Dissapointed again

You guys will do fine. Just think of yourself in a work environment. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and you'll be fine.

Oh yea I faxed my application today.Does anyone know about how long it will be until I hear back from them?

The college program is selective in who they pick, I think now more than ever. When I did my CP back in 2002 all I had to do was go to the presentation on my campus, fill out the application and then do the group interview.

One important thing to remember is that Disney really takes a look at prior job history and the types of jobs you did. That is a key thing. The College Program is not meant to be a first time job. It is meant to hone skills you already have. For example prior to doing my CP I had worked at a pizza shop and in my university's residence halls. They really look for people with experience in the jobs they offer.

just wanted to say my dd got dissapointed again,last year she got the dreaded rejection letter and then last night got the results from the web based test that said she didnt meet their criteria .. i think disney will be losing alot of good candidates this way and the quaility of cp cast memebers better not go down because of this hiring process. i have alot of money invested in wdw and would hate to see that happen. I wrote an email to the recruiters but it probably wont matter, it just made me feel a little better,but my dd is still heartbroken and just a bit p*****..

You wrote an email to your daughter's prospective employer?! :eek:

I know you feel her pain and are upset for her, but as a HR person, let me tell you this is one of the worst things you could do for her. She's in college, about to graduate and enter the real working world - this is not the time or place for mom to step in.

You wrote an email to your daughter's prospective employer?! :eek:

I know you feel her pain and are upset for her, but as a HR person, let me tell you this is one of the worst things you could do for her. She's in college, about to graduate and enter the real working world - this is not the time or place for mom to step in.

Totally agree with this commet

Oops my bad I faxed for the career start program.It's late and my brain aint at 100%.

Im CareerStart too! I faxed in my application a few days ago and sent my application in the mail two days ago. Im guessing I wont hear back to maybe wednsday next week when it gets all the way down to florida (I live in MA :rotfl:) and btw, Love your Randy banner! :thumbsup2

Lintasare makes a good point. While there are internships at Disney and we all applied for the CP or CS. The CP especially can be looked at as an internship. You, as a student, are taking the semester off to get college credit and work for a company that you want to further yourself at. (I think majority of us have that plan or at least are hopeful about a plan like that). Well...that's an internship. And internships are not meant for first time workers. They are meant to hone your skills and get you close to the next step in your career ladder. The CP is different from an internship in many ways but it is basically an internship opportunity. Most people would not apply for an internship as their first job. Does that mean it can't be a first job for someone or hasn't been? No. Not at all. But, it does mean that it will be harder to get in. Case in point, 90 percent of the web based interview is about prior working situations.

EDIT: retracting my original post :eeyore:

I also have to say the more people we can get complaining about the online interview the better haha :rotfl:

Im CareerStart too! I faxed in my application a few days ago and sent my application in the mail two days ago. Im guessing I wont hear back to maybe wednsday next week when it gets all the way down to florida (I live in MA :rotfl:) and btw, Love your Randy banner! :thumbsup2

You may hear from them sooner.They are changing the application so mailing it and the short response form and letter of recommendation are no longer required.

After taking the online interview, I did not consider it as bad as some of the ones i have taken in the past. 98% of it deals with customer service type questions, or roommate stuff, which is very important for the program. I just don't think it should be an end all for younger people who have never done it before. I posted some advice on how the online part, its a couple of posts down for anyone who has not done it yet.

I want to go to the presentation at a local school that's a month away from now and see how that is. I doubt they'll have any accommodations for me, but it can't HURT to go?

DEFINATELY go, I just heard from someone else on one of my other groups whose DD was refused the first time around but got in by going to a live recruiting session (or whatever they are called. So go go go and good luck! :yay:

maybe if everyone who agrees should email them with your opinions- i did. this was dd's last chance,she graduates after this semester and after she completes an internship,she was hoping to use the cp for her internship.

I am sorry to read your DD didn't get in. Tell her to go to any local in person recruitments. You just never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter