Distance from BWV to DHS via the path?

brettcw23

DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA
Folks - just trying to figure out how walk-able this is for my little ones. I can walk this in no time but not sure how they will hold up. Does anyone know the actual distance from BWV to DHS? I tried to Google Map it and it looks to be about 3/4 of a mile. Just curious if anyone knew for sure.

Posted by skelooch on another thread:

IGtoDHS1.jpg

If the kids are going to be walking in the parks, the walk between BW and DHS shouldn't be an issue. I walk it in about 15 mins, most people can walk it in 18 mins.
Or, you can take the boat.

It's a very pleasant, easy walk. If it's not too hot we always walk instead of taking the boat. Sometimes if we're tired after DHS we take the boat back and always get off at the Swolphin.

Easy walk but why walk when you can take the boat for a change of pace.

Save your feet for inside the parks. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

disneynutz said:
Easy walk but why walk when you can take the boat for a change of pace.

Save your feet for inside the parks. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

Because the boat can be outrageously hot and really really slow. We always walk. Takes about 15 minutes at a slow stroll from BWV.

depends upon where you are in the resort.

near the lobby around 18 mins - sometimes longer.

near the HC parking/tennis court - some of these are standard view - then 15 minutes maybe less.

We always walk. Takes about 15 minutes at a slow stroll from BWV.

ditto :thumbsup2
the walk is just sooooo nice that sometimes we turn around once we get to DHS, & come back.
the ferries are more crowded and noisy, the stroll is quiet & leisurely (we take pix, talk, laugh, skip....try all those on a ferry ;))

Most times in the morning we walk, nice & cool. In the afternoon we take the boat :boat: , why get sweaty. :confused3

Okay, granted, my wife and I are in our mid-30s without kids, but we were doing it in sub-10 from the Clown Pool 2 weeks ago.

We always walk it (one of the perks we enjoy staying at BWV). However, when the grandkids are with us, they find it a long walk (5 and 7). Sometimes we do grab the ferry if it's there (or coming in) when headed back. It takes us less than 15 minutes. (we are late 50s early 60s and find the walk enjoyable)

We love this walk! Especially at night. Yes, you're a little tired from the park, but you can't beat that view at night :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Okay, granted, my wife and I are in our mid-30s without kids, but we were doing it in sub-10 from the Clown Pool 2 weeks ago.

I usually make it in under 15 when just ambling along...I have long legs so tend to walk quickly. I did make it from the International Gateway to DHS turnstile once in under 18 mins, with a stop in my room at BWV!!! I was cranking. But had to get to DHS to see Osborne Lights before the park closed that night and had just watched IllumiNations!! Not such good planning on my part!

I will take the boat if it's there or coming in. I refuse to stand and wait for the boat to get there...could be up to 15 mins or so, depending on how many boats they have in service. Then, it's about 20 mins from BW to DHS on the boat. If it's really hot or humid and I don't want to walk, I take the boat. But that doesn't happen often. It's just so much easier to walk it!

I usually make it in under 15 when just ambling along...I have long legs so tend to walk quickly. I did make it from the International Gateway to DHS turnstile once in under 18 mins, with a stop in my room at BWV!!! I was cranking. But had to get to DHS to see Osborne Lights before the park closed that night and had just watched IllumiNations!! Not such good planning on my part!

I will take the boat if it's there or coming in. I refuse to stand and wait for the boat to get there...could be up to 15 mins or so, depending on how many boats they have in service. Then, it's about 20 mins from BW to DHS on the boat. If it's really hot or humid and I don't want to walk, I take the boat. But that doesn't happen often. It's just so much easier to walk it!

We're city kids, so walking slow only happens at the end of the day. Your last point is dead on. It could be easier to cross the bridge to Swan & Dolphin and sometimes faster, but I still like the walking route better.

We walk it as well....with our kids. We've found that it can be quicker then taking the boat most times especially after the park closes and there is a larger line waiting for the boat. With all the stops...walking will work.

We're city kids, so walking slow only happens at the end of the day. Your last point is dead on. It could be easier to cross the bridge to Swan & Dolphin and sometimes faster, but I still like the walking route better.

I do that if the boat just left BW and I want to take it. I just walk over to the S/D and hop on there. Doesn't happen often as I really enjoy the walk to DHS from BW, but every once in awhile it is nice to be able to do!!!
I'm with you...I can't really walk slowly!!! I try but the pace just keeps edging up!!!!:confused3:cool1:

Posted by skelooch on another thread:

IGtoDHS1.jpg

We walk it in the morning, but at night, I'll take any other mode of transportation NOT to walk after all day in the park. It is a pleasant walk and we do really take our time. I can walk it in 15 minutes, but take 20-25 with my husband at a leisurely pace.

Little kids can do as long as their not too tired. Be careful of the water though, there's no barrier between the path and the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter