Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The 20% annual passholder discount has been great. It works at the Marketplace, Boardwalk Bakery, Pecos Bills, etc. The discount is very useful if you are staying in one of the deluxe resorts, since it covers their counter service restaurants. :)
We always use the filtered water from the beverage dispenser. It is even very good water. :)

We learned that the Captain's Grill will be moved to Ariel's during their remodeling. It is supposed to begin in January. They are making Ale and Compass much larger so that they have offer breakfast in the morning and have more room for conventioneers in the evening.

The current construction is in the Beach Club parking lot near the convention center. They are taking out trees along the road so that they can make the parking lot bigger.

They have been sending extra buses for people wanting to go to MK in the mornings. We haven't had to wait more than 5 or ten minutes or so for one in the mornings.

We are scheduled to fly home late tomorrow afternoon. I'm glad that we will be gone before the Hurricane hits Florida. We had a flight cancelled the last time we stayed at the Beach Club and don't want it to happen again.

Thank you for the awesome intel!!!

:magnify:

@natebenma when you do the next BOG update can you change our March trip to 8th-13th, we had to add an extra day because flights were a lot cheaper :rolleyes:. And for our June trip we could only get 20th-29th, there was no availability before the 20th so we have decided to do a split stay. We will be at the Poly, a new resort for us, June 14th-20th. I'm both excited and a little sad that we won't be at the Beach Club the whole trip. We have never stayed at a monorail resort so that has me excited! Thanks for all you do!! :flower:

The 20% annual passholder discount has been great. It works at the Marketplace, Boardwalk Bakery, Pecos Bills, etc. The discount is very useful if you are staying in one of the deluxe resorts, since it covers their counter service restaurants. :)
We always use the filtered water from the beverage dispenser. It is even very good water. :)

We learned that the Captain's Grill will be moved to Ariel's during their remodeling. It is supposed to begin in January. They are making Ale and Compass much larger so that they have offer breakfast in the morning and have more room for conventioneers in the evening.

The current construction is in the Beach Club parking lot near the convention center. They are taking out trees along the road so that they can make the parking lot bigger.

They have been sending extra buses for people wanting to go to MK in the mornings. We haven't had to wait more than 5 or ten minutes or so for one in the mornings.

We are scheduled to fly home late tomorrow afternoon. I'm glad that we will be gone before the Hurricane hits Florida. We had a flight cancelled the last time we stayed at the Beach Club and don't want it to happen again.

Good to know about the changes, I really like the idea of using the space at Ariel's it's a shame it doesn't get used more. I thought the trees would be removed (hopefully replanted elsewhere) to allow more room for parking spaces. I hope you make it home safe and sound before the weather becomes wild. We've had some bad winds here in the last week at times up to 108 miles per hour in places so we get how scary that can be, for us it's just typical autumn weather. Thanks for sharing xx.

Looks like our paths will just cross...I am scheduled to fly in tomorrow morning. Really bummed they cancelled my taping of the Chew but understandable given the weather. Just hoping there are still supplies when I hit the grocery store tomorrow morning upon arrival and crossing fingers my friends make it in Friday evening.

We were at the BWI for Hurricane Charlie, arriving mid afternoon of the day it hit. Our flight was one of the last to arrive before they closed the airport. What a weird experience to arrive at an airport midday and have it be a ghost town. But the trip was one of our favorites. We had a big hurricane party in the bar off the lobby until we were told to hunker in our rooms (the bar had lots of glass windows and they wanted everyone away from them) around 9 pm when the worst of the storm was to hit. It happened to be the night of the opening ceremonies of the 2004 Olympics so that worked out fine. Once the storm cleared the next morning, we were able to do everything we had planned. Crowds were much lighter as well. Curious to see what happens this time.

They are doing the taping of The Chew at a stage set up near the fastpass area for Illuminations. So I can see why they would cancel it if there are going to be high winds. I hope you and your friends have a safe trip. The nice thing about being here during hurricane warnings is that the parks are empty. :)

They left us a phone message about the hurricane and that they will be keeping guests updated about the conditions. I am glad we will be out of here before then.

Just got back from our Viva Italia ABD trip a week and a half ago and already time to start planning for F&W 2017! :drinking1

As of today, I can officially ask to be added back to the BOG list for 10/6-10/13/17 at BC! DH and I will be doing a split stay again with a dark side hotel prior to our BC arrival, just haven't chosen which one yet! DM, @Tess will be there the same dates, but her and my dad just arrived at BWV today and are already touring the WS. I will request her to be added as I doubt she will have time to ask today! :woohoo:

Thanks Dee!

Well, we made it! I can't believe how beautiful it is--so nice, I don't really want to leave the resort for the parks. Ha!
Anyway, we booked a standard view, but were upgraded to a Club Level Standard View!!! So spoiled!

We're checking into Shades of Green in a few days, but I think our next trip will be 100% Beach Club !

I just booked our second stay at Beach Club! We're headed back in May and this time we're staying exclusively there! :love:

We are at the airport waiting for our flight home. It has been a wonderful stay at the BC. It feels like our Disney home, we know it so well.

The CM at the Marketplace said that all flights in and out of Orlando have been cancelled for Thursday and Friday. She also said that a lot of guests were checking out early. Hollywood Studios wasn't very crowded this morning.

We renewed our annual passes at the International Gateway before heading for the Magical Express. The 13 month renewal period means that we can return in Dec 2017, when the weather won't be as hot as it was this trip.

We had a great time and only got rained on the first night we were there. Our evening at Animal Kingdom was really nice. The afternoon rain had emptied the park and cooled things off. The animals were alert and active, too. I think late afternoon is a great time to be there. :)

Is anyone going in the next couple of days considering canceling ? Up until this afternoon , I was confident the storm would be gone by Saturday and we would be good to go. We are driving down from Atlanta. Worried about travel safety not safety if we were at WDW

We had to cut our BC trip short due to the hurricane. We were scheduled to fly home Friday morning, but I scrambled yesterday and was able to change our flight to this afternoon. We are home safe and sound, but my daughters are a little heartbroken. This just gives me an excuse to schedule a redo, right??

We were able to spend 3 fantastic days in the parks. We also attended the MNSSHP last night. It was amazing! We dressed up like the "Mine" birds from Finding Nemo. It was a great way to finish our trip, even if it was cut short.

Rates for the fall are already out (I believe everything is out with them with the exception of the labor day deal). I can tell you the fall rates, or at least for October, weren't as great as I hoped but they were better than what Disney put out this fall.
I did email my TA and she said that she had the rates but they weren't officially in the system yet. So she quoted me a sweet deal for Columbus Day weekend 2017. I'll jump on it.

Dee, will you officially add us to the BOG list? Oct. 5-9, 2017 :yay:

~Cari~ pluto:

Praying for everyone in Florida especially the coastal communities to be safe from hurricane Matthew.
Downtown St Augustine where my DD attends college is being evacuated as of 6:00 am this morning. I was scrambling last night to get her a flight out and very thankful we did
We are on our way to the airport now.
It's hard to think our trip is just 45 days away with everything going on

Praying for everyone in Florida especially the coastal communities to be safe from hurricane Matthew.
Downtown St Augustine where my DD attends college is being evacuated as of 6:00 am this morning. I was scrambling last night to get her a flight out and very thankful we did
We are on our way to the airport now.
It's hard to think our trip is just 45 days away with everything going on
Agreed! We only have 49 days!

I hope everyone out there is safe and well! :) From what I've read the resorts (especially Disney and Universal) really look after their guests.

Joining the fun at the YC for the 1st time....Scheduled for Jan 30-Feb 6th, 2017 and flying solo once again. As hip and back problems have hit far too early in my "pedal to the metal" go for it life, I am once again forced to rent a scooter (Buena Vista, most likely as they are outstanding in service) and wondered what would be my best room requests. I would like to be close to the lobby and I've booked a garden view. I would hate to be barreling down a hallway and run some unsuspecting fellow Dis'er over, God forbid. Please add me to the list and happy to meet you' all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter