Do I have to wait to 7mos to book Hotel on Pts

catherines_mama

DIS Veteran
Hi. I have a res for our Home resort but was planning to move it anyway. Our 7 mos window comes soon and I want to book at a hotel. Trip will be DD sweet 16 and I want to book where she wants to stay. It will just be her, her BFF and me, and they want to stay at a MOD. We don't need the villa perks so it's okay and the pts are the same for our plans.

Do I need to wait to 7 mos window to make the changes or I can pull the trigger a week early? Yes timing.. it is close to easter so I'm getting worried.

You might want to check for Disney cash rates, discounts , and the DVC cash discount. It may be a better value to rent out your points and book using cash.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
Using points for hotels are horrible uses of points. Disney simply doesn't give enough value there to make it worthwhile.

For example, on a podcast devoted to DVC, they were saying that a point is worth about $23 in CRO booking value to stay at a DVC resort, but Disney will only give you about $7.50 in exchange value.

You could rent out points for about $12/point.

So. If, for example, your hotel stay cost 100 points, rent out those points and pay in cash, the difference is $450 bucks - in your pocket or in points savings.

Not suggesting that you don't grant your daughter's wish. I'm just saying that there are better bang for your buck ways to do so.

Worth considering.

Last edited:
Hi. I have a res for our Home resort but was planning to move it anyway. Our 7 mos window comes soon and I want to book at a hotel. Trip will be DD sweet 16 and I want to book where she wants to stay. It will just be her, her BFF and me, and they want to stay at a MOD. We don't need the villa perks so it's okay and the pts are the same for our plans.

Do I need to wait to 7 mos window to make the changes or I can pull the trigger a week early? Yes timing.. it is close to easter so I'm getting worried.

Remember that there's a $95 fee to book the Moderate and another fee if you want to change anything so have all your ducks in a row.

And once you use the points for that reservation you can't cancel it and use those points for a dvc stay. The kind of points they are changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter