Disneyworld During War?

TAZBOM

Earning My Ears
WE ARE DUE TO COME TO DISNEYWORLD FROM CALIFORNIA 4-6 THROUGH 4-15. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT COMING DURING THIS TIME OF UNREST IN THE WORLD. WIFE AND 3 KIDS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?:confused:

Personally, I would still travel, and if I was travelling it would be from the UK, so could be considered even riskier with a transatlantic flight.

It's kinda hard to explain, but my feelings are that the risks are low, even with the current situation, and if you start to change or cancel your plans then you are letting the 'bad guys' win.

Hopefully it will be over by then. THe last war took 6 weeks. I'm hoping this will be 6 days.

We are still going 4/11-14. If anywhere is going to be safe and 'normal' it will be at Disney. Disney has plans in place to deal with any problems and will keep your vacation fun and safe.

I wouldn't worry about flying either. We're flying in from Chicago. I would just make sure you give yourself enough time to get through the enhanced security. It should be very safe to fly.

We are still 8 months out so I pray that all this will be over before our trip. However, if our trip was tomorrow, we would still go as long as we are all going together. I would not want to travel without my DS right now and am so gratefull DH does not have to go out of town with his job any time soon.(He was in the twin towers 2 weeks before 8/11). This is just IMHO.

jordan's mom

I believe a trip to WDW now is just as safe as ever. Believe me, I am no expert on terrorism, but it seems to me that the element of a surprise attact when no one is expecting it seems to be more their style. With all the publicity about Disney, flight restrictions, etc., it seems to me that an unknown target would have less security, and easier to strike. I am a little more worried about this new respiratory virus than terrorism at the moment.
I hope you have a wonderful, safe trip with your family!

I'm here in the UK and would fly to Florida any time. There's no point in trying to work out what some sicko will try. They could attack your home town, Disney, or anywhere.

I visited last month and was impressed with the security at the airports (London Gatwick and Orlando MCO) and the checks at the parks.

Don't let fear rule your lives.

I agree w/ everyone else. We live smack in between NY city and Wash. DC and have a handful of nuclear power plants within 100 miles. For all I know, they could strike our home area in Sept/Oct and then we will be glad we were in Disney! If the war is still on when we go, I'm going to play ostrich while in WDW. The whole concept of WDW is finding happiness through fantasy, going back to the blissful ignorance of childhood, even if it is just for a short time. That's what Walt wanted families to do. He had no idea how much we would be needing this in 2003! War and terrorism is a reality that I will be glad to take a break from by Sept.
I will trust Disney security to take care of us!

We will be there during the same time as you, and I wouldn't think twice about not going on this trip. We absolutely have to go, now more than ever. As someone mentioned in another reply, if there is anyplace on earth that will still seem "normal" it is Disneyworld. I have 4 kids ages 8-15 and they are all way to anxious about whats going on in the world. Kids should not have so much of this weight on their shoulders. Disney should be just what they need, especially at this point in time. Go for it and enjoy a brief respite from the reality of life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter