Do Deluxe Rooms at AKL sleep 5?

WDW2000

DIS Veteran<br><font color=FF6600>The TF is an equ
I booked a Deluxe room at AKL with 5 people , but just read that these rooms have either King/daybed, queen/bunk, or 2 queens. It would seem that would only sleep 4? Do these queen/bunk rooms also have a daybed that wasn't mentioned? I'm confused.:confused:

The deluxe rooms at AKL also have a daybed. So yes, they do sleep 5. If you're concerned about getting a room with a king bed (which I wouldn't be) just call and have it noted on your reservation that there will be 5 people in the room and you need 2 queens and a daybed.

IMOH, 5 in a AKL Deluxe will be very tight, not to mention only one bathroom. You might want to get two rooms.

Either way have a great trip.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

Our AKL deluxe room just had 2 queens and a chair.....but then we only had 4 people. I don't think 5 people would be too cramped on one, though. I wouldn't bother spending the extra on 2 rooms.

The only AKL Deluxe rooms that sleep 5 in their 'native' state are the Queen/bunkbed/daybed Deluxe rooms. The Deluxe rooms that are configured with 2 queens do not have a daybed and are for 4, the Deluxe rooms that have a King bed only have the daybed so are for 3.

The Deluxe rooms are ~380 sq. ft. compared to the ~340 sq. ft. of the Standard AKL/WL rooms. The largest rooms I've stayed in are at the Poly at ~410 sq. ft. and they easily hold 2 'full' queens and a daybed. The beds at the AKL/WL are some kind of mutant Queen IMHO - they are not as large as a Poly Queen but larger than a DxL double (the next time I stay there I need to measure them :-) so I think the room size will be ok - depending on how many adults will be in the room. Having a single bathroom is more of an issue (especially with more adults).

Also - for each additional adult (more than 2 per room over 18) there may be an additional charge - depends on how sticky the front desk folks are.

Our family of 5 just stayed in an AKL deluxe with Queen/bunkbeds/daybed and had no problems fitting in. We spent most of our trip at the contemporary and that room was a bit larger and had more storage, but the AKL deluxe was a nice room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter