Do Disney Park Reservations Guarantee Reentry This New Year’s Eve?

We are leaving EPCOT now (9:43) and they seem to be letting people right in. It feels crowded in the world showcase but not an insane crush outside of the main walkways and dance party areas. We skipped a Remy FP return because the LL line had at least 5 switchbacks before we could even scan the first tap points.

Sounds like running 6:30pm fireworks made it so we won’t have an answer to this q tonight. That diabolical Mouse 🤔

Honestly I think the internet (the general internet, not talking about anyone specific) makes NYE in the parks out to be worse than it really is. We were all over yesterday and there was nothing close to capacity. Crowded, yes, but just a very busy day and you can’t always accomplish what you might on another day. Post Covid NYE has been a shell of its former self for whatever reason, park reservations, cost, etc, and yesterday continued that trend, in my opinion.

I was in Magic Kingdom yesterday with a park reservation. I had posted this exact question a few weeks ago in the main thread. The park was surprisingly uncrowded to my eyes throughout the early day. I left around 4:30 to walk back to the contemporary – my bag was getting heavy and at that point, I was willing to take the risk. When I asked a cast member at the exit if I would be let back in, they sent me to ask another at the entry where you tap in.

Her answer was that if I came back soon, yes – that they were not at capacity; but if I tried to get back in at 11:00 that might not be the case. I returned about an hour later to watch the early fireworks and the crowd was already backed halfway down Main Street.
The fireworks were amazing and I was mentally prepared for the crowd, but afterwards the massive surge all seemed to turn towards the exit, so I headed into a close store to wait the masses and then left.

We were at MK for most of the day yesterday. We got there at 8am and left around 3pm for a quick rest back at the resort. When we left on the fairy, there was a total of 10 people on the boat. Waiting to load there was maybe 15 people. When we came back around 6:30pm, we were the only car coming in the through the booths. We got on the monorail over and there was maybe 20 people in line.

The walkways felt very open last night. The rides did have some long waits, but we had LL’s stacked so it made it enjoyable. The only time we felt crowded was about 10 minutes before the fireworks started people started trying to push into the area we had been sitting/standing in for awhile. My wife literally had to tell a lady that her party of 12 could not fit in a 5 ft square space in front of her.

Overall I thought it wasn’t overly crowded. I have been during the summer where it was way more crowded.

Heck, Disney Springs tonight feels way more crowded than MK did last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter