• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

FYI…… Just noticed something strange with YC reservations. I just checked & can’t find not even 1 reservation for any room at YC from July 21 to November 18. Nothing.

Last week I saw YC available on Priceline for early September with every room type available at a discount. I checked earlier this week & YC was no longer showing there, said the resort was sold out. I checked the WDW website & the same thing. Every room type is available up to July 21 & after November 18. But no matter what length of stay or check in date I put in between those dates, not 1 room shows up.

Wondering if some kind of reno is happening. I know it was posted the CL lounge was expected to have a renovation, possibly later this year. Maybe a more extensive reno?? I have a CL reservation for Labor Day week for our anniversary trip. Ugh. If anyone hers anything… let us know!

Edit: I am NOT saying the resort is closed or closing! Just that YC is not showing as available to book new reservations for me during those dates when I check right now. If you’re looking to book those dates, check for yourself, things can change at any time.

Last edited:
FYI…… Just noticed something strange with YC reservations. I just checked & can find not even 1 reservation for any room at YC from July 21 to November 18. Nothing.

Last week I saw YC available on Priceline for early September with every room type available at a discount. I checked earlier this week & YC was no longer showing there, said the resort was sold out. I checked the WDW website & the same thing. Every room type is available up to July 21 & after November 18. But no matter what length of stay or check in date I put in between those dates, not 1 room shows up.

Wondering if some kind of reno is happening. I know it was posted the CL lounge was expected to have a renovation, possibly later this year. Maybe a more extensive reno?? I have a CL reservation for Labor Day week for our anniversary trip. Ugh. If anyone hers anything… let us know!
OMG. I just noticed this earlier today. I had a July/Aug ressie, but switched it earlier in the summer. I was 2nd guessing myself so I was checking to switch back and noticed nothing in July & august. Wonder if it’s a glitch or something coming up like you said…???

FYI…… Just noticed something strange with YC reservations. I just checked & can find not even 1 reservation for any room at YC from July 21 to November 18. Nothing.

I noticed this yesterday too for late September into October. Figured it was just a large conference at that time, didn't realize it was showing unavailable for such a long period. Hoping it's just a glitch and not some unannounced renovation.

It has to be some sort of glitch. I was able to make a reservation on Apr 10th at the YC for the dates 9/29 to Oct 2nd. There was availability for the YC when I searched that day.

It has to be some sort of glitch. I was able to make a reservation on Apr 10th at the YC for the dates 9/29 to Oct 2nd. There was availability for the YC when I searched that day.

Thats what caught my attention. All room types were showing available even last weekend, April 12 & 13, as discounted on Priceline. But when I checked 2 days later, Monday & Tuesday, the 15 & 16th, Priceline listed the hotel as sold out for my dates. I checked the WDW site Tuesday & my week was unavailable. Then yesterday I searched all other dates. Personally, I don’t think it’s a glitch. It is YC’s turn for a soft goods redo, it’s been 8 years since YC was redone. In the past, it’s been done right after BC. BC was done last year, makes sense to me that YC might be later this year. They might just have temporarily pulled them to get a handle on room inventory if they’re closing hallways for a reno. The dates were also strangely specific to be a glitch… starting after the early July busy period & ending the Monday before Thanksgiving week. I’ve seen the same thing when other resorts got remodeled. Add in the previous talk of the CL lounge getting a remodel this year…. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thats what caught my attention. All room types were showing available even last weekend, April 12 & 13, as discounted on Priceline. But when I checked 2 days later, Monday & Tuesday, the 15 & 16th, Priceline listed the hotel as sold out for my dates. I checked the WDW site Tuesday & my week was unavailable. Then yesterday I searched all other dates. Personally, I don’t think it’s a glitch. It is YC’s turn for a soft goods redo, it’s been 8 years since YC was redone. In the past, it’s been done right after BC. BC was done last year, makes sense to me that YC might be later this year. They might just have temporarily pulled them to get a handle on room inventory if they’re closing hallways for a reno. The dates were also strangely specific to be a glitch… starting after the early July busy period & ending the Monday before Thanksgiving week. I’ve seen the same thing when other resorts got remodeled. Add in the previous talk of the CL lounge getting a remodel this year…. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It would be crazy. Close the hotel for 4-5 months and then shortly after that shut the pool down for 6 months. If it’s true, it’s going to be a tough year for the YC.

It would be crazy. Close the hotel for 4-5 months and then shortly after that shut the pool down for 6 months. If it’s true, it’s going to be a tough year for the YC.

I don’t necessarily think they’re closing the hotel. Just pulling inventory til they figure out how many rooms will be closed at any given time & how many they can book. I think it would only be a soft goods reno. But it would make sense to do them both at the same time tho. But who knows, maybe my speculation is way off.

I don’t necessarily think they’re closing the hotel. Just pulling inventory til they figure out how many rooms will be closed at any given time & how many they can book. I think it would only be a soft goods reno. But it would make sense to do them both at the same time tho. But who knows, maybe my speculation is way off.
That’s true. But with construction noise, etc. and then then length pool closure, the hotel is not going to be desirable for a while.

Last edited:
YC is also often a dumping ground for guests who need relocating from other resorts. Not aware of any major renovations elsewhere but I also don’t follow all the resorts that closely, so not sure if anything else is going on on property.

Or just a glitch.

That’s true. But with construction noise, etc. and then then length pool closure, the hotel is not going to be desirable for a while.

IKR! We haven’t used the pool the last 2 years coz we’re old. I keep saying it’s just not worth the effort to drag a bathing suit on anymore. :crazy2::rotfl2:I’ve been thinking if a lot of people avoid Y & B early next year, maybe they’ll offer a great discount. I could do without the pool for a 40% off sale. :lmao:

IKR! We haven’t used the pool the last 2 years coz we’re old. I keep saying it’s just not worth the effort to drag a bathing suit on anymore. :crazy2::rotfl2:I’ve been thinking if a lot of people avoid Y & B early next year, maybe they’ll offer a great discount. I could do without the pool for a 40% off sale. :lmao:
Yeah, depending on the time of year I might be willing to jump on 40-50% 😉

I have a reservation from Oct 21 - Nov 6 at the YC CL H2O view. My son and his family have a Oct 29 - Nov 2 at YC CL H2O view. We had no problems making the reservations last week.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Did you make it after the 14th? Thats when inventory seems to have disappeared. Your dates show not 1 room available at YC right now. Every other resort on property has rooms available for your son’s dates.

I just find it hard to believe that YC went from every room type available with a discount on Priceline, to the whole resort sold out (for months) literally overnight. And if it’s a glitch, it’s a very specific glitch.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter