Do I Have Time?

jjjones325

Tar Heel Born and Tar Heel Bred
Got an ADR at Yak & Yeti for 6. My FP window opened today and I got an FOP for 6:30 - 7:30. Right now nothing is available to change either of those. Even tried looking at changinig my ADR to lunch.

Thinking I could probably make it by 7:30, but with the combo of the 15 minute grace period and possibly a sympathetic CM if I showed my dining receipt, my gut says I'm good.

But, wanted other folks' thoughts.

Thanks!

You can try it. That gives you 80 minutes to eat, pay, and make it there. I think you are good.

try to show up at Yak & Yeti a few minutes early, they may let you in if they're not too crazy. if you're really worried about it, you could look at the menu earlier in the day and decide what you want so you waste less time.

You will be pushed, but it might work. As others have said, arrive early and look at menu before hand. Also, tell the waitress that you are trying to make a FP. If you are doing appetizers, entrees and desserts, you can put everything in at one time. They will come out closer together that way.

I encountered a situation at Skipper Canteen in Mk where I was running late for FP. The waitress told me to take my recipt showing I was caught up at an ADR and they would let me in. It ended up being a non-issue, but worth a shot if you are running behind. I had never heard that before so I don’t know how generally accepted the practice is.

In my opinion this is the classic "how can I cram as much in as possible" I know there is a lot pressure to do that but my recommendation is to choose what is your biggest priority and then cancel the other one. For what you pay for dinner its no fun to feel that you have to rush through the entire meal. If it was me I would keep my FP+ and then continue to look for a doable reservation like maybe 7pmish. You will enjoy yourself much more.

Do you and anyone in your party get even a little motion sick? If yes eat earlier. I don't like having to ever rush though a meal to be someplace else right after. That's when something goes wrong like they don't seat you at your ADR time, happens all the time ADR is 6:00 but you are seated until 6:10, those ten minutes can make a difference when you are trying to make a ride.

You should be fine. I would check-in at 5:45 and look over a menu beforehand so you have an idea of what you want to order. Yak & Yeti dinner can comfortably be done in an hour total meal time. The only snafu you could hit is if you have a longer than usual wait time to be seated and for that reason, and because it's FOP where asking for grace is more likely to not work than any other ride, ultimately I would try to move that dinner up by a half hour or so.

I will second the recommendation that if anyone in your party is prone to motion sickness, eating right before the ride may be problematic. My husband, who is not prone to motion sickness, felt dreadful after FOP (although he loved it).

There is not a CM on the PLANET that would deny your FP while you have a fresh TS receipt in hand. Trust me on this. Disney does NOT want you to have to make decisions that will cost them money. You'll be fine.

I'll reiterate what others have said. Simply get a Landry's Select Card and you don't even need an ADR. The card gets you priority seating at Y&Y (and Rainforest) even before those with ADR's. Simply show up whenever you want, show your card to the hostess and you will be seated quickly. It's $25 to join, but that $25 goes toward your bill. You can also make your travel month your birthday month so you get a $25 bonus toward your bill.

I have a Landry's Card, and swear by it. But...If you don't want to go that route, arrive a bit early for your ADR. When you are seated, tell your server. As soon as your food arrives, ask for your check. Settle the check while you are eating.

I'll reiterate what others have said. Simply get a Landry's Select Card and you don't even need an ADR. The card gets you priority seating at Y&Y (and Rainforest) even before those with ADR's. Simply show up whenever you want, show your card to the hostess and you will be seated quickly. It's $25 to join, but that $25 goes toward your bill. You can also make your travel month your birthday month so you get a $25 bonus toward your bill.

Do I can just tell them my travel month is also my birthday month? I don't have to show proof to get it or use it?

Yes - also good at the Boathouse and the Dinosaur Restaurant at DS (can't remember the name!). If your going to universal Bubba Gump is also Landry's.

Yes - also good at the Boathouse and the Dinosaur Restaurant at DS (can't remember the name!). If your going to universal Bubba Gump is also Landry's.

Not the BOAThouse at Disney Springs. I realize that Landry's Select club lists a restaurant called the Boathouse, but it is a different restaurant. I believe that they are in Canada

Not the BOAThouse at Disney Springs. I realize that Landry's Select club lists a restaurant called the Boathouse, but it is a different restaurant. I believe that they are in Canada

Oh my thanks for the correction - I was going to try and stop in during our next trip using the card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter