DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the 35% off room rate for August, I wonder if they will apply it to a later reservation if I rebook/modify my August reservation? I have gotten called about it but they left a VM saying my 8/4 reservation needed to be canceled or modified. They did not indicate if I would get the discount on a later booking. They did say I could not book for any earlier than 8/23/20. I think that is optimistic at best.

I will try to call this weekend and see what they say.
Hi Michelle! I am not sure if my situation is different since we were originally at the DLH, but when I changed our August reservation to September, they said the rate would remain the same up until 9/30. So I could change to any time prior to 9/30 and keep the same rate I had. Hope you and your family are doing well! :goodvibes

I just proactively called for my August 9-12 reservations. She said they aren't accepting reservation prior to August 16, with a hopeful August 15 park opening. I am working our schedule around 2 kids in college, so ideally I'd like to push our reservations to summer 2021. She said 2021 typically opens the first few weeks of August. She recommended I move my reservations to October 4 which is the latest she could give me all the same discounts. She recommended I flat out cancel and then rebook when 2021 opens.

I kept my existing reservations because I got a good deal on the hotel, then had the 30% discount from moving from June to August on top of that, plus my ticket price is from before the increase. If I cancel and have to rebook I'm looking at a huge price increase. I'll wait a few weeks and see if 2021 opens before my reservation dates and if I can move it then.

@GenGen22 posted an article that mentioned the face mask/gaiter issue. But it looks like Disneyland has updated their website to say gaiters and bandanas are not allowed. I’ve seen people wear these at DTD but maybe they will begin telling people they can’t wear them.
13DCF672-79C8-4E1A-B825-D5EDDB99E54A.png

From the DLR website:
disneyland.disney.go.com

Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party – 2020 Temporarily Unavailable
Add even more magic to your visit with this unique experience at Disneyland Resort.
disneyland.disney.go.com
disneyland.disney.go.com

And: Disneyland Resort Confirms That Oogie Boogie Bash Will Not Happen in 2020

are people really surprised that Oggie Boogie is cancelled?? I expected it to be cancelled.

Is there any more info on when DL will open? I want to plan a trip for mid October but only if the park will be open.

Is there any more info on when DL will open? I want to plan a trip for mid October but only if the park will be open.
As long as the numbers in CA keep growing at the rate they are, DL won't be opening. I am hoping by October, but no one knows. Currently, room reservations only available after Sept 1. That means nothing though as they have just kept rolling reservation dates out.

As long as the numbers in CA keep growing at the rate they are, DL won't be opening. I am hoping by October, but no one knows. Currently, room reservations only available after Sept 1. That means nothing though as they have just kept rolling reservation dates out.
Does anyone know what day of the week they have been sending out cancellation emails for people with disney hotel reservations? We are supposed to be staying over labour day weekend and we are just holding on as long as we can....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter