• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

do children have to use the kids buffet?

ammag

DIS Veteran
Can children eat from the regular options? My daughter will not want mac n cheese and chicken nuggets! If they expect the kids to only use kids buffet will we be able to give her food from our plates?

There is no separate child's buffet at any of the restaurants that offer it.

The pricing is just different, because it is expected the child will eat much less. She does not have to "share" off your plate.

They can eat whatever they want. I think its just "kids" selections, making sure there is something they would like. This is why we try and book as many buffets as possible. They get a better selection, and there is usually fruit selections, and if they dont like something, they can grab something else, and not walk away hungry.

I agree with the previous responders...kids can eat whatever they want on the buffets.

Some of the buffets (I know of Boma and Crystal Palace for sure) have what I would call a "kids" sections, where you will find the typical chicken tenders and cheese pizza. These are sort of set apart from the main buffet. However, other buffets, such as Cape May, don't really have a seperate area, but you will still find chicken fingers and cheese pizza sort of mixed in with the main buffet.

Bottom line...let them have whatever they want. :banana:

There is no such thing as a "kids buffet" or even an "adult buffet" at Disney. They have buffets with one section lower to the floor which has on it items that kids tend to enjoy (such as pizza, hot dogs, chicken strips, mac & cheese, etc.). Any person at the buffet (including children less than age three who are free) can get anything from any part of the buffet.

Kids can eat from the "adult" buffet and adults can eat from the "kids" buffet. As PPs have said, it isn't a separate buffet. Instead, there is a section that is simply lower to the floor so kids can reach it more easily with choices that they think appeals to kids (mac&cheese, chicken nuggets, pizza, etc.). Anyone can eat whatever they want anywhere in the buffet. :goodvibes

Glad to have found this thread I was wondering this as well. My 4yo is not into "kid" food she much prefers things that most kids don't eat well (such as salad being her favorite meal :) )so glad to hear that she won't be restricted to just the kids buffet.

thanks! I am so glad..the way it is worded in descriptions it sounds separate/made me question :)

As stated, kids can eat anything they want. I think buffets are fantastic choices for families with kids who eat food beyond chicken nuggets and mac & cheese because the kids get a wide variety of 'adult' food on their plate if that is what they'd like to eat.

On top of that...a number of the buffets have a lot of really good options that are technically "non-kid" that my kids actually prefer. It makes me feel much better about paying the higher buffet prices knowing that the kiddos are eating some of the better offerings on the respective buffets.

My son is a picky eater and doesn't many of the "kid's foods" he loves the buffets where he can make a meal out of peel and eat shrimp, some white rice and hopefully salad.

My son is a picky eater and doesn't many of the "kid's foods" he loves the buffets where he can make a meal out of peel and eat shrimp, some white rice and hopefully salad.

Your kid has a pretty refined palate:thumbsup2 Good for him:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter