DLP guide book?

dlpSteve said:
A Brit's Guide to Disneyland Resort Paris - don't be put off by the title, it's suitable for anyone from anywhere. I have every DLRP book that I've ever been able to find and for a guidebook nothing comes close to this. All the information you could ever want and even sample trip planners too! It's alo great to read in between trips to stop you missing the place too much, errr, so I've heard :rolleyes1

Yes i agree this book was brilliant. I used it for my first time at DLP a few weeks ago and it was very useful! If you do not want to buy a book though, you could see if there are any at your local library which is what I did with this book.

Miffy2003 said:
Don't worry Kitty-chan! There are lots of restaurants in Disney Village and all the hotels which serve till late. Remember DLP is so small you can easily walk between the parks, the village and the onsite hotels (or get a bus to the further away hotels but even they are walkable if they are onsite)
That's good to know. :earsgirl:

I do get the impression that going to DLP is a lot more like going to DL/Anaheim than it is like WDW. We'll be staying at Hotel Cheyenne, so it sounds like we can do everything on foot (or hop a shuttle if we're really tired).

humbug83 said:
Yes i agree this book was brilliant. I used it for my first time at DLP a few weeks ago and it was very useful! If you do not want to buy a book though, you could see if there are any at your local library which is what I did with this book.
I may just weaken and buy a copy from amazon.co.uk. It's not available in libraries around here -- I'm in the US, and foreign books aren't often available (I've checked). Or I figure Shakespeare and Co in Paris must stock this and/or other English-language DLP guides that I can't get here in the US, and I'll be in Paris for a few days before going to DLP anyway. Or I'll pick up a French guide and muddle along with my very poor French and a English/French dictionary. :rotfl2:

:banana: :
disneyholic family said:
our visit inside the park was not at all efficient and we were very unknowledgeable about what the rides were....

with Simon's guide you have a very good idea of what everything is, so you can plan your day.....

it's funny, as i read his guide i kept saying to myself, "oh, that was what that was..."....

it's definitely worth the investment....
QUOTE]

I heartily agree with this! :cheer2:

My first visit was hopelessly disorganised and it was only when I read Simon's book that I realised exactly how much I had missed. My second visit was much better organised. I knew which rides I actually could go on [I suffer with arthritis and on my first visit I backed away from a load of rides because I had no idea whether they would be 'safe' for me! :crazy: :crazy] I was also more adventurous foodwise because I had a fair idea of what each restaurant served and charged. It made for a much more pleasant visit and I got so much more out.

There are still a number of rides I didn't manage to get on when I went but --- Let's hear it for visit 3 due November 06 :banana: :rotfl2:

It's too late to get it here. We are going to be arriving in London on Wednesday AM. We leave Friday mid-day to Paris. Anywhere I can find this book in London? We will be touring the usual downtown sites and we are staying in the Finchely rd/swiss cottage area.

Does Sainsburys have this book? There is one near the hotel that I know of.

TIA

Hi there,

You should be able to get the book in most large WH Smiths, Waterstones, Borders or any other large booksellers :)

eta: I really doubt Sainsbury's will stock this - my local Sainsbury's only stock Top 20 books, which this would never be :(

Just thought I'd report that a few copies of the Brit's Guide to DLRP showed up on ebay, and I've bought one. Much cheaper than paying for the Amazon international shipping! It's a 2003 edition, but what the heck, it's a lot better than having to wait until Shakespeare and Company. pirate:

I am so excited about my trip. I'll be there in 2 months! (And um yeah, I'm looking forward to Paris too, really I am, it's not just an excuse to go to Disney . . . :rotfl2: )

Miffy2003 said:
Hi there,

You should be able to get the book in most large WH Smiths, Waterstones, Borders or any other large booksellers :)

eta: I really doubt Sainsbury's will stock this - my local Sainsbury's only stock Top 20 books, which this would never be :(

i bought Simon's DLP guide when i was in London in February.
Borders definitely did NOT have it. They didn't even know what i was talking about.
I can't remember if I finally found it in Smiths or Waterstones. But I believe that both of those chains are supposed to carry it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter