Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Everyone! I need some help wording this. I'm going to be calling in (or having my TA do it--not sure which yet) my room requests. Because we have the magical exclusive agency package which only has SV rooms available, I am a bit limited. More than having a full balcony (which would be great), I am more concerned with being over or near the service entrance/parking lot, or over the Port Cochere. We had a trip to GF last year where we were near the service truck entrance and every morning at 5am I woke (and remained awake) to beeping. I don't want to hear the traffic of the ME busses, either. In addition to asking for what I do want, is there a way to ask for what I don't want? Also, would you recommend I call this in myself, or have my TA do it? Not sure which will be more effective. Thanks in advance!
We also have a standard view room booked through a magical agency and we are going to request a full balcony and see what happens. I haven't decided if I want any other requests. But I think it is about 50/50 on the standard view full balconies. Most of the standard view rooms are on the third and fourth floors and overlook the roof.

If you use a travel agent to book the reservation then you have to make your requests through them. Disney won't talk to you. But you will be able to request a full balcony when you do online check in. :)

FWIW - the service area is closer to the YC then to the BC. The rooms are set back from the bus stop and the parking lot. So you don't really hear the beeping of service vehicles. But if your room is close to the Port Cochere you might be able to hear some vehicle noise. There are a lot of resorts in which I will not book a standard room, but Beach Club isn't one of them. :)

The good news is that there will be lots of chocolate at this (Fictional) Purple Magic Band Dessert Party. The bad news is that it's being held in the Magic Kingdom bypass area behind the Plaza restaurant. Your big excitement for the night will be when TinkerBILL smashes into the landing pad when they forget to open the doors and let her/him in.

Tinkerbill.jpg

All this for the low, low Disney Price of $4,998 per person (children are $4,997 each). At those prices you'd better eat enough of that chocolate to bring on Paroxysmal "Diabeeetus".

54679860.jpg

~NM
PS. Theme park admission is NOT included in the (Fictional) Purple Magic Band Dessert Party. Just bring your Power of Attorney and sign all your money over to Disney. They are going to get it all anyway so what's the point of even trying to be sensible or on a budget?

I am so laughing at the qualifier (fictional) in your post! I'm guessing it's necessary to be clear following all that broom closet business a while ago. :)

FWIW - the service area is closer to the YC then to the BC. The rooms are set back from the bus stop and the parking lot. So you don't really hear the beeping of service vehicles. But if your room is close to the Port Cochere you might be able to hear some vehicle noise. There are a lot of resorts in which I will not book a standard room, but Beach Club isn't one of them. :)

Last year, I stayed in a standard view room at the BC, which overlooked the Porte Cochere. I thought it was fairly noisy, between the motor coaches and the families arriving and departing. Sometimes, the families were noisier than the vehicles.

That view is good for anyone who is claustrophobic, however, as there is a fairly panoramic view from the upper floors.

Hi everyone! We (me, DH, DD7 and DD4) are going with another family 10/1 - 10/8. We are staying at BCV and they are staying at YC. I can see on the map that BCV is farther away from YC than BC - so what location should we request for our room to be as close as possible to YC? It would also be nice to be closer to SAB.

We've never even visited the BW area, so we're VERY excited to try this resort!

If you want to be as close as possible, I would request a room by the main elevators in BCV. Having said that I would venture to say that there are rooms in the BC that are actually farther from the YC than the rooms in the BCV based on the layout and size of the two complexes. The BCV complex is relatively small in comparison to the BC and YC, and regardless of where you actually end up in the villas there are "short cuts" to gain access to the main BC lobby or marketplace. I'll try to answer any specific questions you might have but suffice to say you'll be within reasonable distance no matter where you end up in the Villas!

If you want to be as close as possible, I would request a room by the main elevators in BCV. Having said that I would venture to say that there are rooms in the BC that are actually farther from the YC than the rooms in the BCV based on the layout and size of the two complexes. The BCV complex is relatively small in comparison to the BC and YC, and regardless of where you actually end up in the villas there are "short cuts" to gain access to the main BC lobby or marketplace. I'll try to answer any specific questions you might have but suffice to say you'll be within reasonable distance no matter where you end up in the Villas!

Thanks a bunch, that's great to hear!

Hi Everyone! I need some help wording this. I'm going to be calling in (or having my TA do it--not sure which yet) my room requests. Because we have the magical exclusive agency package which only has SV rooms available, I am a bit limited. More than having a full balcony (which would be great), I am more concerned with being over or near the service entrance/parking lot, or over the Port Cochere. We had a trip to GF last year where we were near the service truck entrance and every morning at 5am I woke (and remained awake) to beeping. I don't want to hear the traffic of the ME busses, either. In addition to asking for what I do want, is there a way to ask for what I don't want? Also, would you recommend I call this in myself, or have my TA do it? Not sure which will be more effective. Thanks in advance!
I have been able to call in room requests directly to the resort, about one week prior to check-in date, even if booked through a TA or OTA. They can look up your reservation by first/last name - you don't need any confirmation number. You could certainly request a "quiet" room, in addition to having a full balcony. The room assigners will usually try to comply with your requests, subject to room availability. It's usually good to ask for preferences, in order of priority.

The direct contact for the BC is (407) 934-8000.

I have been able to call in room requests directly to the resort, about one week prior to check-in date, even if booked through a TA or OTA. They can look up your reservation by first/last name - you don't need any confirmation number. You could certainly request a "quiet" room, in addition to having a full balcony. The room assigners will usually try to comply with your requests, subject to room availability. It's usually good to ask for preferences, in order of priority.

The direct contact for the BC is (407) 934-8000.

This is contrary to what I have always read. I always book my own reservation but I believe that if you use a Travel Agent they"own" the reservation until you check in.
The above phone number is routed to a call center, not the BC itself.

Has anyone ever used the charcoal grills at BCV? Do they even have grills? Where are they located? I'm assuming you need to provide your own charcoal and grilling utensils. thx

Ninjamom: Big question on everyone's minds: will there be themed PURPLE CUPCAKES at the Dessert Party? Perhaps, Figment cupcakes?

WE WANT CUPCAKES!

I'm sorry.. Purple cupcakes are an up-charge. THEMED purple cupcakes are a double up charge. Shanghai ain't paying for itself you know... WE ARE!

I am so laughing at the qualifier (fictional) in your post! I'm guessing it's necessary to be clear following all that broom closet business a while ago. :)

Now, now... you've been around long enough to know that this (non) event will show up somewhere else on the Dis Boards, with one of the usual, bloviating, experts with 39,674 posts, going on about it's existence, complaining about it and correcting other bloviating posters who dare to comment on the event.

As far as the "Broom Closet", well... that was real. We really did have nekked guys with long poled feather fans stirring the breeze AND our Sunken Treasures. The bad news is that most of them escaped and are now being put to work renovating the Beach Club Villas.
In fact here is a picture that was recently taken capturing a few of them on break from their busy labors.

Construction%20Workers.jpg

~NM

Has anyone ever used the charcoal grills at BCV? Do they even have grills? Where are they located? I'm assuming you need to provide your own charcoal and grilling utensils. thx

Never used them, but they're located by the Dunes Cove pool [sort of]. There's a path that parallels the canal from the pool to the front entrance of the BC. They are located on the left as you head to BC front lobby. Yes, you'll need your own utensils and charcoal. :drinking1

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

What are your priorities for your stay? Full balcony? Daybed? Location- close to lobby/elevator. Quiet room at end of hall?

There is a thread on the Resorts Community sub-forum, Beach Club Room views that give some samples of views in various rooms. Look at the rooms numbed 5xxx in the Standard View index to see a few possibilities of view.

:thumbsup2

ETA: In January, I booked a YC CL stay for October. I haven't heard from IPO yet, but will contact them when/if I need to. Most likely I will book my own dining reservations- I prefer to do it that way.

Thank you for this information! I didn't know about that thread. I am off to find it now. I think my priority would be full balcony. It's just the three of us so we don't need a daybed and I don't think I want to be at the end of the hall.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't heard from the YC IPO either. It makes me feel better! We aren't making any dining reservations so I don't NEED to hear from them....it just would have added to the excitement :) :)

This is contrary to what I have always read. I always book my own reservation but I believe that if you use a Travel Agent they"own" the reservation until you check in.
The above phone number is routed to a call center, not the BC itself.
I have done this for my past two recent bookings, which were made through Orbitz. I will double-check the number I called, but I was accommodated by the cast member, in each instance, without any problems, whatsoever. It has always been much more of a process to make the room requests through Orbitz; this was so much easier and quicker. I also got to hear someone wish me a "magical day," which I don't hear from Orbitz :)

Hi Guys! I'm looking forward to my first Beach Club stay in August. Thanks so this thread I booked today and requested a large balcony and an upper floor. What else do I need to know? I'm so excited. This is my first Deluxe stay!

I think just about everything you need to know is on page #1 of this thread. I would suggest taking your time and checking it out. Tons of great info/insight and some great links to other threads all about BC/YC.

Excellent! Most people just look at the pictures and miss so much information. I can't think of anything else you need to know that's not covered there in order for you to have a Magical stay! :woohoo:

Thank you! I read on this site and a couple others for 2 years before booking my first Disney stay! It was perfect!

I like to have all the information I can. Last week we were in talks to maybe stay here so I wanted to know everything I could before committed. We went in January and I visited Beach Club and fell madly in love. I can't believe I'm going to get to stay there!

Ninjamom can I bring my own cupcakes and get a discounted rate?

View attachment 155577

MaybeeeeEEEEeeeee. Right now there is a RUMOR wondering whether Disney is going to crack down on guests bringing food INTO the parks. However Ninja Mom is more worried about Disney cracking down on the REMOVAL of Pretzel Bread from the Biergarten.

PRETZEL BREAD lg bag 8 22 14 minimum cropped.jpg

NM- i work with the great grandson of one of those workers on the beam, not sure if it is from the BCV rehab though:rolleyes1

Oops, you are correct! I had my Sunken Treasure goggles on and I uploaded the wrong photo. Here is the correct one.

200127273-001-two-young-men-fanning-senior-woman-with-gettyimages.jpg

Here we see WoodNymph, in all her glory, enjoying a Sultry Seahorse as she cools off by the pool. Our intrepid construction workers are getting quite the workout with those fans.

~NM

PS,
Sultry Seahorse
Amaretto, Creme de Banana, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, and a float of Cherry Brandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter