Do DVCers get a discount at Jellyrolls?

DVCajun

<font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong
having trouble logging in at dvcmember.com -- can anyone help me out?

I was there in February and was told that they only give discounts to cast members. I asked about DVC and AP. I thought I had read on Allears that DVC members do get a discount($2?) so I was surprised. The girl at the door said she has worked there for 6 months and has never heard of a DVC discount.

Of course, I didn't want to argue so I paid my $10 and went in and had a great time. Not only is the music good, but the people watching is even better! :cool1:

As another FYI - they don't accept room charges but take cash and plastic for drinks.

There is definitely not a discount at Jellyrolls for DVC members or AP members. Cast members get in free, but that's it.

Well, shoot. I could've sworn there was a discount for us. I must have been thinking of Atlantic Dance.

I can't believe this myself, but I've never been to Jellyrolls, and I've been a BWV member since '98! :eek: I'm definitely trying it out this year.

Well, shoot. I could've sworn there was a discount for us. I must have been thinking of Atlantic Dance.

I can't believe this myself, but I've never been to Jellyrolls, and I've been a BWV member since '98! :eek: I'm definitely trying it out this year.

Oh you must go, when I was a CP I went nearly every Tuesday for a couple of months.

JellyRolls is a chain and not owned or operated by Disney. I don't recall that there was ever a discount for DVC members there.

Only went once a few years ago - had a good time, but couldn't stay long due to all the smoke. Won't/Can't go back until the place either goes smoke free or installs some decent ventilation to draw the smoke out of a dedicated non-smoking section. I don't think I am their "target market", LOL.

had a good time, but couldn't stay long due to all the smoke. Won't/Can't go back until the place either goes smoke free or installs some decent ventilation to draw the smoke out of a dedicated non-smoking section.
OMG isn't that the truth! That is just a shame, as it really is a fun place.

I think I smoked about 3 packs without ever lighting up. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

MG

OMG isn't that the truth! That is just a shame, as it really is a fun place.

I think I smoked about 3 packs without ever lighting up. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

MG

See, now that concerns me. I wish I could get a clue about just *how* smoky the place really is. It seems like the DIS threads on the topic have run the gamut from "I could barely see through the smoke cloud much less breathe," to "it wasn't that bad and I've got asthma."

DW and I have owned at BWV since 1998 and not been to Jellyrolls either. We have gone to the resort as a couple, with friends, family, and now our 4 year old DS. This summer we are definitely making a stop there! :cool1: (As long as one of the family members can kidsit. Never heard about the smoke before, but if it gets unbearable, we can always just walk back upstairs, right?

Is one night better to go than others? We will be checking in Sunday and out on Friday.

I think I'm the DIS resident Jellyrolls expert. I go there pretty much every night of every trip (about 15-20 times a year at least).

I also wish they would make it non-smoking. I feel bad for the piano players sitting their, singing away, breathing in all that second hand smoke night after night.

I'm allergic to smoke, and in all the times I've been there (it must be 100 times now--I've been going since 1997), I've only had the cigarette smoke bother me a couple of times. If you get their early, you should be fine for at least a couple of hours unless you have a smoker right on top of you.

I think I'm the DIS resident Jellyrolls expert. I go there pretty much every night of every trip (about 15-20 times a year at least).

I also wish they would make it non-smoking. I feel bad for the piano players sitting their, singing away, breathing in all that second hand smoke night after night.

I'm allergic to smoke, and in all the times I've been there (it must be 100 times now--I've been going since 1997), I've only had the cigarette smoke bother me a couple of times. If you get their early, you should be fine for at least a couple of hours unless you have a smoker right on top of you.
As the resident expert, can you tell me if any of the weeknights is better (less crowded, better entertainment) to attend than the others?

Thanks?

As the resident expert, can you tell me if any of the weeknights is better (less crowded, better entertainment) to attend than the others?

Thanks?

I find that Sundays and Mondays tend to be the lease quiet. Tuesdays and Saturdays tend to be the most busy. Fridays are very busy as well. Wednesdays and Thursdays can go either way.

As for better entertainment, it really depends on the crowd. Most nights are great. There's been a couple nights I've been there when it's a bit slow because the crowd is picking bad song after bad song, or not requesting at all. But overall, most nights are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter