Dissapointed again

how do you go about getting this thread closed? i would like it to be closed before i say something that might get me points!

how do you go about getting this thread closed? i would like it to be closed before i say something that might get me points!

I have noticed asking for a thread to be closed when nothing point worthy or personal has been posted is just the surest way for a thread to stay open and generate even more talk.

If you don't post (and your daughter doesn't post) it will likely die a natural death or turn into a thread where posters talk about the "new" (at least to WDW) profile poll.

To avoid saying something that might get you in trouble -- just don't open the thread.

Liz

i have to completely agree with everyone on here about the emailing and such. i work closely with my managers, i help out the in the hiring process also. recently we had an employee get written up at work, and then call 2 hours later and quit on the spot!

1) he can no longer put us a reference, simply because there was no 2 weeks put in,
2) later on after he quit, our general manager got a call from his mother (keep in mind he is 20) complaining to our manager about why he got written up, and that what WE did was wrong.

our boss was fuming after that.
please, if you're over 18, DON'T let/tell your parents to contact your employer, or potiential employer. the fact is, most employer's will tell you on the spot that "i cannot discuss the issues or facts about one of my team members to anyone else that doesn't have anything to do with this company"
if they are over 18, it doesn't matter if they are your CHILD, the employer (or potiential employer) can't, and shouldn't talk about them to you.

i'm sorry your DD got rejected, but like others have said, "if its not meant to be, it's not meant to be" for all we know your DD could get some amazing job offer that she wouldn't have normally gotten if she was in florida participating in the DCP.
i really am sorry that she didn't get in, and i know it can be very dissapointing, esp. when parents will always think of their child as "my little baby (girl/boy)" but once they hit 18, they are now an "adult" by everyone's standard, so they should try and start to handle things on their own.

i'm not trying to sound rude, i'm just giving some advice,

-kristyn

gees people, i already agreed that i shouldnt have done that,you all dont have to be so rude. nobody has the right to tell me to BUTT OUT of my daughters life..i will now ignore this thread because you're all making me feel like a horrible parent- that subject is on another part of this board,maybe i'll go check out all the other bad parents stories.good bye.

Don't feel bad korzmom, people have a tendancy to not read replys before they say things... hang in there :thumbsup2

Don't feel bad korzmom, people have a tendancy to not read replys before they say things... hang in there :thumbsup2

Very true.

I think 95% of us can understand what it feels like to see one of our children hurting. But it's the other 5% that like to give advice to strangers on a message board that blow my mind. :lmao:

I saw the test as my son took it - it was not that different than most interviews - it was asking for his work experiences and the questions I saw were just normal questions. He did the interview, had an audition and is now on his internship - he loves it! Some of the CPs that started with him are already gone, so the test and interview are not perfect, but they are probably working on improving the system - they waste so much time and money on these students that do not make it.

I am sure it would be hard for my child to be rejected and I understand wanting to do something about it - I can only imagine how hard it is to stand back and let them deal with it alone. I understand how helpful it would be to know what the issue was - she should try to get in the post graduate program after graduation. The information you have gained could help her, but the call may be an issue.

Good luck to both of you.

your one the only ones that understand where me and my mom are coming from. Thank you for being supportive! Hope you get the purple folder cause you would deserve it!:)

I think this 'new' test is great.
It's really not much more than a personality test about how you interact with coworkers, and guests. As well as what type of worker you are when it comes to working on your own. If it was automatically saying after this portion of the application that you weren't eligible, it would have to do with your responses (which is based on you and not really something that can be cheated on.) and that Disney's set way of CM standards and you unfortunately don't match.

I think this 'new' test is great.
It's really not much more than a personality test about how you interact with coworkers, and guests. As well as what type of worker you are when it comes to working on your own. If it was automatically saying after this portion of the application that you weren't eligible, it would have to do with your responses (which is based on you and not really something that can be cheated on.) and that Disney's set way of CM standards and you unfortunately don't match.

see but the thing is i have really good work ethic i work great by myself and with a group... any of my 5 or so managers would tell you this too... im always getting great remarks from customers and co-workers... the test also asked alot of questions about roommate situations. well i dont know how they wanted me to answr that but i said i perfer a roommate that is not messy because i like to keep my room situated.. and i couldnt live in a messy house you knwo what im saying. i dont know if that what i di wrong or not because i also didnt have any neutral answers they were mostly strongly agree or agree or strong disagree... i dont know tho oh well :confused3

I'd be really wondering too about why I didn't get in. Although I did post earlier about my experience with people who work for me having their parents contact me, I am curious if your mom got an answer to her email.

Also, did you ever say where your parents were invested in Disney? I was just wondering if it's DVC or what.

Hope things are looking up for you as you take the next step, whatever it may be.

OP as a Mom I feel for you but I agree with SBSTEEL if she had a chance in the future you just blew it.

My husband used to be a supervisior of many employees in a mental health clinic. Since they work with people in need all day and the pay isn't great they tend to be more flexable with their employees. My husband had a mom who every time her DD had any kind of bad day he got a call:scared1:. Employers want people who are independant and can speak up if there is a problem. Mom's calling is a BIG warning sign to stay away. I know you ment well but I wouldn't do it again even if it did make you feel better.

OK Ladies and Gentlemen,

korzmom has GOT THE POINT. We now have PAGES of threads on the subject. In the words of a hero of mine, before you judge em, try to love em, and dang, please review a thread before you take part in a bash fest. I'm deleting my first post because I didn't realize just how crazily out of hand this was gonna get :guilty:

I know she's a Steelers fan but come on! :lmao: jk

Olivia,

My degree is in Psychology and my husband like I said in a precious post was a manager for many years. He has dwegrees in Psych, Business and Social work. I think have an idea what they are looking for.

For example the roommate question you mentioned. They wanted to know can you be flexible enough to handle someone who is different from you. In roommate situations you will meet people of different backgrounds, faiths, sleeping habits and neatness. In that type of setting you need to be flexible enough to live with the majority of CM. If neatness is a must than you have just eliminated about half of the 18-25 year olds I have known as potential roommates. This would be a problem for Disney and they would assume this lack of flexibility is true in every aspect of your life.

It is the downfall of these kinds of tests as apposed to interviews. you have no way to explain your answer. You may have thought they want a neat hard working CM. What they want most is a team player.

Basically what they want is someone who can get along with 90% of the people they meet (not like.. just get along) someone who can follow orders with a smile but has enough self respect and confidence to report a problem and have a solution to said problem when they are asked.

If you get to take the test again ask yourself on each question what would a team player do. What would someone who had to consider the customer is always right do? If there is a problem how could you say that so that it is constructive instead of a complaint?

Hope this helps a little. Don't give up on your dream just yet if you have one more chance you have one more chance to succeed, Also the next time you are at Disney ask as many CM's as you can what they did and what was there experience with the tests. They are the key to Disney's true motives.
Sending Pixi dust to you and your mompixiedust:

Olivia,

My degree is in Psychology and my husband like I said in a precious post was a manager for many years. He has dwegrees in Psych, Business and Social work. I think have an idea what they are looking for.

For example the roommate question you mentioned. They wanted to know can you be flexible enough to handle someone who is different from you. In roommate situations you will meet people of different backgrounds, faiths, sleeping habits and neatness. In that type of setting you need to be flexible enough to live with the majority of CM. If neatness is a must than you have just eliminated about half of the 18-25 year olds I have known as potential roommates. This would be a problem for Disney and they would assume this lack of flexibility is true in every aspect of your life.

It is the downfall of these kinds of tests as apposed to interviews. you have no way to explain your answer. You may have thought they want a neat hard working CM. What they want most is a team player.

Basically what they want is someone who can get along with 90% of the people they meet (not like.. just get along) someone who can follow orders with a smile but has enough self respect and confidence to report a problem and have a solution to said problem when they are asked.

If you get to take the test again ask yourself on each question what would a team player do. What would someone who had to consider the customer is always right do? If there is a problem how could you say that so that it is constructive instead of a complaint?

Hope this helps a little. Don't give up on your dream just yet if you have one more chance you have one more chance to succeed, Also the next time you are at Disney ask as many CM's as you can what they did and what was there experience with the tests. They are the key to Disney's true motives.
Sending Pixi dust to you and your mompixiedust:

:worship::worship::worship:

Great Answer!!! I totally agree.

I have a question for the daughter who's dis name I forgot to write down. But have you ever considered doing a Professional internship? Or considered looking into it? I believe the only difference is you have to supply your own apartment and they are decent in Orlando. I have quite a few friends who have gone from CP to PI this year and they didn't have a problem. And there is one girl that I worked with who went from CP to Full timer, lives on her own, and her apartment is quite nice and cheap. A lot of complexes offer Cast Discounts on their apartments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter