Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you-I often forget about the flashlight feature. I often forget I can do anything with my call phone other than answer and make phone calls. One day, I'd forgotten my watch, so I went up to someone in the store and asked them the time. They pulled out their cell phone and told me. I was so embarrassed-but at least my cell phone didn't ring at that time.
I recently had to adjust the temperature in a fridge in a non-Disney hotel. That was the first time I had ever used the flashlight feature on my phone. I tend to forget my phone even has that feature.

We stayed at BCV last week for the first time. We enjoyed the location near Epcot and the skyliner access to HS. We went to SAB one of the days for a couple hours. As pre-warned, it was super crowded and there were no empty chairs. Trying to get a float for the lazy river was impossible. We mostly just hung out in the main pool. We had a 2 BR villa on the third floor so it wasn’t renovated yet. It was fine though except the master shower glass door that made a loud popping sound every time we opened or closed the door. I kept waiting on it to shatter or something. The room views were nothing fabulous. But all in all it was a good stay. On our last night, we stayed on the resort side in a standard room. The room was good, but oh my lord trying to actually find the room was insane. The layout of the resort is so crazy. Having to go down so many twists and turns to find our room was unexpected. Then we had to find our way back out the next morning, which was even harder. DH and I both decided BC isn’t a great fit for us. We just didn’t have the happiest feelings staying there that we had hoped for, but we were glad to have given it a shot.

We stayed at BCV last week for the first time. We enjoyed the location near Epcot and the skyliner access to HS. We went to SAB one of the days for a couple hours. As pre-warned, it was super crowded and there were no empty chairs. Trying to get a float for the lazy river was impossible. We mostly just hung out in the main pool. We had a 2 BR villa on the third floor so it wasn’t renovated yet. It was fine though except the master shower glass door that made a loud popping sound every time we opened or closed the door. I kept waiting on it to shatter or something. The room views were nothing fabulous. But all in all it was a good stay. On our last night, we stayed on the resort side in a standard room. The room was good, but oh my lord trying to actually find the room was insane. The layout of the resort is so crazy. Having to go down so many twists and turns to find our room was unexpected. Then we had to find our way back out the next morning, which was even harder. DH and I both decided BC isn’t a great fit for us. We just didn’t have the happiest feelings staying there that we had hoped for, but we were glad to have given it a shot.
I know what you mean about the twists and turns. My last visit, I bet I walked the equivalent of the whole length of the resort looking for the ice machine! And I do kind of know the layout LOL

Add me to the BOG list please for Beach Club (10/31/2023-11/1/2023)!
I will be at Disney with my sister on the same dates! Sadly, we are staying at the Swan to save a little money. Have a great trip! Counting down the days!!
We are staying at the YC for the first time in August 2024. We’ve only ever stayed at the poly. (Still staying at the poly but doing a split stay). Looking forward to being about to walk to EPCOT.
Catching up today with BOG additions. I'll let Dee know!

Not that you can even book this far out at the moment, but heads up folks…

From January 2025 through May 2025, Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pool at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will be closed for routine maintenance. Guests may see or hear construction work during daytime hours. During this time, Guests are welcome to swim at the Tidal, Admiral and Dunes Cove leisure pools.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/yacht-club-resort/

Thanks for this info. Glad Disney is giving PLENTY of notice for this so people can plan accordingly.

:goodvibes:

This post needs to be updated- proposed changes in red. Thanks for any insight.

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club- soft good renovation/lobby refurb in 2023
Lighter, beachy décor in lobby and rooms (is this still true- recent post talks about how everything is sand-colored)
Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop
Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.

Can someone confirm whether ceiling fans were removed or not and whether the fridges were replaced:
remove:
Room attributes include carpets on floor, Cuisinart Pod Coffee Makers (although they have been replaced with Keurigs in some rooms), ceiling fans (ceiling fans may be in the process of being removed from rooms at the BC (2018)
Traditional mini-fridge.

Shared resort bus picks up and drops off at YC first

Yacht Club- remove: renovations to club level lounge started October 2015, room renovations completed in June 2017
Darker woods and nautical décor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony (exceptions: 5163 has no balcony, some rooms have full but enclosed balconies, there are a few extra large balconies shared by multiple rooms)
Room attributes include wood floors, lots of storage units, Keurig coffee makers. No ceiling fans in rooms following the rehab.
Beverage cooler instead of mini-fridge in rooms. ???
The Market at Ale & Compass is smaller and offers different quick serve food items than the Beach Club Marketplace.
Shared resort bus usually picks up and drops off at the YC first

* Starting in October 2017, pet dogs are now being welcomed in guest rooms at the Yacht Club resort. Additional information posted at the beginning of this post.

The ceiling fans have been removed from the Beach Club rooms.

The morning park buses are dedicated to one resort. They don't begin the shared route between YC and BC until approximately 11am, according to the friendly bus driver. There are a few exceptions but mostly, the morning park buses only go to one resort.

The Disney Springs bus shares with three resorts - YC, BC and BWI.

The Disney Springs bus shares with three resorts - YC, BC and BWI.
Between waiting forever at the DS bus stop and the "bus resort tour" while in transit, getting to/from DS takes so long. I don't have the patience for it. I had a Homecomin' ADR and just cancelled it because I didn't want to waste so much time in transit. I understand the need to have 3 resorts share the bus to DS due to less demand then going to a park. I just don't enjoy it. Not sure why I felt the need to rant about it, though.:confused3

Between waiting forever at the DS bus stop and the "bus resort tour" while in transit, getting to/from DS takes so long. I don't have the patience for it. I had a Homecomin' ADR and just cancelled it because I didn't want to waste so much time in transit. I understand the need to have 3 resorts share the bus to DS due to less demand then going to a park. I just don't enjoy it. Not sure why I felt the need to rant about it, though.:confused3
It was a lot worse when they included Swan and Dolphin and Typhoon Lagoon on the route. Then it took an hour to get there. That was a long time ago, though.

We experienced the looooong wait at DS a couple days ago. It was excruciating. How are they not running more buses for what we pay for these vacations? It’s evil.

We switched to Minnie Vans the next day. Screw these buses.

We experienced the looooong wait at DS a couple days ago. It was excruciating. How are they not running more buses for what we pay for these vacations? It’s evil.

We switched to Minnie Vans the next day. Screw these buses.
This is why we just drive everywhere except MK. The transportation system is horrible. So much nicer to come and go as you please and never have to stand after a long day in the parks or DS.

We just got back from our first-ever stay on the YC side and I think we're newly converted now...while we've always liked the hustle and bustle of disney resorts, the YC was just SO serene and peaceful, we felt so relaxed!

Also, we booked a standard room using AP discount and we absolutely loved the room they gave us, 4163; it was a corner room with multiple windows and a gorgeous view. We spent so much time on the balcony at night!

20230909_122207.jpg20230909_122214.jpg
20230909_122351.jpg

We just got back from our first-ever stay on the YC side and I think we're newly converted now...while we've always liked the hustle and bustle of disney resorts, the YC was just SO serene and peaceful, we felt so relaxed!

Also, we booked a standard room using AP discount and we absolutely loved the room they gave us, 4163; it was a corner room with multiple windows and a gorgeous view. We spent so much time on the balcony at night!

View attachment 793259View attachment 793260
View attachment 793261
Nice room and view. My favorite resort! Was that a water view or standard view?

Nice room and view. My favorite resort! Was that a water view or standard view?

booked as a standard, which is why it blew us away! there was no indication anywhere in the app that we were upgraded in any way (we did mobile check-in)

According to the room map on page 1, 4163 is a lagoon (water) view room. The XX63 rooms on every floor are the same. I know it’s the old room categories, but I think it would still be a water view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter