many as you wish. If using the pull out sofa bed, check that it is made up before bedtime. If not, call and request Housekeeping make up the bed. Not fun to discover you need to put sheets on the bed at the last minute.

Housekeeping will bring more toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, dishwashing liquid, trash bags at any time if you ask. No charge.

Hi everyone! Just got back from an amazing stay at YC, our 4th time staying at this resort, and our 5th time to Disney as a family. I wanted to give a recap of the YC pointing out the highlights, and areas that might need room for improvement. Overall we had a spectacular week and enjoyed bonding as a family, we are exhausted at the same time and it's good to be home sweet home now!

Positives:
- Love the new room design, very well appointed rooms and tons of shelves, hangers, drawers, space to put everything away so you can keep your room pretty tidy and clutter free.
- Bed is sooo absolutely comfortable, I seriously want the same bed in my house. Room was nice and dark with curtains pulled, we definitely had to set our alarm as I could see myself easily sleeping in because it was so comfortable!!!
- Loved the keurig, used it every morning along with the to go cups
- Figured out midweek that there were healthier choices in the cooler at the Market at Ale & Compass (instead of ordering at Hurricane Hannahs). I loved the cheese and charcuterie boxes to go, and I had a tasty turkey sandwich with brie and pears. We also loved the beverage machine to refill and customize drinks.
- We did see probably 6 or 7 dogs, none of which bothered us and they made us miss our pooch at home.
- While our room was not near the lobby as we requested, it was at the end of a hallway which made it extremely quiet! We didn't hear much the whole trip other than some trucks beeping from time to time.
- Some of the pool greeters really had a personality this time around- enjoyed their humor and upbeat personality.
- There were hug tubs of bug spray by the pool, and complimentary aloe in the rooms which I thought was a nice touch.
- Hubby and I enjoyed a glass of wine after the parks at the Ale & Compass lounge and it's a nice relaxing place to unwind.
- I loved all of the vineyard vines merchandise but didn't buy any bc it was just standard apparel. I wish they had disney touches on them, or even yacht club and then I would definitely splurge on something to bring home!

Negatives:
- The biggest downside was that our room request wasn't really honored, which I know is not guaranteed. However, we landed at 11:30 and went right to the hotel. We did online check-in so I received a msg that we would be notified when the room was ready. On all paperwork and apps it says that the check in is at 3 so we had hoped for earlier, but at the very latest 3. We planned our day so we would hang at the pool, then check in and hit the parks. Unfortunately, our room was ready at 4, an HOUR past check in time, and when we went to our room our magical express bags were not there either (the magical express driver said they take up to 3 hours, but at this point we were going on almost 5 hours since landing). This screwed our whole night up, and on top of it, our room was not close to the lobby which was pretty much our only request. (I also asked for a balcony which is almost a guarantee at YC and 2 beds since we traveled with our son). Anyhow, just a frustrating start to our vacation and I don't think I would do online check in again.
- The downside of the new design is it's nice and elegant, but not very "disney" and that might turn some people off. I remember staying at the Contemporary when my son was 2 and it was a little cold in it's design, and although I don't need in your face Disney, some hidden mickeys here and there, or other character decor would be nice. We could have been staying at an offsite hotel, you could barely see any disney touches anymore. Also, the signature smell of the YC seemed very faint to me this time. We walked over to BC today and their smell is almost overpowering but you can recognize it. This year the YC just seemed subdued in a lot of ways.
- The service at Hurricane Hannah's was very poor I'm afraid to report. Even during non busy times, it just seemed like the staff didn't know what was going on and it was very chaotic and unorganized unfortunately.
- Pool piggies are in full force, even though there is a sign at every entrance stating that you are not to reserve seats with towels, etc. We got a table one evening, and only because it was pretty late. It's a pain when you want to sit and eat your lunch and see that all of the tables are "reserved" and no one is sitting at them.
- Lastly, we were a little disappointed with mouse keeping...we were not in the room very often at all, but maybe bc we were at the end of the hall we were overlooked? One day they came super late, and another day a gentleman knocked even through we had the sign on the door. We told him we needed service and we would be leaving in 10 min and they never came back, weird. Also, on the first floor hallway we saw chocolate covered strawberries from room service that sat in the hallway for 2 days?!?! I'm sorry but that's pretty unacceptable for the amount this hotel charges, it was pretty gross!

I'm sorry my list of negatives outweighed the positives but just some kinks that may need to be worked out. Overall, we were happy with our stay and my son wanted to hang out at Stormalong Bay every day all day, which is completely a reason to stay if we ever come back again. Let me know if you have any questions ,sorry so lengthy but it's all fresh on my mind right now!

Last edited:
I'm finally checking in from the Beach Club. DH and I arrived Tuesday morning with my sister, son and two grandsons. We got really great rooms with a view of the cherry picker that they used to paint our balcony today. ;) I also have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. We are having a great time and have spent a lot of time at SAB. The grandsons love playing volleyball in the pool and all the other fun stuff. It has been hot, though and us Northerners are having a tough time lasting more than a couple hours at a park. But that means more time for the pool. We had a really good meal at Ohana tonight and the rest of the family took the monorail to Epcot after dinner. This was my first chance to spend a little time relaxing before I head into Epcot to meet up for Illuminations.

If I am wrong about this I will take no offense at being corrected!

::yes::
I can see some of those deluxe rooms from our room and you are right. :)

You will have a real basket type coffee pot and I always brought my own coffee and filters when we stayed at the BCVs.

I'm finally checking in from the Beach Club. DH and I arrived Tuesday morning with my sister, son and two grandsons. We got really great rooms with a view of the cherry picker that they used to paint our balcony today. ;) I also have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. We are having a great time and have spent a lot of time at SAB. The grandsons love playing volleyball in the pool and all the other fun stuff. It has been hot, though and us Northerners are having a tough time lasting more than a couple hours at a park. But that means more time for the pool. We had a really good meal at Ohana tonight and the rest of the family took the monorail to Epcot after dinner. This was my first chance to spend a little time relaxing before I head into Epcot to meet up for Illuminations.

I can see some of those deluxe rooms from our room and you are right. :)

You will have a real basket type coffee pot and I always brought my own coffee and filters when we stayed at the BCVs.

Happy you’re having a great time!!

First did you request a day bed on your reservation? If you don't already have it listed as your first request, you should call and have a day bed request noted on your reservation.

Next up, how many individuals are sharing your room? If you have 5 guests listed on your reservation, you will be given priority over a room reservation with 2-3 guests that also makes the same request for a room with a day bed.

There is good distribution of rooms with a day bed but not near 100% in any booking category. I always use the 50/50 rule for your odds of a day bed and or a Juliette balcony vs a full balcony at the BC.

Note: to increase your odds slightly of being able to get a day bed, consider arriving at the resort earlier in the day if possible. This would allow the front desk CM see if there might be room with a day bed available to move you to if by some chance they don't already have you assigned to a room with a day bed.

Dave
Thanks for the help!

Just got back Tuesday! We'd booked a SV CL room, and we were thrilled to see Velma, Hyacinth and Jenny again. :goodvibes Had a funny experience, though:

CM checking us in (one we hadn't met before): Your room is ready, but we've had to move you to one with a King bed. We'll bring a rollaway for your son.

Me, appalled: A King room??? How did that happen???

CM, looking concerned by my reaction: Unfortunately the availability of the rooms worked out this way. We can find a new room for you tomorrow if you'd like.

Me, really disappointed because of the kiddo being on a rollaway: No, that's not necessary, we'll make it work.

So off we go down the hall, looking for our SV room. We get further and further along the hall, still trying to find it, and I'm feeling even more frustrated, thinking we're going to end up in one of the rooms with the shared balcony. Then the room numbers don't match or make sense all of a sudden. We turn around, completely confused, spend a few more minutes trying to figure out where the heck the room is located.

There was a reason for this. Our room? Was 5198. And it isn't SV. :love:

upload_2018-6-14_21-54-11.png

I went back to the desk and told the CM, "If you ever have the gross misfortune to check me in again, PLEASE feel free to say to me, 'Hey, GOOFY! You're getting an upgrade!!!'" :tink:

DS loved the rollaway. We had tons of space in the room even with the additional furniture. I felt like the Queen of Disney on my monster king bed. It was completely wonderful. :love:

Hi everyone! Just got back from an amazing stay at YC, our 4th time staying at this resort, and our 5th time to Disney as a family. I wanted to give a recap of the YC pointing out the highlights, and areas that might need room for improvement. Overall we had a spectacular week and enjoyed bonding as a family, we are exhausted at the same time and it's good to be home sweet home now!

Positives:
- Love the new room design, very well appointed rooms and tons of shelves, hangers, drawers, space to put everything away so you can keep your room pretty tidy and clutter free.
- Bed is sooo absolutely comfortable, I seriously want the same bed in my house. Room was nice and dark with curtains pulled, we definitely had to set our alarm as I could see myself easily sleeping in because it was so comfortable!!!
- Loved the keurig, used it every morning along with the to go cups
- Figured out midweek that there were healthier choices in the cooler at the Market at Ale & Compass (instead of ordering at Hurricane Hannahs). I loved the cheese and charcuterie boxes to go, and I had a tasty turkey sandwich with brie and pears. We also loved the beverage machine to refill and customize drinks.
- We did see probably 6 or 7 dogs, none of which bothered us and they made us miss our pooch at home.
- While our room was not near the lobby as we requested, it was at the end of a hallway which made it extremely quiet! We didn't hear much the whole trip other than some trucks beeping from time to time.
- Some of the pool greeters really had a personality this time around- enjoyed their humor and upbeat personality.
- There were hug tubs of bug spray by the pool, and complimentary aloe in the rooms which I thought was a nice touch.
- Hubby and I enjoyed a glass of wine after the parks at the Ale & Compass lounge and it's a nice relaxing place to unwind.
- I loved all of the vineyard vines merchandise but didn't buy any bc it was just standard apparel. I wish they had disney touches on them, or even yacht club and then I would definitely splurge on something to bring home!

Negatives:
- The biggest downside was that our room request wasn't really honored, which I know is not guaranteed. However, we landed at 11:30 and went right to the hotel. We did online check-in so I received a msg that we would be notified when the room was ready. On all paperwork and apps it says that the check in is at 3 so we had hoped for earlier, but at the very latest 3. We planned our day so we would hang at the pool, then check in and hit the parks. Unfortunately, our room was ready at 4, an HOUR past check in time, and when we went to our room our magical express bags were not there either (the magical express driver said they take up to 3 hours, but at this point we were going on almost 5 hours since landing). This screwed our whole night up, and on top of it, our room was not close to the lobby which was pretty much our only request. (I also asked for a balcony which is almost a guarantee at YC and 2 beds since we traveled with our son). Anyhow, just a frustrating start to our vacation and I don't think I would do online check in again.
- The downside of the new design is it's nice and elegant, but not very "disney" and that might turn some people off. I remember staying at the Contemporary when my son was 2 and it was a little cold in it's design, and although I don't need in your face Disney, some hidden mickeys here and there, or other character decor would be nice. We could have been staying at an offsite hotel, you could barely see any disney touches anymore. Also, the signature smell of the YC seemed very faint to me this time. We walked over to BC today and their smell is almost overpowering but you can recognize it. This year the YC just seemed subdued in a lot of ways.
- The service at Hurricane Hannah's was very poor I'm afraid to report. Even during non busy times, it just seemed like the staff didn't know what was going on and it was very chaotic and unorganized unfortunately.
- Pool piggies are in full force, even though there is a sign at every entrance stating that you are not to reserve seats with towels, etc. We got a table one evening, and only because it was pretty late. It's a pain when you want to sit and eat your lunch and see that all of the tables are "reserved" and no one is sitting at them.
- Lastly, we were a little disappointed with mouse keeping...we were not in the room very often at all, but maybe bc we were at the end of the hall we were overlooked? One day they came super late, and another day a gentleman knocked even through we had the sign on the door. We told him we needed service and we would be leaving in 10 min and they never came back, weird. Also, on the first floor hallway we saw chocolate covered strawberries from room service that sat in the hallway for 2 days?!?! I'm sorry but that's pretty unacceptable for the amount this hotel charges, it was pretty gross!

I'm sorry my list of negatives outweighed the positives but just some kinks that may need to be worked out. Overall, we were happy with our stay and my son wanted to hang out at Stormalong Bay every day all day, which is completely a reason to stay if we ever come back again. Let me know if you have any questions ,sorry so lengthy but it's all fresh on my mind right now!

Glad you had a good trip but sorry you had some issues. Please write to the Yacht & Beach Club General Mgr. Kim Marinaccio
WDW.GM.YachtandBeach@Disney.com
What you posted above is what I would send. I try to write a note much like your post for each stay, stating the positives and any disappointments I may have encountered. Her office will get back to you fairly quickly to address your concerns. If you don't let them know about issues, they can't fix them. They will try to make it right for you and your family.
Honestly, if more people let them know how great their stay was or if there were any disappointments, it would only make the Y&BC better.

So excited that our dvc rental has gone through for next spring! We will be back at BCV Feb 28-Mar 10. We absolutely adored the beach club last year and are looking forward to another great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter