Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1662-1663

View attachment 518085
So happy I don’t have my switch my reservation!!!

Woo-hoo!!!

Always great to see this in writing.

:woohoo:

Hey there from a Y&BC newbie! DH and I are staying at YC the week of Aug 31 and we're pumped! It's been a DREAM of ours to stay there and we couldn't pass up the price tag right now. Glad to see SAB might be open, and it's been fun already to read through this thread.

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

OK it's official, SAB opening August 24th!

View attachment 518116

OFFICIAL!!!

Sweet!

:fish:

I am so happy to hear this finally confirmed now but alas I have already rebooked a 2 bedroom at the Rivera and now we are actually very excited to have our own king size bed room and private bath while the rest of my family share the other 2 Queen room and living area. I'm gonna miss SAB but trying something new this year and all the space and luxury has me excited. I really thought I would change back to my 2 rooms at YC once I heard SAB would open but after reading all the Rivera reviews "I think I'm gonna like it here....."

Once again, wishing your family a most excellent trip!

:earsgirl::earsboy:

Hmmm. I just called and was told the cabanas were not yet available to book. Think I should try calling again?

:welcome: to this forum!

I see in a subsequent post that you were able to rent a cabana. Thanks for the details!

I'll add your Labor Day trip to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

What secret entrance?

:ssst: Shhhh!

Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

This is the room closest to the entrance to help you find the exit from inside.

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM. The doors locks have been fitted with an RFID chip so that you can gain entry using your Magic Band.

A little more detail about the YC Secret Entrance

Thanks, pixarmom, for the photos and info!

:ssst:

Most rooms have a full balcony (exceptions: 5163, 4163, 3163, 2163 and 1163)

Actually, I'm not sure if this is right.... looking at photos from Touring plans, as well as Google Earth, it looks likethe fifth floor room, 5163, is the only one without a balcony.... the others including the ground floor look like the do have a balcony or patio (1st floor), as well as windows on the side. They are water view rooms, but wow, seems those would be the best as far as light from all the windows
1597518800483.png

@jlundee you are 100% correct and I am the source that provided Dee with the bad information on the 4163, 3163, 2163 and 1163. I posted it a couple of years ago while the discussion was focused on CL room 5163 having no balcony or even a window on the Crescent lake side.

I meant to add more discussion about the additional rooms directly below 5163 but lost my train of thought and they all ended up in the same sentence. My bad :oops: :(

Dave

@jlundee you are 100% correct and I am the source that provided Dee with the bad information on the 4163, 3163, 2163 and 1163. I posted it a couple of years ago while the discussion was focused on CL room 5163 having no balcony or even a window on the Crescent lake side.

I meant to add more discussion about the additional rooms directly below 5163 but lost my train of thought and they all ended up in the same sentence. My bad :oops: :(

Dave
Hey, no issues..,.. I have seen that posted a few times and always meant to comment... but I kept forgetting to do it.... :tongue:

I'm glad I did know about the one on 5th floor, though, when I stayed there a few years ago and they wanted to upgrade me to that room.... They thought I was nuts when I turned them down and opted for a room close to Club Room with that HUMONGOUS balcony. I was very happy there!

Actually, I'm not sure if this is right.... looking at photos from Touring plans, as well as Google Earth, it looks likethe fifth floor room, 5163, is the only one without a balcony.... the others including the ground floor look like the do have a balcony or patio (1st floor), as well as windows on the side. They are water view rooms, but wow, seems those would be the best as far as light from all the windows
View attachment 518671

Dave

Yeah, these rooms always confused me- I tried to get a handle on them for the longest time.

I think I get it now-

5163 does not have a balcony, but there is a side window that looks out over the wedding gazebo and the lake.

Room 5163

4163, 3163, 2163 are corner rooms that have enclosed balconies on the lake side and windows that overlook the wedding gazebo courtyard.

The pictures MickeyT posted in the Yacht Club Room View thread have helped me understand what these rooms are like.

Room 4163

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Double checking- do the sliding doors at YC have a screen? So if I wanted to leave the slider open for fresh air, could I do that without having bugs fly in?
While out shopping, today, I came across a product that serves as a temporary screen over open patio doors. One style cost $3.99, and the other was $4.99. The box is definitely small enough to tuck in a carry-on bag. I saw them on sale at Menard’s, which has stores in the Midwest.
https://www.menards.com/main/doors-...etic-screen-door/02006/p-3289655538114536.htmC2C02665-C5E5-495B-BC8B-71BD4D6AA429.jpeg0C93074E-AD17-4A81-90F2-13F713DDA2B9.jpeg

Last edited:
While out shopping, today, I came across a product that serves as a temporary screen over open patio doors. One style cost $3.99, and the other was $4.99. The box is definitely small enough to tuck in a carry-on bag. I saw them on sale at Menard’s, which has stores in the Midwest.
https://www.menards.com/main/doors-...etic-screen-door/02006/p-3289655538114536.htmView attachment 518792View attachment 518797
OMG this is perfect! Totally getting this! Thanks so much!

OMG this is perfect! Totally getting this! Thanks so much!
If you have Menard’s stores in your area, these are on clearance, so not sure how long they will be in stock.

I did an online search and found similar items from other vendors, such as Amazon, but not close in cost.

If you do purchase and use, please report back on how it worked out. Until your post, I never thought of a screen over the open patio door. As long as it’s not super hot and humid, I much prefer the fresh air over the A/C.

BTW, I bought two and am placing one in my bag, for whenever I return to the YC.

If you have Menard’s stores in your area, these are on clearance, so not sure how long they will be in stock.

I did an online search and found similar items from other vendors, such as Amazon, but not close in cost.

If you do purchase and use, please report back on how it worked out. Until your post, I never thought of a screen over the open patio door. As long as it’s not super hot and humid, I much prefer the fresh air over the A/C.

BTW, I bought two and am placing one in my bag, for whenever I return to the YC.
Another awesome tip! We don’t have a Menards near us but they were selling them for $3.99 online! I am staying at OKW in November (if we make it there) in a 2BR with friends. We are going to try these out there first, and I’ll report back.
Thanks again for the great tip!!

This is same type of product from another manufacturer. I would not use the tacks, however, due to potential damage.

So it looks like you have to put down one side of the stick-on velcro, right on the wood. I guess I would be afraid of it pulling up the paint taking it off. I think I would be reluctant to use something like this as it may cause damage.

Page 1664-1666

I heard the NBA will be leaving YC soon (if not already gone). Has anyone noticed the blue tarps coming down yet? We will be at BWV next week and it would be lovely if they were down so we can walk all the way around the lake. :)

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Have a fantastic vacation!

:goodvibes

Are adults allowed to wear "swim belts" in SAB? I always put on one of those yellow straight jackets when I go into the lazy river/whirlpool....but just hoping I can wear one of those simple blue belts. Any ideas?

:welcome: to this forum!

When is your trip? YC or BCV?

I know that you are not allowed to bring your own inflatable floats from home, or anything that obscures the lifeguards' views of the pool water, but pool noodles are allowed and I agree with ~Ninjamom's analysis. Personal Flotation Devices are allowed and have been provided poolside in the past. I will be interested in reports from guests about whether they are still available to those who need them, either serve yourself or upon request.

:fish:

Yes, you can wear that swim belt in any pool at Disney.
I believe there is also a selection of life jackets that may be available, but in the era of Covid-19, those jackets may have been removed, so it's best that you bring your own swim belt.

:fish::fish::fish:🦈:fish::fish:

~NM

:thanks:

Has anyone used a portable crib or pack-n-play in a BCV studio with the couch bed open? I am trying to figure out where the crib would fit. It looks like really tight quarters.

When we stayed at the GC we placed it at the end of one of the queen beds. Is there even room to do that in a BCV studio?

When is your trip?

Ninja Mom,
I don't where to look in your signature, but I like it!! :flower1:

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

:banana::banana::banana:

Just catching up on my Disney news and I’m so flipping excited SAB will be open for our trip. Yassssss!! :dogdance:

I see you are coming at the end of August. I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

YC or BCV?

:woohoo:

So it looks like you have to put down one side of the stick-on velcro, right on the wood. I guess I would be afraid of it pulling up the paint taking it off. I think I would be reluctant to use something like this as it may cause damage.
If the product would provide benefits, but you are concerned, you can try it out at home, before traveling. An option would be to first adhere a strip of painter’s tape on the frame, then attach the Velcro to the tape, instead of applying the adhesive-backed Velcro directly to the finished surface. Good quality painter’s tape will not damage a finished surface, if not left on for an extended period of time.

This is a decision that only you can make.

Last edited:
As someone who has been using these for years for my dogs, it does take the paint off my wooden frame when I replace it every couple of years. It’s a very strong adhesive.

As someone who has been using these for years for my dogs, it does take the paint off my wooden frame when I replace it every couple of years. It’s a very strong adhesive.
Did you ever try covering up the wood with painter’s tape, first, to protect the paint? What are your thoughts about the ease and performance of the product?

Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

Did you ever try covering up the wood with painter’s tape, first, to protect the paint? What are your thoughts about the ease and performance of the product?

Thanks for sharing your personal experience.
I don’t think painters tape would be strong enough to hold it up for very long but it could possibly work for a short period and if people aren’t moving through it a lot.

I don’t think painters tape would be strong enough to hold it up for very long but it could possibly work for a short period and if people aren’t moving through it a lot.
I think you are misunderstanding...I did not mean to attach the mesh panel to the frame with the painter's tape, but, rather, cover the finished surface with the painter's tape, thereby protecting the finished surface, and then attaching the Velcro to the face of the tape, rather than directly to the painted surface (adhesive would not touch the painted surface - just the non-sticky side of the painter's tape). It was just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter