Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have an upgrade option from CBR 5th sleeper to either go to Beach Club Villas with 5 people in a Deluxe Studio (one king/1 sofa bed/1 pulldown for the little) for $700 more (4 nights) or the Yacht Club Waterview (Two beds and a sofa bed) for $1000 more. Which would you choose? I have two kids and there will three adults. Space is okay in either since we won't be in the rooms much. Parks are HS, Epcot, and MK only. THank you.

Page 1856

I posted the dates for our next trip already. Our anniversary trip will be September 9-17 @ YC. But now I have another trip too.

I got a promo from Southwest for bonus rapid rewards points, the catch is you have to fly by July 31. Our trip isn’t til September, but this offer was too good to pass up, so a quick trip it is. Settled on June 17-19, very limited resorts on Disney’s site. I was considering Pop since I had been wanting to try it. But walking to Epcot & Studios is better for such a short trip. Swan had a good rate, but I alsoI checked out Priceline. I was able to get YC with a 10% discount. Now I’m stalking for ADRs. All this to try & keep my companion pass for next year. This quick, unplanned 2 night trip is probably gonna cost more than I will pay for airfare for my DH next year. But hey, it’s Disney math! :lmao:

I'll add the new trip to the Be Our Guest list. Hope you are having a great time!

:goodvibes

we used it this morning. On DME at 8:45 and standing outside SAB at 9:40 -includes the time it took to drop our luggage off at bell services

Thanks for the info!

:thumbsup2

At SAB now and it’s 12:30. It’s getting fuller but no line to get in and still plenty of chairs, just most are in the sun.
We also did a mobile order for ale & compass that was super easy to do and brought it to eat poolside.

And for this encouraging news!

We ate at Cape May yesterday morning. It was delicious, if a little odd. We did not receive the “Lobster Tail” pastry, but did get cornbread. It was great. It was just the second day back for our server, and she was terrific (& very busy with several tables). Pop (who just a couple months ago was barely eating 6 bites a day) went back for thirds and nearly finished off 2 bowls of fruit! Sis and I were thrilled. Luckily, being local, we made adr’s (per Pop’s request) for once a week (although a couple weeks are Whispering Canyon). To say it did Pop some good is an understatement. Not only is he looking forward to our November stay, he also wants to stay next May. So we did a split with Contemporary (May 13-17) for his 90th birthday and Beach Club (May 17-20) for my 60th! Being able to walk to MK and EPCOT will make it perfect. Now just hoping dessert parties start up by then!

I love hearing this about your Pop!

Enjoy your meals in the coming weeks!

:dogdance:

Dee, could you please add us to the list for Oct. 31-2 at YC GV. Called yesterday and surprised I got a military discount for those dates!

Will do!

:woohoo:

Just arrived today for a BCV studio stay on rented points and walked in the room to see we were upgraded to a 1BR!! We are thrilled!

:welcome:

Thanks for sharing the exciting news.

::yes::

Hi, all! We finally scored a YC room to add to the front of our stay in June. I know I’ve seen it talked about in here before, but last time my husband and I stayed, we were in a “corner” room that seemed to have so much extra space, and this time, going with the kids, would be nice to have this again. Are all corner rooms built this way? And can we call and add “corner room” as a request on our reservation? I know not guaranteed, just wanted to see if this was the best way to word the request. Thanks so much!

I don't see why not!

"Corner Room, please"

:cool1:

I admit it. I cheated on YC. Had the chance last minute to go with DH on a work trip to FL, and YC was fully booked. Stayed at CSR. It was okay, and we got our YC/BC fix with a lucky last minute reservation for B&C. Happy to say that the No Way Jose is as good as ever.

There’s rumblings of the border restrictions easing up for vaccinated travelers, so here’s hoping that we’ll be back to WDW soon. Have an early August WL booked, and a Labour Day weekend YC. Feeling pretty good about the trips at this point. Fingers crossed…

Friends, tomorrow is our family's big day going to YC!!! We are so excited the day has finally arrived. Tomorrow is DS hs graduation and then off to airport!!! I got an adr for cape may tomorrow night so that's exciting ! Let me know if anyone has any questions for me to answer!
I think some of us are waiting for the shower rooms near SAB to reopen, the Hurricane Hanna's counter service with self-serve drink dispensers to reopen, and housekeeping to return to normal. Let us know if any of that happens while you are there. Thanks. :)

We just booked BC for 12/7-12/12 and are super excited. The rooms are going so quick for Dec - I snagged 2 standard view. We have 3 kids and had Art of Animation booked but I just hate spending sooo much $$ on a value resort even if it's a suite. So I convinced my husband we should just do BC since it's about the same price. My mom and step dad are going and they've never see the xmas decor so I'm excited for that.

We just booked BC for 12/7-12/12 and are super excited. The rooms are going so quick for Dec - I snagged 2 standard view. We have 3 kids and had Art of Animation booked but I just hate spending sooo much $$ on a value resort even if it's a suite. So I convinced my husband we should just do BC since it's about the same price. My mom and step dad are going and they've never see the xmas decor so I'm excited for that.

Good week to go too. Enjoy.

Arrived atYC for our quick getaway around 1. Didn’t get our room ready text til about 5:30. Good news/ bad news situation. Good news: our standard view room that I booked thru Priceline was upgraded to garden view overlooking the back exit. Bad news: it’s a handicap room with the single sink, toilet & roll in shower all one room. The beds are very low of course. We’re only here for 2 nights or I would definitely be asking for a different room.

I don’t know if it was posted before, but the kids tv area in the lobby has cute new seats since we were here in May.

8F71094D-D47B-4D35-BDBF-D7DE66F28DCD.jpeg998A0A67-DB3C-49A5-AB2F-21D0E57B2C3D.jpeg

Sorry, I tried the tricks but they still came out sideways. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There’s rumblings of the border restrictions easing up for vaccinated travelers, so here’s hoping that we’ll be back to WDW soon. Have an early August WL booked, and a Labour Day weekend YC. Feeling pretty good about the trips at this point. Fingers crossed…

I’ve been stalking the news daily for any word on this, for obvious reasons, and I thought about you when I heard about fully vaccinated Canadians being able to return without the quarantine, at least. I hope you’re able to make both your trips. I’m feeling really confident about my gf being able to make it for our October trip, and I honestly think you should be fine for August. Praying that there is good news next week when the current restrictions expire again.

It just really burns my biscuits that they can make all kinds of exceptions for pro athletes, meanwhile so many families have been separated for 15 months. Really puts the lie to all this talk about it being for safety’s sake.

Our Magic Kingdom day has an 8am opening. Suggestions on when to be at the bus stop to make it in time for opening? Thank you!

I have an upgrade option from CBR 5th sleeper to either go to Beach Club Villas with 5 people in a Deluxe Studio (one king/1 sofa bed/1 pulldown for the little) for $700 more (4 nights) or the Yacht Club Waterview (Two beds and a sofa bed) for $1000 more. Which would you choose? I have two kids and there will three adults. Space is okay in either since we won't be in the rooms much. Parks are HS, Epcot, and MK only. THank you.
I'd go with the Yacht Club because 2 real beds for the adults is better than a king/sofa bed. The sleeper sofas that Disney uses are getting "better" but they still are not on par with the real beds, especially in the Beach Club Villas. The little will love the sofa bed in the Yacht Club, so no problems there. Just remember to extract the little one before you fold the sofa back.

Although leaving little ones in the sofa makes touring so much easier, the housekeepers tend to be surprised when they open up the sofa and find the little one in there.

~Ninja Mom

Page 1857

Our 60 day mark is coming up this week. We're very excited to be staying in a 1bdrm villa. It will be the first time staying at BCV and we can't wait for SAB. We're going to try to book a cabana. Am I right in assuming it is 60 days from check-in and not 60 days from the day of the cabana for reservations?

Also, are there any recommendations for room requests we should use for a larger balcony in a 1bdrm BCV? We've used Touring Plans for this with certain views before but I'm not sure about it for decent balconies since view at BCV isn't as important to me.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Late July or early August?

The good news is, the smallest balconies at the villas are standard size. They don't have any of the small standing-only Juliet balconies, or if they do, there are other balconies available for that room.

Here are pictures from one of these rooms:

Room 455 extra-large balcony

As others have suggested, you can request "Extra-large balcony, please"

Does anyone know the coffee machine situation in the Yacht Club rooms? With mouse keeping only coming occasionally, can I request more coffee packets or am I able to bring k-cups from home? TIA.

When is your trip?

You can do either. I don't have a Keurig at home, but what I do when I am on vacation is purchase a box of K-cups with a special flavor to enjoy on my trip.

:goodvibes:

Did not know this about Boardwalk Bakery. I know my discussion is pointless a year out but anyone know what time they open for coffee?

I don't know the answer to your question, but :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next June.

:dogdance:

My DH and I were just talking about this the other day. I’m fine with the keurig in the room but he often gets up before everyone and would love to go grab and early coffee and read while the rest of us are sleeping.

As many of you know, I run on Dunkin' (my first job, in fact). I need a cup of hot, black coffee in the morning. I usually get up earlier than my family or travelling party. I move the coffee maker into the bathroom so the sound is muffled while others are sleeping, then I take my coffee and go out on the balcony or slip out of the room to explore.

If I don't want to run the coffee maker in the room, the night before I will stash some coffee in the fridge for an iced coffee in the morning, to get me by until I can find a cup of hot coffee. For that I need cream, sweetener and ice, so that is more work.

During a couple of stays at the All-Stars, when there were no coffee makers in the room*, I took matters into my own hands. For one trip, I joined a group that passed along a microwave and/or coffee maker from guest to guest. For other trips, I purchased a small, inexpensive coffee maker and packed that. *thankfully, coffee makers are now supplied at the value resorts!

The caffeine struggle is real!

☕

Our Magic Kingdom day has an 8am opening. Suggestions on when to be at the bus stop to make it in time for opening? Thank you!
When we were there for MK on 5/28 we arrived at the BC bus stop right at 6:30am and were the only ones on a bus that arrived at 6:45. Now, that was prior to BC fully opening so YMMV with the number of people but the general rule I have seen is to line up 90 min before opening if using buses.

Page 1858-1859

If you have stayed at YC in a room with the following features:
- 2 queens AND a sleeper sofa
- garden view category
- partial view over looking the ferry dock/lake,

Can you PLEASE ase share your room number with me so I can make an appropriate room request via Touringplans? :worship:

thank you very much!!

When is your trip?

A few people have shared some room numbers that meet your criteria. If you want to do some research, there is a Yacht Club Room Views thread on the Resort Community subforum where guests have supplied pictures and descriptions of their rooms.

That is exactly what I was thinking the club lounge 😢!

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

In April it was:
Sunday, Mickey tie-dye 4:15-5:15 by the pool
Monday, Seaside ceramics 12:30-2:30 solarium
Tuesday, Sea salt scrub 4:15-5:15 poolside
Wed, Beach in a bowl 12:30-2:30 solarium
Thurs and Fri, Mickey tie-dye 4:14-5:15 poolside
Sat, Seaside ceramics, 12:30-2:30 solarium
Hope that helps.

:thanks:

Oh, that’s a shame, I was planning on getting my middle of the night coffee there during our Yacht club trip in 2023! Hopefully it will be back to 24 hr opening again by then or I will be waking DH up with the in room coffee maker!

:welcome: back!

If you would like, I could pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. You would be the first 2023 entry!

**********************************************************************************************************

PICABU and early morning coffee offerings at Swan/Dolphin hotels

There is a quick service place in the Dolphin in the basement next to the laundry which was open 24 hrs when we were there Christmas 2017( can’t remember it’s name, it’s kind of got a Mexican vibe).
Being from the U.K., I never get into the sleeping groove with the jet lag, so was often in there at 4 am for a cup of tea. Bought a refillable mug for around 18 dollars and used it for a fortnight, I suspects profits went down that Christmas!

Great info!

Picabu at the Dolphin!!

Thank you!

:goodvibes:

Since reopening, hours at Swan and Dolphin QS have been modified.
View attachment 578546View attachment 578547

Thanks for posting this!

::yes::

We are currently booked at BC for April 2022 (April 16 - 23). I am excited to finally try out SAB. Hoping that the Bon Voyage Breakfast (I know it’s at boardwalk) is open again then with the characters. We can walk there from BC right?

Can someone help me find where I can buy the pool floats used in the lazy river and post the link? The ones that sit down in the water with arms (not the round tubes). I would love it for the river! I can't find the one like they have at Disney. Similar, but not quite right! Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter