Disneystore.com and Shipping to Canada

Mom of a *Princess*

Addicted to the Happiest Place on Earth
I'm thinking of placing my first order online and was wondering how the store ships its items to Canada. For those that have purchased items before, was it shipped via a courier like UPS or was it through US Post?

Sorry if this question has been asked before and answered...I wasn't able to find it.

Thanks in Advance.

No idea how it's shipped, but if it's shipped via UPS be prepared for a very large brokerage fee (probably minimum $25). I as a policy do not shop with anyone who uses UPS to ship across the border. Or I have it shipped to an address at a nearby border town and go pick it up.

you will pay a big brokerage fee, it is shipped UPS i only do it when the deals balance out the extra i will pay on it

Yes, they do use UPS and that is true the fees are $$$$$

I just had a lot of items shipped from the Parks but had them sent to an address I use Stateside. They charge me $5 a pkg and it's fabulous! Unfortunately, too far for you to collect from tho!:confused3

Thanks Kimmie and Ccudmore.
I was afraid they would ship via UPS for the ssame reasons you've articulated. I have learned not to purchase items that will be shipped via a courier as the brokerage fees are ridiculous!

I guess I will have to see if I can get the item I want ( the Princess Talking Vanity) shipped to my MIL when she goes down for the winter to Arizona. Maybe then she can ship it to me via Post.

Thanks Minnie. Oh how I regret no longer living in TO for that reason...I miss the quick jaunts across the border.

Our last order was shipped UPS within a couple of days and had to pay 'Duty" of about $20. Not as cheap as going to the Disney Store, which is now closed in Ottawa, but cheaper than going to WDW.

For those in or near Ottawa you can ship things to the UPS store in Ogdensberg NY and drive over to pick it up. It's $5 or $10 per package flat fee for the service with no brokerage.

I am going to the States next weekend, could I purchase online and have the items shipped to my hotel?? How long does shipping take?/ Is it next day delivery??
Would I call the hotel and tell them a package is coming?? Who has done this? Does it work? Can I even do it???

I have no idea whether anything would make it by then?

As I mentioned...I bought some items in WDW at the end of Sept, Sept 26 actually. As of Friday (Oct 9)...2 pkgs were there in Lewiston ready for pick up and one was not.:confused3 I called WDW and was told it really just depends on where and when they are actually shipped from.

Maybe you'd need to allow at least 2 weeks? I think at time of purchase they told me 5-7 business days min? Whether a Hotel would actually allow you to send pkgs there I have no idea but I am sure someone else might?

every year i place an order threw disneyshopping and have it sent to my resort... always shows up in five to 7 days and we just pick it up at check in at disney

For those in or near Ottawa you can ship things to the UPS store in Ogdensberg NY and drive over to pick it up. It's $5 or $10 per package flat fee for the service with no brokerage.

My fav place is the UPS Store in Ogdensburg!! From my Disney Store purchases to winter tires, it's made life a ton easier. And the $5 or $10 fee (depends on item size) is really decent too :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter