DL onsite stay question

mikayla73

DIS Veteran
I know that GC has entrances into DCA and DTD. The one to DTD is generally open during the day, but there is a gate that can be closed, but can be opened with a room key? Is it any Disney hotel room key, or only GC room keys?

TIA!

I'm almost positive it's only GC room keys. I've heard any guest on the resort property can use the exits but only the GC guests can enter. I could be wrong though so don't hold me to it!

We were staying off site 4 yrs ago. We had dinner at PP & trekked over to GC & walked into DCA that way, no questions asked so I think anyone can enter. I know it was DCA & not DTD but I imagine they'd all be the same...

We have stayed off site before and went to see the GC. We entered DTD though the GC entrance, that's how I knew about the gate and stuff. I haven't ever used the DCA enterance.

Since I haven't stayed onsite, I just wondered if all the Disney Hotels were able to use those entrances/exits.

Thanks!

I don't know about the DTD entrance but when we were there in May we stayed at the PP hotel and we used the GC DCA entrance and were told that the GC gate was only for Disney resort guests.

This year we stayed at DLH, and entered DCA through GCH. We came from DTD too. They never said a thing to us about where we were staying!

There isn't a gate to put a key in there. I believe anyone can enter or exit through GCH to DCA. They want you to spend money at the restaurants and shops at GCH and tons of people were going in the gate from DCA to go to Storytellers and WWSnacks. We used the entrance many times and were never asked anything. We were staying at the DLH and the CM commented on our room key hanging off my bag as if you could only go into DCA from there early in the morning if you were staying at a resort hotel. I have read that before too but not the exact times.

There is no gate to put the key in but there are 2 turnstyles with ticket scanners and also a security check table. The whole time we were going back and forth, there were only maybe 2 or 3 CMs working the entrance.

I was actually talking about a gate being at the DTD entrance. It has been open everytime I have gone through it, just wondered if there was a time it was closed and if any Diney Hotel key would open it, if it was closed.

I haven't ever used the DCA entrance, I have seen it from DCA, but never been through it.

mikayla73 said:
I was actually talking about a gate being at the DTD entrance. It has been open everytime I have gone through it, just wondered if there was a time it was closed and if any Diney Hotel key would open it, if it was closed.

I haven't ever used the DCA entrance, I have seen it from DCA, but never been through it.

The only time I have seen the gate from GCH to DTD "monitored" was when it was pouring rain last January on a Saturday morning. They had a CM posted there at the gate and were checking for GCH hotel keys. The CM said that the lobby was getting too full with people trying to get out of the rain, so they were only letting guests go in. It's been open all of the other times I have been there.

As for the DCA entrance, I believe it is only for hotel guests to enter DCA until a certain time of day - around noon or 1pm. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter