Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

3. One thing I didn’t realize about Hurricane Hanna’s was that the bar and restaurant are separate. I was planning to get a fresh cocktail with my QS meal credit, but they weren’t serving those at the restaurant. Instead they had some the Cutwater canned cocktails, wine, and beer. Not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it.

You can order the full restaurant menu at the bar if you want to use your QS credit to get a fun drink and a burder. I was at BWV earlier this month and did this twice at Hanna's when we were walking around Crescent lake.

Nice review @mckenk. I'm going to be at Yacht Club on Wednesday the first time and we can't wait. Was there anything in particular that took two hours for Magical Express? I love the free service, but it's tough to be in Orlando and not heading towards Disney.

Nice review @mckenk. I'm going to be at Yacht Club on Wednesday the first time and we can't wait. Was there anything in particular that took two hours for Magical Express? I love the free service, but it's tough to be in Orlando and not heading towards Disney.

Thanks! Part of that time includes deboarding the plane and using the restroom. We were the last people on the bus, so it left the airport fairly soon after we got on. But the bus stopped at three resorts before arriving at the Beach Club. And, when we got there, there was another ME bus already there, so we had to sit and wait for 5-10 minutes, (which was tortuous because we could have gotten off and walked and been to the resort in 30 seconds, lol).

Thanks! Part of that time includes deboarding the plane and using the restroom. We were the last people on the bus, so it left the airport fairly soon after we got on. But the bus stopped at three resorts before arriving at the Beach Club. And, when we got there, there was another ME bus already there, so we had to sit and wait for 5-10 minutes, (which was tortuous because we could have gotten off and walked and been to the resort in 30 seconds, lol).
Oh yes. Yacht and Beach Club are "special" in that only one bus is allowed in the drop-off area. It can be terrible!!

The last time I stayed at YC we stopped at CBR and BW which is normal. We waited sooooo long at BC that our driver even started getting antsy and another ME bus was stuck waiting behind us to drop off. I got off with my family at BC and walked out the back of the resort to get to YC :rotfl: I could have honestly made it to YC faster getting off at BW and walking it.

Just booked a cabana for September 29th! We had no intention of booking one this trip, but due some snafus in making dining reservations this morning we ended up changing around our whole schedule and found we had a whole day suddenly completely open! The CM I spoke with was awesome, she noted there was a discount for AP and DVC, but sadly not for Disney Visa (I tried!). She said the half day morning rental was from 10-2, and for our date cost $158.69 with tax. We're so excited to try these!

Just booked a cabana for September 29th! We had no intention of booking one this trip, but due some snafus in making dining reservations this morning we ended up changing around our whole schedule and found we had a whole day suddenly completely open! The CM I spoke with was awesome, she noted there was a discount for AP and DVC, but sadly not for Disney Visa (I tried!). She said the half day morning rental was from 10-2, and for our date cost $158.69 with tax. We're so excited to try these!

Seems like a great price! I'm wondering if the time of year makes a difference, or if the morning sessions are cheaper then the afternoon sessions. With an AP discount, the best I could get was $180.00 for an afternoon session in May. Well done!

Seems like a great price! I'm wondering if the time of year makes a difference, or if the morning sessions are cheaper then the afternoon sessions. With an AP discount, the best I could get was $180.00 for an afternoon session in May. Well done!

Yeah, I was surprised it was that low, I was expecting more especially being a weekend! I know September is considered "slow", but it's also prime pool weather!

Page 1425-1426

Hi Dee! Please add our return trip (been 3 times before and only have stayed at the BC!) for September 21-28 BC Suite! Excited to be coming with all grandkids and the "cousins"! Thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add the trip with your ohana to the list.

:cool1:

I'll be heading back in May, hooray! Yacht Club May 10-13. I wish I'd remembered the Regatta run when I booked...I usually do Friday-Monday but the darn run is Thursday mornings. I want that pin!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

We will be checking into BC CL this Saturday and then YC standard on 4/5! If anyone has any great trip reports you could tag me in or reference page numbers I would appreciate it!

Here's your official :welcome:

Have a fantastic trip!

:cool2:

Do they do hair braiding by the pool at beach club? If so, does anyone know how much they charge?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

This picture/post is a couple of years old, so I'm not sure if the price and hours are still the same.

If someone thinks to check in the next week or so, please let us know!

Hair Wrapping
$2 per inch plus price of beads
Hours: 10 am to 5 pm

Thanks for the picture, BigAWL!

:hippie:

Hello! Hoping someone can help me with room selection at the YC. We have a garden/woods view room and are staying a few days at the end of October with our will be 2 year old.

Unless I am missing something about the layout of the room, we are going to be at our son’s mercy while sharing a room. I’m thinking that we would be better served by a ground-floor room with patio that we can hang out on at night and have drinks and chat.

Ground floor would make it easier for one of us to be able to run out to a bar and pick up a drink to bring back to the room. Can anyone suggest a good spot for that? Just want to request a convenient location.

Also, if anyone has any experience about sharing the room with a toddler in a pack and play I am “all ears”. Thanks so much!

I'll add your trip to the list.

My kids were much older during our stays at the resort, so I will leave it to others to give their input for you.

The YC rooms have full balconies so that is an option for some time away and out of sight if you plan your beverage acquisition properly

::yes::.

Last edited:
Page 1426

I've been avoiding this place because I've been trying to get myself excited for our upcoming stay at the Swan. Nice hotel just not Disney and we all really missed that feeling when we stayed at the Dolphin for a quick trip Last Fall....but then Tuesday happened and we're staying at our first love - BC!!! Happened to check for availability and then an AP discount so how could we say no!?! You guys are the only group that gets why we're SO SO excited and happy! 9 days!!! party:

:welcome: home!!!

That is excellent news.

I'll add your trip to the list.

:cool1:

Just booked two nights for YC for my upcoming trip. YC Club Level. Have never been to Stormalong Bay and really want to try it. Have only done Club Level once at Disney and that was at Boardwalk. Hopefully it as good as Boardwalk was.

:welcome:

When is your trip?

I have heard great things about the BW Club Level so I'll be interested in hearing your comparison after your stay.

Have a great time!

:goodvibes

Good Morning Everyone.... We decided to switch back to our favorite resort and will be back at the BC 8/14-8/21. Can’t wait to return “Home”.

Dee.... please add us back to the BOG list when you can!!

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

Hey Family.....Since mommyrosa2 is adding on I might as well throw my dates in.

January 8th through the 15th at BCV's. Marathon Week Trip with Sisters #11!

:welcome: home!

It always makes me smile when I read about your traditional family trip.

:woohoo:

Checking in to the Villas as well on the 8th for marathon weekend! Only a couple of weeks before we register!

:welcome: home!

Always good to see you back again for another marathon trip!

:cheer2:

Hi Everyone! We stayed at the Beach Club a couple of weeks ago. It was our first stay there and we loved it! We absolutely loved the pool, being in the middle of the Crescent Lake action, and being close to the Boardwalk.

I thought it might be helpful to share a few things:

1. We took DME and it was 2 hours from the time we stepped off the plane until we got to the resort. (Our plane landed at 3:00 PM).

2. We ate at Hurricane Hanna’s twice. My husband had a burger both times and liked them. I had the chicken sandwich and quinoa wrap. The chicken sandwich was salty, but I was so hungry that I didn’t care. The quinoa wrap was just okay, but I liked it because it had a ton of veggies. Overall I would say the food quality is typical for a bar and grill.

3. One thing I didn’t realize about Hurricane Hanna’s was that the bar and restaurant are separate. I was planning to get a fresh cocktail with my QS meal credit, but they weren’t serving those at the restaurant. Instead they had some the Cutwater canned cocktails, wine, and beer. Not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it.

4. I was worried about my kids not having sand pails for the pool, but there were tons of the pails from Hurricane Hanna’s laying around.

5. We had mixed feelings about the Freestyle machines. One was broken, and the one that was working had a finicky touchscreen. It made for longish waits and frustration. But we liked the variety of choices.

6. We had a ton of fun pin trading. It was our first time, and we learned they have a book behind the check-in counter and a big board in the Sandcastle Club.

We stayed in a DVC studio. I'll try to share some balcony views when I get a chance!

Thank you so much for your excellent review of your stay. I love the details you included. Very helpful! I am going to add a link to your post to our trip review section on Page 1, Post 16.

:thumbsup2

What are the hours for bell services? On our arrival day we plan on heading to MK for PM EMH and won’t be back until close to 1am. The luggage will need to go into storage if our room isn’t ready (which I’m assuming it won’t be at 11am). We are not coming by DME.

Thanks!

Me, DD15, and DH will be at the Yachtclub CL June 18-22. DH's 1st time to WDW, and our last time as AP's for 2 years til SWGE hopefully dies down.

One more question: if we have them transfer our luggage from ASMo to YC CL, will it show up in our room or will we need to stop at bell desk?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter