DL Christmas or DCA Segway Tours??

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
Does DL have a Christmas Tour? And I also heard a rumor awhile ago about a Segway Tour at DCA, but I haven't heard anything since. Anybody know anything? Thinking I might need to reserve some spots soon if they are offered. Thanks! :tinker:

I called about the Segway tour and was told that they coudln't get the insurance needed for the tour, so it has been canceled. Bummer. :guilty:
We did the Segway tour at Epcot in March and it was fantastic. It would have been great to have at CA.

yes, they will be offering the holiday tour this year but haven't come out with the full info yet-sigh, We keep calling so as soon as I hear I will post the info.

Bummer about the Segway Tour. Wonder why WDW can do it, but DL can't? Tried to do the tour last year at WDW, but we went around Christmas, and they didn't offer it during that time. Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks for the info on Christmas Tour. Another question: What do they do for the Christmas Tour? About how much will it be, and is it worth it? Thanks! :tinker:

According to a Mouseplanet post the Christmas tour starts Nov 17, with tickets going on sale Oct 15. I don't know how accurate the info is, but you can always call Sunday and see if they have any info on this.

Thanks so much samjk!! I swear I have been calling everyday to find out and just keep hearing, "Not yet"!! I will call first thing Sunday morning!!

I am always looking for extra surprises and fun things to do and this year I have my heart set on doing the tour and picking the later one to try and get the fireworks ps. We have such a difficult time waiting for the fireworks, I though this would be a nice surprise! I heard a "rumor" they were setting up the ps near the cookie making place, do you know?

fidoprincess said:
Thanks so much samjk!! I swear I have been calling everyday to find out and just keep hearing, "Not yet"!! I will call first thing Sunday morning!!

I am always looking for extra surprises and fun things to do and this year I have my heart set on doing the tour and picking the later one to try and get the fireworks ps. We have such a difficult time waiting for the fireworks, I though this would be a nice surprise! I heard a "rumor" they were setting up the ps near the cookie making place, do you know?
What's this?? :confused3 Do you mean that you get priority seating for the fireworks if you book a tour? :cheer2: And what is the cookie making place?? Thanks and still wondering what the tour is. :tinker:

tinkermell said:
:cheer2: And what is the cookie making place??:
Nestle hosts cookie baking for kids. Its free, for kids 4 -12 (I think thats the cut off). Its held at the end of mainstreet- if facing the castle it would be to the left- right before you turn the corner into Adventure land. Its on the front porch of that building. There are pin carts and a DVC cart our front. Its every hour from about 11:30 -3:30 or something like that. There will be a sign posted with hours. Get there about 10-15 min early.

They also usually offer holiday cookie decorating somewhere in the park. Its about $5. You get a large cookie, some sprinkles and a couple colors of frosting. It used to be held at the fire station. Last year they had it with Santa in the big thunder ranch area.

samjk, I keep looking for the post on the "other board" and can't find it, any hints?

Hey tinkermell, They always have tours to do, discover the magic, walk in walt's footsteps are just some of them. You pay for them and reserve them ahead of time. I think the tours cost around $50 with some discounts like ap, disney visa or aaa available. They usually have a holiday tour where you go on HMH and HSM and then get ps for either the parade or the fireworks and get a little snack like cookies and coco.

The cookie making thing is something different. It's for kids only to do and is across from the Plaza Inn by the big pin cart area at the hub. The kids get to mix up dough and then get chocolate chip cookies. Its all "magic" since the dough gets thrown away-lol but the cookies appear instantly. There is an age limit though so check the sign in the park. You don't reserve, you just wait in line and that is all year long. There is also a cookie decorating activity by BTM in the Reindeer Roundup area over the holidays where you pay $6 (I think) and get a cookie, iceing and sprinkles! Very cute!!

fidoprincess said:
samjk, I keep looking for the post on the "other board" and can't find it, any hints?

Hey tinkermell, They always have tours to do, discover the magic, walk in walt's footsteps are just some of them. You pay for them and reserve them ahead of time. I think the tours cost around $50 with some discounts like ap, disney visa or aaa available. They usually have a holiday tour where you go on HMH and HSM and then get ps for either the parade or the fireworks and get a little snack like cookies and coco.

The cookie making thing is something different. It's for kids only to do and is across from the Plaza Inn by the big pin cart area at the hub. The kids get to mix up dough and then get chocolate chip cookies. Its all "magic" since the dough gets thrown away-lol but the cookies appear instantly. There is an age limit though so check the sign in the park. You don't reserve, you just wait in line and that is all year long. There is also a cookie decorating activity by BTM in the Reindeer Roundup area over the holidays where you pay $6 (I think) and get a cookie, iceing and sprinkles! Very cute!!
Sorry, but what is HMH and HSM??? I know that once you tell me, I'll think...DUH!! Anyways, thanks everyone for your input. It is very much appreciated! :tinker:

LOL-Sorry, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Holiday Small World. DL takes these 2 attractions and real "dresses them up" for the holidays. Small World becomes a Christmas Wonderland and they sing Jingle Bells-it is great but my favorite of all is Haunted Mansion. They retheme the whole attraction to the Nightmare Before Christmas movie with Jack Skellington and the Oogie Boogie with cool cool things! I just love it and now the movie will be re-released soon in 3D so be sure to watch it before you come to DL in case you've never seen it!

tinkermell said:
Bummer about the Segway Tour. Wonder why WDW can do it, but DL can't? Tried to do the tour last year at WDW, but we went around Christmas, and they didn't offer it during that time. Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks for the info on Christmas Tour. Another question: What do they do for the Christmas Tour? About how much will it be, and is it worth it? Thanks! :tinker:

They do do the segway tours at WDW over the Christmas period but you have to book a long way in advance as they only do 1 a day instead of the usual 2. We did the tour on December 27th last year and had a great time.

I did the Holiday Tour last year. We got to cut the line for Haunted Mansion and Small World. The PS was for the parade. We sat in chairs down by IASM to see the parade and got a rice crispy treat and hot chocolate in a holiday mug (we could keep). We also got a holiday pin. I don't remember that PS for the fireworks was an option, just the parade. I enjoyed it.

In case anyone is interested in the Holiday Tour, my DH called vacation planning today and asked about the tour. They took our information and are supposed to call us back on 11/25 to let us know if they were able to get us tickets for the Christmas day tour! :santa: It's $59 per person and includes the ride on Haunted Mansion, IASW, a PS for the Christmas parade, a treat, coco, and a special pin!

We also requested tickets for balcony seating for fantasmic for 12/23. We still need to figure out where we want to make dining reservations and I need to look over the gift basket list from Vacation Planning and order something special for DH and DD :love:

Only 68 days until we're there..I can't wait! :mickeyjum

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter