DLP at Christmas/Davy Crocket/Baby and Toddler!

Carrotclubber

Earning My Ears
Hi we are visiting DLP in December for 4 nights to hopefully enjoy the festivities! Going with 2 children - one will be 6 mths the other 2 and a half. Anyone got any top tips for what to do and how to do it with kids this young? We are staying at the Davy Crocket so any advice about there would be appreciated too.
Is Cafe Mickey the best place for a character lunch do you think?
All help much appreciated!! :)

Welcome to the DIS Carrotclubber!! :wave2:

Here and here are a couple of recent threads on a similar subject. Hope they help you a bit. :D

My DD was just under two and a half when we took her to DLP and she just loved the whole place!!

Just to say how much our family enjoy camp davy crockett, is's a great place to stay & worth it for the wonderful pool.

A visit to the pool is a great way to break up your day & I would think a lovely warm visit if it's very cold out side.

Cafe Mickey is fantastic! Not been for a character lunch there, only an evening meal, and the food was great (not sure if they have the same menu at lunch or if it's a buffet at lunch). The characters were great of course and it was lovely and colourful inside. Can't wait for our character breakfast there next month!

Thanks everyone - good to hear Davy Crockett should be ok - we thought s/c would be easier with the 2 kids - my only misgiving about it is the car ride to the park - will we have to park a long way out do you think?
I hope we have made the right choice - I did like the idea of popping back to a hotel room on site for a break during the day - however having separate bedrooms seemed like a better idea for an evening and getting the kids off to bed (hopefully!!). I am so excited about our trip!!!
Thanks for the support re. Cafe Mickey - must make a booking......Do you all reckon it is worth doing restaurant reservations for Sat and Sun - I just struggle to know where we will be at a particular time and don't want to tie us down too much.
Also - sorry I am full of questions - what's the food like at Davy Crockett????

Tks again everyone for your help :bounce:

its a while since we stayed at Davy crockett but in my opinion the food is only OK but convienient. If given a choice I' d eat at Disney village or at the Marnee le Valee (spelling??????) shopping centre.

If eating in the park I recommend at least 1 meal at Cafe Hyperion(spelling again?) next to Space mountain, the food is basic takeaway burgers etc with childrens meals. But eating in there means you can combine eating with watching which ever show is on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter